First-Round Mock- How's this Look? Analysis for most picks...

Midwest

What do you think? Does this bear anything to reality?

1. Oakland- QB JaMarcus Russell (LSU)

2. Detroit- WR Calvin Johnson (Georgia Tech)- Matt Millen defies his critics again and Mike Williams may be a cap casuality in June.

3. Cleveland- QB Brady Quinn (Notre Dame)

4. Tampa Bay- DE Gaines Adams (Clemson)- They addressed LT with Petitgout and now look to replenish at DE (Rice aging; Dewayne White left via FA).

5. Arizona- OT Joe Thomas (Wisconsin)

6. Washington- DT Amobi Okoye (Louisville)- If they're already high on him, nothing they'll learn from here on out will dissuade them.

7. Minnesota- RB Adrian Peterson (Oklahoma)- Chester Taylor, no Chester Taylor- Peterson offers too much value here.

8. Houston- FS Laron Landry (LSU)

9. Miami- DT Alan Branch (Michigan)

10. Atlanta- DE Jamaal Anderson (Arkansas)- Kerney opted out of his contract and headed for Seattle, and Abraham is perennially injured, it seems.

11. San Francisco- MLB Patrick Willis (Ole Miss)- They'll continue to address WR in the coming rounds, but Mike Nolan wants to solidy the middle of that defense.

12. Buffalo- Marshawn Lynch (California)- Trading down is an option, but with Willis gone, running back by committee may eventually give way to the dynamic and elusive Lynch being a 315-carry back by 2008 for Buffalo.

13. St. Louis- CB Leon Hall (Michigan)- Would love to go DT, but no other DT is worthy of #13 with Okoye and Branch both gone.

14. Carolina- OT Levi Brown (Carolina)

15. Pittsburgh- LB Paul Posluszny (Penn State)- A surprise pick, but Posluszny may be a better fit to help against the run with the increased incorporation of Mike Tomlin's Cover 2 than a pure pass-rusher like Jarvis Moss or Lawrence Timmons; they could have kept Joey Porter if that was their intention.

16. Green Bay- TE Greg Olsen (Miami)- Somewhat crushed that Lynch is in Buffalo, they will trade to trade down to the bottom of the first. If they're unable to, Bubba Franks' replacement is found in the highest-rated TE in the 2007 draft: Greg Olsen.

17. Jacksonville- Reggie Nelson (Florida)

18. Cincinnati- CB Chris Houston (Arkansas)

19. Tennessee- WR Ted Ginn Jr. (Ohio State)- Talk about a glaring hole, though DE Charles Johnson will be considered because 24 sacks as a team is a very paltry number.

20. New York Giants- LB Lawrence Timmons (Florida State)- Poor combine or not for Timmons, the Giants have multiple needs but none worse than OLB's.

21. Denver- DE Adam Carriker (Nebraska)- They need an injection of youth upfront and they narrowly lost out on Kerney to the Seahawks.

22. Dallas- CB Aaron Ross (Texas)

23. Kansas City- WR Robert Meachem (Tennessee)

24. New England- DE/LB Jarvis Moss (Florida)- Good value here, and he'll transition to a 3/4 OLB for the Pats. Rosevelt Colvin is in the last year of his 5-year, $25 million dollar contract signed in 2003 and just like with Adalius Thomas, Belicheck will love Moss' versatility.

25. New York Jets- CB Darrelle Revis (Pittsburgh)- Justin Miller, while an exceptional returner, has been a disappointment as a starting CB. Revis just seems to have a knack for producing big plays despite top-end speed.

26. Philadelphia- WR Dewayne Bowe (LSU)

27. New Orleans- CB Marcus McCauley (Fresno State)- A bit of a reach after a poor 2006, but he has an excellent combination of size and speed and fills the Saints' biggest need.

28. New England- SS Michael Griffin (Texas)- Rodney Harrison turns 36 in December and has been battling injuries for the last few years. The Pats have his replacement, plus a better contingency plan if he gets hurt again.

29. Baltimore- OT Joe Staley (Central Michigan)- The Ravens need line help, but they may be fine with an interior of Jason Brown and Keydrick Vincent at guard. Staley can play LT if Odgen retires (admittedly a bigger responsibility than the Ravens want him to have immediately) but more likely replaces Tony Pathos at RT.

30. San Diego- WR Sidney Rice (South Carolina)

31. Chicago- G Ben Grubb (Auburn)

32. Indianapolis- OLB Jon Beason (Miami)- In the event that June ultimately doesn't re-sign, Beason would be very good value at pick #32 to fill in at the weak-side. He's not as good in coverage as June, but he has better size and may prove to be a better run-stuffer than what the Colts' are accustomed to from the "Mike" position.

I cant see buffalo taking a RB with #12...to many RB's that could be good for bills...id rather have have pittman in the 2nd or 3rd round anyways...Id have to take the best player available in another spot besides RB...CB,ILB or trade down

What do you think? Does this bear anything to reality?

1. Oakland- QB JaMarcus Russell (LSU)

2. Detroit- WR Calvin Johnson (Georgia Tech)- Matt Millen defies his critics again and Mike Williams may be a cap casuality in June.

3. Cleveland- QB Brady Quinn (Notre Dame)

4. Tampa Bay- DE Gaines Adams (Clemson)- They addressed LT with Petitgout and now look to replenish at DE (Rice aging; Dewayne White left via FA).

5. Arizona- OT Joe Thomas (Wisconsin)

6. Washington- DT Amobi Okoye (Louisville)- If they're already high on him, nothing they'll learn from here on out will dissuade them.

7. Minnesota- RB Adrian Peterson (Oklahoma)- Chester Taylor, no Chester Taylor- Peterson offers too much value here.

8. Houston- FS Laron Landry (LSU)

9. Miami- DT Alan Branch (Michigan)

10. Atlanta- DE Jamaal Anderson (Arkansas)- Kerney opted out of his contract and headed for Seattle, and Abraham is perennially injured, it seems.

11. San Francisco- MLB Patrick Willis (Ole Miss)- They'll continue to address WR in the coming rounds, but Mike Nolan wants to solidy the middle of that defense.

Can't see how Miami does not take Levi Brown.

They have let go 5 OL and have no real options left in FA.

This would probably push Branch to Bills.

Based on his boom or bust profile, may be best to trade down with someone despearate for a big DT. If Branch is gone, then chances of trading down are slim.

Interesting draft. But there's a bunch of things that won't happen.

Detroit: won't take a WR--NO WAY!

Washington: needs a DE, probably Adams maybe Anderson

Minnesota: desperately needs a WR playmaker or secondary help. Word has it they love Ted Ginn for the return ability, I bet they are the candidate to trade down and still get Ginn.

I cant see buffalo taking a RB with #12...to many RB's that could be good for bills...id rather have have pittman in the 2nd or 3rd round anyways...Id have to take the best player available in another spot besides RB...CB,ILB or trade down

Stop making sense around here you might get banned!

I gotta be honest, I was more a Marshawn Lynch guy a couple months ago, but now i am getting more on board with Pittman and a run defense.

I hope Marv just trades down a couple times. One player is not going to make THAT big a difference, whereas he has shown the ability to make good use of the draft with lower level picks....and we need a lot of players.

One guy I really like is Poluszny, or whatever his name is, from Penn State. He's a monster who could be a combo Shane Conlan/Urlacher, and plug the middle for a few years. Trade down and grab that guy and pick up another choice or two later on.

If you can find the right team to trade down with you might be able to get another second rounder.

The one team I keep looking at is the Bears. With the problems they are having with Briggs, I can really see them as a major trade partner if Patrick Willis is there when we pick at #12. If I can recall, the Bears have 2 picks within the top 36? Thats one team id be willing to trade the 12th to for both those picks. Those are quality picks the Bears have and we could really improve our team if we swung a deal with them. id love to have 2 2nd round picks and 2 3rd round picks for this draft. With many holes to fill the Bears to me are the best fit to make a trade with.

I don't LIKE your scenario...but it makes a lot of sense. I think the real cream of the crop from our point of view is the Okoye, Branch Willis possibility and once we lose that we are in ttrouble. Personally I would trade down and get Lynch, Poluszny, or some other lower level first and try to end up with another third rounder. I couldn't take great issue if we drafted Lynch at twelve though. Nice draft thinking...

I have read a view reviews on Pittman lately and it seems that some of these "expert types" are saying he is more of a Kevin Faulk type back than a Marshall Faulk type back. What I have read it is not likely that he would come in and be a starter or even a guy that would be groomed to be an every down back. More of a career backup. Along the lines of a Kenneth Davis.

Not that there is anything wrong with K. Faulk or K. Davis, but I think the Bills already have that kind of back on the roster.

Good mock however I think that ATL and MIN picks will be opposite of what you have. I think MIN needs a pass rushing DE much more so than a RB. I think ATL would take Peterson at #10 and pair him with Dunn if Landry is off the board. If the draft unfolds this way I think we could see the Bills trade down in the draft and then take a CB like Revis or Hall in the late teens. This would net them an extra 1st day pick and they then could take a RB, OLB, MLB and DT with their remaining 4 picks.

Where do you get these character issues?

Some folks have a "character" concern due to a rape allegation against him which did not lead to any charges being formally filed. I have zero idea whether this was a serious problem he bought his way out of or it was simply a goldigger after a little of his likely scratch, but the thought is that in either case it may not bode well for him as a character guy. The team interview with him which took place at the Combine will likely make the difference.

The Bills and Marv have shown with their drafting of Butler that a single incident is not necessarily a character disqualifier for a player.

Good mock however I think that ATL and MIN picks will be opposite of what you have. I think MIN needs a pass rushing DE much more so than a RB. I think ATL would take Peterson at #10 and pair him with Dunn if Landry is off the board. If the draft unfolds this way I think we could see the Bills trade down in the draft and then take a CB like Revis or Hall in the late teens. This would net them an extra 1st day pick and they then could take a RB, OLB, MLB and DT with their remaining 4 picks.

Dunn is 32 and on his last legs.

The future in Atlanta is Jerious Norwood - thhe type of mid-round RB the Bills should be getting with upside.

Atlanta will not take Peterson- but may trade down to someone who does want him

Interesting draft. My guess is if Willis, Branch and Okoye are gone, Marv goes with Poszulsny at LB at 12. He won't deal down and risk losing him. He'll take him, get roasted by Kiper for reaching, and I'll be happy we got a good LB.

We'll get the RB in round 2.

Interesting draft. My guess is if Willis, Branch and Okoye are gone, Marv goes with Poszulsny at LB at 12. He won't deal down and risk losing him. He'll take him, get roasted by Kiper for reaching, and I'll be happy we got a good LB.

We'll get the RB in round 2.

Poszulsny is not going at pick 12. I see where you are coming from, but he has a chance of falling out of the first round by draft day.

Poszulsny is not going at pick 12. I see where you are coming from, but he has a chance of falling out of the first round by draft day.

You're right, but I just think Marv will go get his guy with no regard to the draftniks. I wouldn't mind seeing Poz in a Bills uni either. He's been compared to a young Bruschi (We're not worthy). Not so bad for our Run D.