Lets Get Real

I have been reading alot of posts and over the past years there have been some well thought out opinions on this board but this year i am not seeing it heres why.

First lets touch on Mcgahee and the Facts. He has never been happy with the fact that we drafted him and didnt pay him what he felt a 1st rounder was worth. He wasnt happy because he felt his TD incentives werent going to be reached because the team wouldnt use him in the red zone. He wasnt happy with Buffalo stating he wanted to go to a warmer environment and mentioned many of times over the last two years about his contract and wanting to be traded. He never looked to be on the same page with JP over Jp's starting tenure. Worst of all he could not be counted on in 3rd and short situations. He doesnt have the break way speed he had in college and his hands were not that great. JP did great dumping to the RB when the RB was Anthony Thomas.

Now that we have traded him every wants us to waste our 1st rnd pick on a running back in a draft that none of the RBS are worth drafting in the first. Jauron has the right plan this year and that is running back by committe and Anthony Thomas is definately one we need to resign Im not sure about the rest of you but I seen him run harder than WM evry time he touched the ball there was a game where on 10 attempts WM had a 1.5 average while Thomas had a 10 yd avg and i wondered why they didnt keep giving him the ball. So to compliment Thomas we need another runner injury prone or not Chris Brown is the best option.

Spikes isnt being as actively Traded as WM was and based on on my understanding of comments Spikes will be with us this upcoming season leaving us a MLB and 2 CB to be replaced and there are two great options that should be available to us in the First round and that is Leon Hall and Patrick Willis and to be honest with you after watching Marv smirk when he said he had options of trading into the first round leads me to believe he is going to try and Draft both of these players. Youboty is not ready to be a starter maybe a nickle back but not a starter and the Bills are aware of this and Hall looks like hes ready to start immeadately.

The other position of need after that is a FB and i dont see where they are going to get some one or who is left the might be targeting the could be adressing this in the draft or not.

So essentially I see them drafting on the first Day these positions of need.

1A Leon Hall-CB

1b Patrick Willis-LB

3rd Rd(frm baltimore)- Darius Walker-RB

Overall I am not as uncomortable witht he moves that are being made. Our offensive line is a huge improvment over any of the past 5 years regardless of how much we paid them. Essentially we should be able to run thte ball well regardless of who has the ball and be able to protect the QB.

The defense needs to get younger and faster and there is no way i would have spent 10 mil a year on Clements hes not a TY Law Champ Bailey type of player. QBS have never been intimated at throwing in his direction and Bellichek really degraded him last year when talking about him and hes considered the defensive genious.

The Fact is players leave every year every team in the leaugue has this problem and big name siginings does not equal playoffs just ask the Redskins they havent made the play offs and the sign and trade for every marquee player available. Its teams like the Patriots who build there team through the DRAFT and sign free agents that fly under the radar for the most part. Im not down on this upcoming season. I will see how the rest of FA goes and especially the Draft and once I get a look at our product on the field then I can determine where we will be. Last year I was only two games off and they played even better than I expected them to hanging around in close games they could have won only to lose a heartbreaker. The fact is the team is an improved product even without fletcher/clements and Mcgahee hell our defense gave away atleast 4 games last year so there is definately a need to improve in this area.

But the main point is this it typically takes 3 years for a new Gm/Coach to rebuild a team that is going to compete for the playoffs and in that aspect they seem to be ahead of the pace because they could have a team on the field this year that could be on the brink if not this year they are definatley on track for Next year being a play off year. We need to have realistic expectations and be happy when we are being talked about in playoff contention with 2 weeks left in the season knowing if we got in we wouldnt make it out of the first rd. We need to improve on that this year.

i like your idea of marv moving back into the 1st. i also like the idea of not trading and just stockpiling first-day bodies.

the only thing id change is that i think we will pick Patrick Willis at #12 and then the best CB available at 20something(wherever we are able to trade back into).

also, hopefully there is a better RB available in the 3rd, but thats just wishing...

I just meant people that talk football.

When I talk football in my office at work and someone comes in and totally messes up a name or position than I take what they have to say with a grain of salt as far as there opinon goes. Thats all that I meant.

Its like me talking with my son about Pokemon. He looks at me like I'm an idiot half the time because I don't get the names right. He is right...I don't know jack about Pokemon.

When I talk football in my office at work and someone comes in and totally messes up a name or position than I take what they have to say with a grain of salt as far as there opinon goes. Thats all that I meant.

Its like me talking with my son about Pokemon. He looks at me like I'm an idiot half the time because I don't get the names right. He is right...I don't know jack about Pokemon.

cause "talking football" is SERIOUS BUSINESS!

dude, with ALL the players and details and stuff with professional sports, to dismiss someone's opinion cause they screwed up some name of a guy on a team they dont even follow is a little ludicrous... but whatever makes you right to yourself.

Its not that i dont know what im talking about... its an opinion and i had a freudian slip on the last name. I dont commit everyone in the drafts name to memory so I apologize for that. Still its my opinion as well as yours. I do understand what your talking about but because someone doesnt know the name i do not discount them.

But when they know nothing about the player I do. For ex at work this Patriot fan ( i live in NE so im surrounded by them) was talking to me about the Bills problem is the QB JP and we needed to get rid of him. I stuck to my convictions I have had about JP before we Drafted him yet my coworkers lack of knowledge of him irritated me and towards the end of the season he retracted saying I was right about JP. Im not an expert on anything I was just offering my perception of the team I have loved for 17 years.

Its not that i dont know what im talking about... its an opinion and i had a freudian slip on the last name.

Actually a "Freudian slip" is an inadvertent mistake that reveals a person's unconscious motives, wishes, or attitudes. So apparently, by your own admission, you did mean Patrick Davis. :lol:

i would love to get both Hall and Willis in the first, but I kind of doubt it's possible. I think we only have the ammo to get into the mid to late 20s for a second 1st and I think that Willis will be gone by then.

From all the stories Marv tells about his push to take Conlan back in the 80s, I wonder if we don't trade back in and take Poz, who may likely still be there in the late 20s. I'd rather have Willis though and I hope you're right,

I have been reading alot of posts and over the past years there have been some well thought out opinions on this board but this year i am not seeing it heres why.

First lets touch on Mcgahee and the Facts. He has never been happy with the fact that we drafted him and didnt pay him what he felt a 1st rounder was worth. He wasnt happy because he felt his TD incentives werent going to be reached because the team wouldnt use him in the red zone. He wasnt happy with Buffalo stating he wanted to go to a warmer environment and mentioned many of times over the last two years about his contract and wanting to be traded. He never looked to be on the same page with JP over Jp's starting tenure. Worst of all he could not be counted on in 3rd and short situations. He doesnt have the break way speed he had in college and his hands were not that great. JP did great dumping to the RB when the RB was Anthony Thomas.

Now that we have traded him every wants us to waste our 1st rnd pick on a running back in a draft that none of the RBS are worth drafting in the first. Jauron has the right plan this year and that is running back by committe and Anthony Thomas is definately one we need to resign Im not sure about the rest of you but I seen him run harder than WM evry time he touched the ball there was a game where on 10 attempts WM had a 1.5 average while Thomas had a 10 yd avg and i wondered why they didnt keep giving him the ball. So to compliment Thomas we need another runner injury prone or not Chris Brown is the best option.

Spikes isnt being as actively Traded as WM was and based on on my understanding of comments Spikes will be with us this upcoming season leaving us a MLB and 2 CB to be replaced and there are two great options that should be available to us in the First round and that is Leon Hall and Patrick Willis and to be honest with you after watching Marv smirk when he said he had options of trading into the first round leads me to believe he is going to try and Draft both of these players. Youboty is not ready to be a starter maybe a nickle back but not a starter and the Bills are aware of this and Hall looks like hes ready to start immeadately.

The other position of need after that is a FB and i dont see where they are going to get some one or who is left the might be targeting the could be adressing this in the draft or not.

So essentially I see them drafting on the first Day these positions of need.

1A Leon Hall-CB

1b Patrick Willis-LB

3rd Rd(frm baltimore)- Darius Walker-RB

Overall I am not as uncomortable witht he moves that are being made. Our offensive line is a huge improvment over any of the past 5 years regardless of how much we paid them. Essentially we should be able to run thte ball well regardless of who has the ball and be able to protect the QB.

The defense needs to get younger and faster and there is no way i would have spent 10 mil a year on Clements hes not a TY Law Champ Bailey type of player. QBS have never been intimated at throwing in his direction and Bellichek really degraded him last year when talking about him and hes considered the defensive genious.

The Fact is players leave every year every team in the leaugue has this problem and big name siginings does not equal playoffs just ask the Redskins they havent made the play offs and the sign and trade for every marquee player available. Its teams like the Patriots who build there team through the DRAFT and sign free agents that fly under the radar for the most part. Im not down on this upcoming season. I will see how the rest of FA goes and especially the Draft and once I get a look at our product on the field then I can determine where we will be. Last year I was only two games off and they played even better than I expected them to hanging around in close games they could have won only to lose a heartbreaker. The fact is the team is an improved product even without fletcher/clements and Mcgahee hell our defense gave away atleast 4 games last year so there is definately a need to improve in this area.

But the main point is this it typically takes 3 years for a new Gm/Coach to rebuild a team that is going to compete for the playoffs and in that aspect they seem to be ahead of the pace because they could have a team on the field this year that could be on the brink if not this year they are definatley on track for Next year being a play off year. We need to have realistic expectations and be happy when we are being talked about in playoff contention with 2 weeks left in the season knowing if we got in we wouldnt make it out of the first rd. We need to improve on that this year.

You think a team should go into a draft thinking "we'll get our running back in the 3rd round"? Like that's where you get a franchise back? I agree, if there isn't a RB that's worth a first round pick don't take one there, but to just think that the 3rd round is the place to find him (don't give me a list of 3rd round success stories, the ODDS are not good at all) seems like a good way to waste a pick.