Now that we have an extra 3rd

this was a great move by marv for plenty of reasons. forget the fact that we got rid of an under-achiever who was asking for too much money. with these extra 3rds we now have an open shot at almost anything...

we could sit with all 4 picks and get 4 first day guys

we could trade our extra 3rd and our 2nd and move back into the late 1st (either or both years)

we can even make a real run at Turner in San Diego and STILL have a 2nd and a 3rd on draft day to grab D help

we can pretty much do whatever we want now.

Marv put us in position to control our own destiny.

Marv for President '08...

we can even make a real run at Turner in San Diego and STILL have a 2nd and a 3rd on draft day to grab D help

Why would you spend two draft picks on a running back that doesn't even start?

Assuming we wanted to address the running back position foremost.. which of two would you go for??

giving up our first and one of our 3rd's for Turner???

OR

just using the first rounder on marshaun lynch and pocketing that 3rd for defensive depth....

personally i kinda prefer the second of the two..

well i would say neither happens. we know marv and jouron want to run with a pair of backs, so i predict we get either rhodes, doubt it and wouldnt really like it, or brown, would like it more. then well use a second round pick on a RB, not the first. if they get a smaller back in FA like rhodes, then theyll probably get a big guy like Hunt from PSU in the second round. if the get brown, they may go for somone else or Hunt, im not sure about that. but i dont think theyll go for turner, though id love it, or lynch. theyre gonna avoid getting a feature back, and instead get a couple of guys. then again, they might just resign A-Train, and get Hunt. that would also work nicely.

Personally, i want us to hold onto all 4 first day picks. we need bodies right now. especially on D.

if we want to move up next year, either BACK into the 1st, OR up in the 1st(since we will be picking somewhere aroud 25-27 next year :rolleyes: ) then i can live with that.

if we want to draft Lynch in the first then go D the rest of the day, i can live with that.

point is, whatever we do can improve our team. we just need to decide what ways we're going to do it.

go marv

well i would say neither happens. we know marv and jouron want to run with a pair of backs, so i predict we get either rhodes, doubt it and wouldnt really like it, or brown, would like it more. then well use a second round pick on a RB, not the first. if they get a smaller back in FA like rhodes, then theyll probably get a big guy like Hunt from PSU in the second round. if the get brown, they may go for somone else or Hunt, im not sure about that. but i dont think theyll go for turner, though id love it, or lynch. theyre gonna avoid getting a feature back, and instead get a couple of guys. then again, they might just resign A-Train, and get Hunt. that would also work nicely.

Rhodes and Hunt would be my favorite pick. Rhodes and Irons too. Hunt and A-Train too. we're ok.

but thats what it would take to get him, according to league rules...

I posted this is the other similar thread, but...

Turner can be had for a lot less than a #1 and a #3, that is just his tender if someone signs him to an offer sheet, and the Bills surely are not going to do that. I'm not sure at all they are or would target him, and haven't made any suggestions towards it, but I would say it would probably cost us our #2. I think I read somewhere that the Chargers would entertain offers similar to the Thomas Jones trade. If that were true, we could swap our second rounder with SD's. I would do that in a heartbeat.

The Chargers are going to lose Turner and get nothing for him next year. They would probably benefit by trading him if they can get a #2 for him. To me, it's like Marty Biron. Turner is great to have, and a very valuable back-up, but if your starter goes down you're not going to win the big one anyway, so you might as well move him IF you can get something substantial for him. No one is going to sign him to an offer sheet.

i love the idea of swapping second round picks and picking up turner. If we could somehow pick him up and still have 4 first day picks in the draft, that would be great. It almost seems too easy of a decision, which means it is probably highly unlikely that we will go after him. But after the way this offseason has started for the bills(i.e. the serious approach to ugrade oline and trading mcgahee), i think anything is possible.

I posted this is the other similar thread, but...

Turner can be had for a lot less than a #1 and a #3, that is just his tender if someone signs him to an offer sheet, and the Bills surely are not going to do that. I'm not sure at all they are or would target him, and haven't made any suggestions towards it, but I would say it would probably cost us our #2. I think I read somewhere that the Chargers would entertain offers similar to the Thomas Jones trade. If that were true, we could swap our second rounder with SD's. I would do that in a heartbeat.

The Chargers are going to lose Turner and get nothing for him next year. They would probably benefit by trading him if they can get a #2 for him. To me, it's like Marty Biron. Turner is great to have, and a very valuable back-up, but if your starter goes down you're not going to win the big one anyway, so you might as well move him IF you can get something substantial for him. No one is going to sign him to an offer sheet.

I diagree with your logic.

If Turner won't win the big one in SD, why would the Bills make him the center piece of their offense? The Bills would be better off using the pick on a rookie with upside to become the man.

San Diego has a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl in 2007. Turner is worth much more to San Diego to fill int for LT than an unknown 2nd round pick for the 2007 Super Bowl push. That outweighs the chance of losing him in 2008 for nothing OR - when they could franchise him or get a comp pick.