My own mock draft- I did this myself, and nobody helped me!!

Adam

1. Aaron Sears, OG, Tennessee.............A practical pick, makes a good line even more of a clear strength

2. Buster Davis, MLB, Florida State..........Could start immediately- very smart player

3a. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville...........Should go much higher, but missed most of season

3b. Tony Taylor, OLB, Georgia..............Another smart LB, position we need more depth

4. Julius Wilson, OT, Alabama-Birmingham...............Developmental, but very talented

5. Paul Soliai, DT, Utah..................developmental, but I hate this year's crop of DT

6. Matt Toaina, DT, Oregon.............one of our "High motor, high character" guys....a bull as far as power, good burst

7. Germaine Race, RB, Pitsburg State (Division II).............Very talented, if he slips we have to take him

I'd also keep an eye on David Ball, the record setting WR from New

Hampshire- he'd fit in our offense very well

looks like you did your research, but i for one would not be happy with a 1st round guard.

it's not a good pick at #12 and we have bigger needs at skill positions.

I think Levi Brown will be gone by then, and I think the crop of CB's and DT's this season are attrocious. Marshawn Lunch is very overrated as well. I see Sears as a chance to make what is a vastly improved line dominant- which will allow us to keep our defense off the field, and will make Anthony Thomas much better- as he will be carrying a much heavier load this year

1. Aaron Sears, OG, Tennessee.............A practical pick, makes a good line even more of a clear strength

2. Buster Davis, MLB, Florida State..........Could start immediately- very smart player

3a. Michael Bush, RB, Louisville...........Should go much higher, but missed most of season

3b. Tony Taylor, OLB, Georgia..............Another smart LB, position we need more depth

4. Julius Wilson, OT, Alabama-Birmingham...............Developmental, but very talented

5. Paul Soliai, DT, Utah..................developmental, but I hate this year's crop of DT

6. Matt Toaina, DT, Oregon.............one of our "High motor, high character" guys....a bull as far as power, good burst

7. Germaine Race, RB, Pitsburg State (Division II).............Very talented, if he slips we have to take him

We just gave a team record contract to Dockery, a guard. We signed Langston to a $25M, 5 year deal, he can play tackle and also play guard. We signed Jason Whittle and he too plays guard. We have Duke Preston and Aaron Merz on the roster, both play guard. They are also considering moving Butler, a tackle last year, to guard.

I have seen stranger things but I doubt they will draft a guard with the first pick.

We don't have a five...for the 5000th time. :lol:

I think Levi Brown will be gone by then, and I think the crop of CB's and DT's this season are attrocious. Marshawn Lunch is very overrated as well. I see Sears as a chance to make what is a vastly improved line dominant- which will allow us to keep our defense off the field, and will make Anthony Thomas much better- as he will be carrying a much heavier load this year

If you believe all this, it screams one thing....TRADE DOWN. get Lynch or Willis at 15-18

you should follow that other guy's lead and read from the Kiper Big Book.

I think Bush would be good value as a #3.

Really think the Bills won't draft a DB?

The consensus is that the Michigan CB is the top guy- he couldn't cover Ted Ginn- and as an OSU fan, I think Ginn is TERRIBLE!

I think Youbouty would be the top CB taken this year- and we already have him

I've seen Germaine Race from Pitt St. numerous times, and he could be a steal.

941 att. for 6985 yds., which is an avg. of 7.4 ypc...yeah, it's DII, but you never know with an RB.

Something to remember- he can only be as good as his team allows- with NFL talent around him, he'd be quite good. Lamar Gordon was a great DII player that Miami traded for a few years back

I say again that folks are really underestimating what our MLB is required to do in the Hybrid Cover 2 we run to really expect a rookie (any rookie including Willis) to take over the starting job at MLB right out of the draft.

On paper, the MLB is required to both tackle like a DT on running plays and cover like a safety on passing plays as the MLB has deep middle coverage responsibility in our Cover 2. Opposing OCs will simply be salivating at the chance to face a rookie MLB in our Cover 2 since all they need to do is show pass and then run to get the player to hold in place or even better take a step backwards and the running play has a shot at getting first down yardage up the middle or even worse, if they show run by sending the blocking up the middle or running play action, all the rookie needs to do is get fooled into stepping in and a fleet-footed WR get to run free on a post pattern with our MLB struggling to catch up.

Did the Cover 2 the way we ran it tend toward MLB pass coverage? You bet as F-B not only led all LBs in the NFL in INTs but his four outpaced CBs Clements who had three and McGee who had none.

If we go to the draft for LB help (a likelihood now that most FAs are gone) then it seems far more likely and far more intelligent football for us to pick an OLB and sh-- Crowell over to MLB. In addition to getting better production out of LB than F-B produced we also will have t replace his playcalling and I do not see a rookie doing that unless we do a crash course with a very bright MLB and still this rookie will simply not be a vet able to shift his team around to meet whatever the O is trying to do. Crowell has called signals before and knows this D so drafting an OLB makes far more football sense to me,

I say again that folks are really underestimating what our MLB is required to do in the Hybrid Cover 2 we run to really expect a rookie (any rookie including Willis) to take over the starting job at MLB right out of the draft.

On paper, the MLB is required to both tackle like a DT on running plays and cover like a safety on passing plays as the MLB has deep middle coverage responsibility in our Cover 2. Opposing OCs will simply be salivating at the chance to face a rookie MLB in our Cover 2 since all they need to do is show pass and then run to get the player to hold in place or even better take a step backwards and the running play has a shot at getting first down yardage up the middle or even worse, if they show run by sending the blocking up the middle or running play action, all the rookie needs to do is get fooled into stepping in and a fleet-footed WR get to run free on a post pattern with our MLB struggling to catch up.

Did the Cover 2 the way we ran it tend toward MLB pass coverage? You bet as F-B not only led all LBs in the NFL in INTs but his four outpaced CBs Clements who had three and McGee who had none.

If we go to the draft for LB help (a likelihood now that most FAs are gone) then it seems far more likely and far more intelligent football for us to pick an OLB and sh-- Crowell over to MLB. In addition to getting better production out of LB than F-B produced we also will have t replace his playcalling and I do not see a rookie doing that unless we do a crash course with a very bright MLB and still this rookie will simply not be a vet able to shift his team around to meet whatever the O is trying to do. Crowell has called signals before and knows this D so drafting an OLB makes far more football sense to me,

Buster Davis has played multiple LB positions, and is very intelligent, I think he could handle it, instead of having Crowell play out of position, and learn a new position

yeah - we know LBs are stupid and you would never draft one, thereby preventing your team from ever getting an elite player.

Heaven forbid we play the rookie at an outside spot if he can't pick up the middle quick enough.

Unfortunately, this is a moot issue since the 49ers will be taking Willis based on their extensive first hand evaluation at the senior bowl.

My go at it

First Round: DT: Okoye or Branch (or trade down and take willis) --Need to get tougher up the middle

2nd Round: RB Michael Bush Louisville--might not be there in the third--huge upside

3rd Round: ILB Jon Abbate Wake Forrest--Tough ILB, great instincts

3rd Round: CB Josh Wilson Maryland--arguably the best corner in college last year, great kick returner too--lacks ideal size.

4rd Round: OG Manual Ramirez (Buffalo's own ManRam) Texas Tech--A 335 pound Mauler

6th and 7th round--guys who have potential to continue to improve

My go at it

First Round: DT: Okoye or Branch (or trade down and take willis) --Need to get tougher up the middle

2nd Round: RB Michael Bush Louisville--might not be there in the third--huge upside

3rd Round: ILB Jon Abbate Wake Forrest--Tough ILB, great instincts

3rd Round: CB Josh Wilson Maryland--arguably the best corner in college last year, great kick returner too--lacks ideal size.

4rd Round: OG Manual Ramirez (Buffalo's own ManRam) Texas Tech--A 335 pound Mauler

6th and 7th round--guys who have potential to continue to improve

Good Draft. Happy St. Patty's Day Saturday!

I'll hitchhike on your and add the 6th and 7th Rounds:

6th Round: QB Jeff Rowe - Nevada QB was impressive at the combine; need someone else to throw passes in camp

7th Round: WR Matt Trannon- Word will get out on this guy; may be gone by noew

7th Round: OT Mike Otto - smart kid at Purdue started a school-record 50 consecutive contests.

yeah - we know LBs are stupid and you would never draft one, thereby preventing your team from ever getting an elite player.

Heaven forbid we play the rookie at an outside spot if he can't pick up the middle quick enough.

Unfortunately, this is a moot issue since the 49ers will be taking Willis based on their extensive first hand evaluation at the senior bowl.

Nope the approach of never drafting an LB is stupid and I would never advocate it.

However, not recognizing that the MLB role in the Tampa 2 is something that any rookie would likely struggle with and is very different than expecting someone to step right in at OLB would be somewhat less stupid but almost certainly would be a bad football move.

I too like Paul Soliai, but he will go in the fourth. For those who do not know 6'4 344 5.10-40 225-45x. And no way we go guard in the first. It will be RB, DT, LB or CB in no particular order.