Running Back Poll

gflande1

Which Running back would you like to see in a Bills uniform?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Running back Round 2-3

• Michael Bush-Louisville (2nd Round)
    • Brian Leonard-Rutgers (2nd Round)
    • Kenny Irons-Auburn (2nd Round)
    • Tony Hunt-Penn State (3rd Round)
    • Antonio Pittman-Ohio State (3rd Round)

More info on my Man bush. bush in the 2nd

Strengths: A big, powerful and fast prospect with premier running back potential in the NFL. He possesses great straight-line speed and agility for his size. He shows good initial burst but also displays patience as a runner. His vision is excellent, and he does a very good job of changing direction in the backfield in order to hit the developing backside hole. Great feet for his size. When he runs with adequate pad-level, he can run through defenders. He also has enough speed to consistently turn the corner as an outside runner. He's a versatile athlete who was recruited to play quarterback out of high school. He possesses good athleticism and hand-eye coordination. He looks smooth when catching the ball out of the backfield. Shows reliable hands and flashes the ability to pluck the ball on the run, as well as away from his body. He has experience working out of the slot and split out wide. Is an outstanding route-runner for a running back, especially for his size. He has ideal size and strength to handle blocking responsibility at the next level. Also shows willingness in blitz pickup.

Weaknesses: Durability is now a pressing concern following season-ending broken leg as a senior. He also missed two games (Rutgers, Syracuse) due to injury in 2005. He possesses great speed for his size, but he's not going to run away from NFL defenders as frequently as he did at the collegiate level. He lacks ideal elusiveness and will struggle to make defenders miss in space at the next level. Runs too high at times. Needs to show more consistent pad-level and also needs to add a better stiff-arm move to his repertoire. Conditioning and stamina can improve. Can use some technique work as a blocker. Has the tools to be outstanding in this facet but needs to refine angles and show more consistent leverage at the point of attack.

Overall: Bush arrived at Louisville in 2003 and played in all 13 games (four starts) as a true freshman. He carried 81 times for 503 yards (6.2 average), scored six touchdowns and caught 17 passes for 240 yards and one touchdown. In 2004, Bush played in all 12 games (three starts) and rushed for 743 yards on 132 carries (5.6 average) with seven touchdowns and added 11 receptions for 155 yards. Bush also threw a 48-yard touchdown pass vs. TCU. In 2005, Bush started eight of the 10 contests he played in and missed two games with a foot injury. He rushed 205 times for a Big East-high 1,143 yards (5.6 average) and set a Louisville school record for rushing touchdowns with 23, earning first-team All-Big East honors (coaches). He also made 21 receptions for 253 yards and one touchdown. Bush broke his leg in the 2006 season opener after carrying 17 times for 128 yards and three touchdowns and missed the remainder of the year.

As expected, Bush declined the option of returning to Louisville for his fifth-year of eligibility and has made himself available for the 2007 draft. Before the injury he was considered the premier senior running back prospect in the class. At full strength, Bush's versatility and speed for a 250-pound back are what separate him from most others at his position. However, his injury typically requires a 6-8 month recovery period, which means he won't be at full strength in enough time to work out for NFL scouts before the draft. With all those variables in mind, Bush should be selected no earlier than the second round and no later than the third round.

Bush in the 2nd round and Leonard (if he's still on the board in the 3rd) as his FB/backup RB. Just imagine how potentially dangerous this backfield would be behind our new O line. Use the rest of the draft to stop the run add in one WR and you have a recipe for instant success. 10-6 in 2007! Wow, now I'm all excited, this mock draft stuff is fun...

Bush in the 2nd round and Leonard (if he's still on the board in the 3rd) as his FB/backup RB. Just imagine how potentially dangerous this backfield would be behind our new O line. Use the rest of the draft to stop the run add in one WR and you have a recipe for instant success. 10-6 in 2007! Wow, now I'm all excited, this mock draft stuff is fun...

Why? Because you get to pretend that every player your team drafts has a lot of success?

He's a fullback. Even Mike Mayock said he looked extremely awkward carrying the football.

He ran a faster 40 yd dash than your boy Marshawn.

Mayock says he looks awkward running the ball. WTF does that suppose to mean? He lost 12 lbs to get into HB shape and everyone was saying that he should have gained 12 lbs instead. If you watch this guy, he may not be ellusive, but he sure as hell isn't going to be dancing behind the line on 3rd and short like one of our featured HBs used to do.

He ran a faster 40 yd dash than your boy Marshawn.

Mayock says he looks awkward running the ball. WTF does that suppose to mean? He lost 12 lbs to get into HB shape and everyone was saying that he should have gained 12 lbs instead. If you watch this guy, he may not be ellusive, but he sure as hell isn't going to be dancing behind the line on 3rd and short like one of our featured HBs used to do.

Wow, if we measured success and caiber of a running back on his fourty yard dash time, then we should go sign Antonio Brown back.

He played at Rutgers, and there are only 2-3 teams in the Big East that can claim any decency in the NCAA.

Wow, if we measured success and caiber of a running back on his fourty yard dash time, then we should go sign Antonio Brown back.

He played at Rutgers, and there are only 2-3 teams in the Big East that can claim any decency in the NCAA.

Antonio Brown was a WR, not a RB, with pretty good staright line speed and that was about it.

Speed isn't an overall indicator of talent, but when someone says that a RB looks awkward carrying the football, wtf is that supposed to mean? But also, just because Leonard comes from the Big East don't mean schit. Look at Steve McNair from Alcorn St, or TO from Tennessee Chatanooga, or LFB from John Carroll. I'm sure the conferences these guys played in were full of power houses :wallbash:

Leonard pretty much single handedly turned around the Rutgers football program in the 4 years that he was there by providing leadership, skill, and heart.

He is THE most versatile RB in this draft. He can run, he has caught more passes than any other RB in this draft, and he can block.

Antonio Brown was a WR, not a RB, with pretty good staright line speed and that was about it.

Speed isn't an overall indicator of talent, but when someone says that a RB looks awkward carrying the football, wtf is that supposed to mean? But also, just because Leonard comes from the Big East don't mean schit. Look at Steve McNair from Alcorn St, or TO from Tennessee Chatanooga, or LFB from John Carroll. I'm sure the conferences these guys played in were full of power houses :wallbash:

Leonard pretty much single handedly turned around the Rutgers football program in the 4 years that he was there by providing leadership, skill, and heart.

He is THE most versatile RB in this draft. He can run, he has caught more passes than any other RB in this draft, and he can block.

Thanks, I knew that Brown was a WR. But he is still possibly the fastest Bill to ever suit up. thats why i mentioned his name.

IF he is the best running back in this league, why is he currently projected to go in the late 2nd or early third? There's something wrong there.

Thanks, I knew that Brown was a WR. But he is still possibly the fastest Bill to ever suit up. thats why i mentioned his name.

IF he is the best running back in this league, why is he currently projected to go in the late 2nd or early third? There's something wrong there.

I never said "best"...I said "most versatile". I would much rather have Adrian Peterson.

Everyone talks schit about Mel Kiper and everyone complains about where a draftee is "projected" to go. Where did you get your Brian Leonard "projections"? Mel Kiper? Mike Mayock? I know it probably wasn't from someone in the front office of an NFL organization, so your late 2nd early 3rd round "projection" of where Brian Leonard gets drafted doesn't mean schit.

As we saw last year with Marv and co., projections are just that, projections.