bold draft predictions

Joe Thomas will obviously go very early. Levi Brown is easily the 2nd best OT in the draft. I think the Bills will draft Brown with their 1st pick and take the O-line a step further.

I honestly don't think Marv & co are as concerned about the D as everyone here is. I actually think Marv is going to set a new trend at LB in this copy-cat league. Smaller, faster LB's who have excellent coverage skills. While I think Spikes will regain form this year, I believe Ellison type LB's will be in the mix for the next 5 years, and Coy Wire will even excel in part time OLB duties. I wouldn't even rule out seeing Wire occupying the middle zone in passing situations. A day one pick will be used on another Ellison type LB.

I think McGee will return to form in his 2nd year in this system, and Ashton will be very serviceable, with Thomas and Greer being good experienced nickel candidates.

While Branch and Okoye will be hard to pass on, I don't think the O-line improvements will stop with FA's. I see a Peters, Dockery, Fowler, Walker, Brown line in the near future. After all, we did draft a 1st round DT last year (that nobody has seen play a full season, yet has been labeled a bust), and contrary to popular belief, having a 1 gap DT over center at all times isn't one of the commandments. As for last year's FA signings, people forget that every off-season isn't make or break, its part of a 3 or even 5 year plan unless your team plays in Washington. Not every signing is a projected long term starter, the player could be used as a starter in 06, but the long term plan for the player is depth oriented.

As far as the RB draft situation goes, I would not be at all shocked to see the Bills wait until day two and pick up a Brandon Jackson (Nebraska) type. I think a second or third-round RB pick is more likely, but waiting would not be a shock to me.

Now go to work my friends, like a pack of wild hyenas on a rotting carcass.

Joe Thomas will obviously go very early. Levi Brown is easily the 2nd best OT in the draft. I think the Bills will draft Brown with their 1st pick and take the O-line a step further.

I honestly don't think Marv & co are as concerned about the D as everyone here is. I actually think Marv is going to set a new trend at LB in this copy-cat league. Smaller, faster LB's who have excellent coverage skills. While I think Spikes will regain form this year, I believe Ellison type LB's will be in the mix for the next 5 years, and Coy Wire will even excel in part time OLB duties. I wouldn't even rule out seeing Wire occupying the middle zone in passing situations. A day one pick will be used on another Ellison type LB.

I think McGee will return to form in his 2nd year in this system, and Ashton will be very serviceable, with Thomas and Greer being good experienced nickel candidates.

While Branch and Okoye will be hard to pass on, I don't think the O-line improvements will stop with FA's. I see a Peters, Dockery, Fowler, Walker, Brown line in the near future. After all, we did draft a 1st round DT last year (that nobody has seen play a full season, yet has been labeled a bust), and contrary to popular belief, having a 1 gap DT over center at all times isn't one of the commandments. As for last year's FA signings, people forget that every off-season isn't make or break, its part of a 3 or even 5 year plan unless your team plays in Washington. Not every signing is a projected long term starter, the player could be used as a starter in 06, but the long term plan for the player is depth oriented.

As far as the RB draft situation goes, I would not be at all shocked to see the Bills wait until day two and pick up a Brandon Jackson (Nebraska) type. I think a second or third-round RB pick is more likely, but waiting would not be a shock to me.

Agree about Brandon Jackson.

They need to draft Defense in round 1. Hopefully Miami takes Levi Brown to replace one of the 5 OL they cut this off season.

Agree about Brandon Jackson.

They need to draft Defense in round 1. Hopefully Miami takes Levi Brown to replace one of the 5 OL they cut this off season.

One of which was Bennie Anderson. I don't see how that didn't work out.

we draft adrian peterson with our#1 pick and then we trade to wherever it takes to draft paul posluszny.it could be back into the lower 1st or even up to the high end of the 2nd round.after this with whatever picks we have left (after trading up)we just take the best available players available for depth.

I've heard it stated as the "Copernican Inversion"...

That term is occasionally used to describe a person or thing that sees the light - so to speak - and does a 180 deg. turn in outlook and understanding.

Wow, that's amazing!

Wait, no the hell it isn't!

Damn, I've had my own little inversion.

That offensive line you see sounds awesome. Isn't taking Levi Brown at number 12 a little high?

What about trading down a few picks and getting Brown at 15-17? We pick up an extra second, or at least a high 3rd and a 5th. We now have two seconds and two thirds, or a second and three thirds. We package a second and a third to move back up into the bottom of the first round to grab the best corner, D-lineman or linebacker still on the board at that particular spot. After drafting the second first rounder, we still have at least two picks left in the top three rounds. We can take two of the three positions of need left with those picks. By doing this we have filled 3 positions of need in the first three rounds and gotten ourselves a stud right tackle.

Our four positions of need IMHO our DT, RB, LB, CB. Obviously one of these positions will not get filled in the first three rounds if you use my scenario. But there is still free agency and rounds 4-7 to fill any other holes.

Anything that Marv does on draft day would not be shocking based on what he did in last years draft.

As of this moment our two biggest problems are at D-line and POSSIBLY at linebacker. I suspect the powers that be are very happy with Crowell in the middle, but it seems we would at least need an outside backer. Running back has suddenly become a big area of concern as well.

Now at 12 there are four worthy 12 picks in the category for us to draft...Okoye, Branch, Willis and (long shot) Adrian Peterson. Any one of the four is good.

Brown, Poszluzny, maybe Lynch, and many other valuable players might be helpful to us, but only with a trade down. I like Brown, but I really think we have to address those four positions first...def. tackle, linebacker, running back and maybe cornerback on the first day. I think the really good offensive linemen will be gone after that.

As of this moment our two biggest problems are at D-line and POSSIBLY at linebacker. I suspect the powers that be are very happy with Crowell in the middle, but it seems we would at least need an outside backer. Running back has suddenly become a big area of concern as well.

Now at 12 there are four worthy 12 picks in the category for us to draft...Okoye, Branch, Willis and (long shot) Adrian Peterson. Any one of the four is good.

Brown, Poszluzny, maybe Lynch, and many other valuable players might be helpful to us, but only with a trade down. I like Brown, but I really think we have to address those four positions first...def. tackle, linebacker, running back and maybe cornerback on the first day. I think the really good offensive linemen will be gone after that.

What does this have to do with inverted penii?

That offensive line you see sounds awesome. Isn't taking Levi Brown at number 12 a little high?

What about trading down a few picks and getting Brown at 15-17? We pick up an extra second, or at least a high 3rd and a 5th. We now have two seconds and two thirds, or a second and three thirds. We package a second and a third to move back up into the bottom of the first round to grab the best corner, D-lineman or linebacker still on the board at that particular spot. After drafting the second first rounder, we still have at least two picks left in the top three rounds. We can take two of the three positions of need left with those picks. By doing this we have filled 3 positions of need in the first three rounds and gotten ourselves a stud right tackle.

Our four positions of need IMHO our DT, RB, LB, CB. Obviously one of these positions will not get filled in the first three rounds if you use my scenario. But there is still free agency and rounds 4-7 to fill any other holes.

Anything that Marv does on draft day would not be shocking based on what he did in last years draft.

I do think it is a little high in regards to mock drafts and "best player available" scenarios. And I also love the idea of gaining flexibility with the acquisition of additional picks. However, once Joe Thomas is off the board, all bets are off. A team could come to their senses at a moments notice and decide to pick a solid OL prospect that will be able to immediately contribute, as well as improve the performance of the offensive skill players.

Marv showed us last year that he is not willing to take the risk by waiting or trading down. He seems to know exactly who he wants, and eliminates the risk of missing out by taking them sooner than expected, and even trading up to get them. Personally I like this approach. Getting the player you've coveted for months leading up to the draft is worth missing out on a draft pick gain. I think once Marv & Co decide who they want, they make sure they get them. One player you love > two you like.

why would they spend a first round pick and the millions for that pick when they just spent 25 million on a right tackle and have already locked up their LT for the long term?

I'll betcha anything you like that if Levi Brown is on the board when the Bills pick, they pass on him.

why would they spend a first round pick and the millions for that pick when they just spent 25 million on a right tackle and have already locked up their LT for the long term?

I'll betcha anything you like that if Levi Brown is on the board when the Bills pick, they pass on him.

Hard to see how Miami passes on him.

Agree Bills will not draft Ol in 1st round.

Possibly Manny Ramierez OG in late 3rd or 4th.