Bills' RBs: Chris Brown, A-Train

CJPearl2

The Bills sound like (see Coach Jaron's interview today re: A-Train) they will be playing with 2 RBs this year and not one specific starter. And why not? This has worked for a number of other teams and could work for the Bills.

Because of this, look for them to focus on Defense with the first pick. I think the Lynch and Peterson talk is only because we were without a quality RB until today. I think Brown signs with us tomorrow or later this week.

Therefore, look for a trade down, or maybe Patrick Willis or Okoye with our first pick.

Trade down!

We are not trading down. the Bills are on the fringe of prime talent in this draft. Moving down would only hurt their chances of picking up a quality player that could change this franchise. We stay where we are, we aren'ttaking anymore picks, WE DON'T NEED THEM.

We are not trading down. the Bills are on the fringe of prime talent in this draft. Moving down would only hurt their chances of picking up a quality player that could change this franchise. We stay where we are, we aren'ttaking anymore picks, WE DON'T NEED THEM.

I wouldnt say we dont need them, but unless a bunch of teams reach early, I agree with your assessment that pick 12 represents around the final point where you can get a real blue chip prospect.

Still too far away from the draft to tell whats going to happen with even minimal accuracy.

I'm with you bud. Trading down is stupid and serves no purpose other than to help out some other team.

I agree. How many rookies do we really need on the team next year? More than 8? considering that 1 or 2 Undrafted free agents generally make the team I would rather see them trade up and get more value for the picks.

You have to leave your options open. Depending on who is on the board at #12 and who is still available a trade down maybe a plus to gain another second rnd pick to tie with another to get back into the first for two picks. There is more than one stud LB, CB, RB, WR, whatever in this draft. Saying no closes ALL your options, but being hesitant maybe productive.

It depends on the year and the draft and the teams that are willing to trade. Just for an example, however, I just looked at the draft chart. The #12 pick is worth 1200 points exactly. Just for kicks I looked at who would be around if we traded down for a #1 and a #2, and the easiest way was to look at a 800 and 400, which was pick #21 and #50. Last year, #12 was Ngata, #21 was Laurence Maroney and #50 was Marcus McNeil. I would make that trade in a second. But in 2005, the #12 was Shawn Merriman, the #21 was Matt Jones and the #50 was Rod Bartell. So that would be terrible. Obviously, looking at it just that way is futile, but if you look at the guys available a couple slots below each pick, some good and some bad, you can easily see why it's a pretty fair trade, depending on who you select.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/drafts