Chris Simon , done for Season , Done for career?

millbank

I agree. Damn funny.

On a side note: I was reading an article on Teddy Nolan yesterday afternoon and he made mention of Simon because of their similiar upbringing and Nolan's influence on Chris' career. I remember thinking to myself: "Boy, it's been awhile since the Chief did something really stupid."

Whoops.

True. They seriously have to make an example out of Simon though. Couldn't believe that Orr (Ranger) didn't make more of a play to get ahold of Simon. Unreal, if the guy isn't suspended for the year.

As of a few hours ago, for those who haven't heard, the NHL's suspended him "indefinitely". Which really means "At least until he gets to Toronto for a hearing", but I expect and hope it'll be a LOT longer.

Interesting ... the reason I heard he is suspended indefinitely is because he can't travel to Toronto because of post-concussion syndrome from the hit he took into the boards prior to his decapitation attempt.

Simon is either smart, or at least smart enough (or experienced) to get a lawyer very quickly. I know that it's "only" hockey, but bringing in the post-concussion stuff is going to make the sports community take notice.

Bertuzzi should have served serious time. I always recall the punch, but never seem to remember how he drove Moore's forehead into the ice as he fell. Moore is lucky to be alive and not paralyzed.

Exactly. I though Bertuzzi's was many times worse than Simon's. The Burtuzzi incident is one of the low points in NHL history. A 20 game suspension was a joke. Bertuzzi should have been permanently banned from the NHL, not to mention serve prison time.

Exactly. I though Bertuzzi's was many times worse than Simon's. The Burtuzzi incident is one of the low points in NHL history. A 20 game suspension was a joke. Bertuzzi should have been permanently banned from the NHL, not to mention serve prison time.

Same for the Cubs prospect that beaned the batter for timing his pitches... What ever happened to him?... Pretty sure he ended up in the Cubs org? The other guy's career was ended...

I don't think he's 100% sorry for what he did. He's just sucking up to the media and trying to play nice so his suspension isn't more than it should be.

Agreed. It is, however, one hell of a good statement. He has a good agent/PR person.