Just when it looked like we would completely own the division

my point is if you feel you have the right people, you build your team irrespective of what any other team is doing. the original poster thought we had made some good moves ("own" the division), but subsequent moves by other teams trumped them. deal with what you have, build your franchise, etc etc etc. i'm much more concerned about tom brady killing us next year then i am about the addition of thomas to their roster, and he was already in place.

i thought my hot girl analogy was pretty clear, but obviously not. my bad.

The hot girl analogy seemed pretty clear to me. As you say, the Bills should be focusing on building their own team, not nervously looking over their shoulder at what everyone else in the division may be doing.

Porter is a 3-4 LBer.

He is very weak in run support. A pure pass rusher.

Unless Dom goes back to a 3-4 all the time than the Porter signing was a waste for them.

Plus Miami always looks good on paper every offseason. Than reality sets in. :devil:

Just Porter being in the line up with Thomas and Taylor will help them tremendously...great move for them bast@rds..our fat guys better earn their $$$ when we play them.

The hot girl analogy seemed pretty clear to me. As you say, the Bills should be focusing on building their own team, not nervously looking over their shoulder at what everyone else in the division may be doing.

i appreciate your feedback. i shall forever be known as timmosarm, or holcomb1805. not sure which, but you hit the nail on the head. there are great players on every team. you gotta beat brady, manning, lt, whomever to win the big one.

and, on second thought, my name change would be too hard.

Just Porter being in the line up with Thomas and Taylor will help them tremendously...great move for them bast@rds..our fat guys better earn their $$$ when we play them.

Yeah, the same team(and same guys now a year older) our so-called weak team swept, and shutout 21-0, last year - or did you forget about that? Porter is comparably weeeeeak against the run. But it's our, widely acknowledged as mauling, run-blockers that should be worried? I hand Willis the ball and laugh at them; and you. :lol:

Is Tom Donahoe the Dolphins' GM? That's what the Porter signing reminds me of. They added an LB who's definitely on the downside of his career.

Well they had to replace Junior Seau somehow. I agree Porter's on the downside of his career but so is most of the Dolphins defense which is still the strength of their team until Ronnie Brown lives up to his hype and/or Daunte Culpepper returns to pre 2005 form.

Yeah, the same team(and same guys now a year older) our so-called weak team swept, and shutout 21-0, last year - or did you forget about that? Porter is comparably weeeeeak against the run. But it's our, widely acknowledged as mauling, run-blockers that should be worried? I hand Willis the ball and laugh at them; and you. :lol:

Is our defense still good enough to shutout a team without it's starting middle LB, best player in the secondary and possibly nickel CB removed? All key positions that still have question marks as of today.

my point is if you feel you have the right people, you build your team irrespective of what any other team is doing. the original poster thought we had made some good moves ("own" the division), but subsequent moves by other teams trumped them. deal with what you have, build your franchise, etc etc etc. i'm much more concerned about tom brady killing us next year then i am about the addition of thomas to their roster, and he was already in place.

i thought my hot girl analogy was pretty clear, but obviously not. my bad.

Nah, we got it :lol:

Is our defense still good enough to shutout a team without it's starting middle LB, best player in the secondary and possibly nickel CB removed?

Probably not. The defense held Mularkey's crew to 100-and-change yards through three quarters, and Harrington finished with a 0.0 rating. A shutout and a game like that is a big thing and they don't come very often so I doubt they'll pull it off again next year even if we were to keep the same personnel on defense.

But...in the end, we still beat them by 3 touchdowns off the arm of our quarterback and last year's offense ,so how many more points will this revamped group be able to put on the board? A tougher question to answer, no doubt.

Truth is, the fish are the last of my concerns as far as getting to the playoffs next year. The team can carry the fish sweep into next season, but they need to get the NE crap off their backs. It was great watching the Jets beat them in their own stadium last year, and I think to myself, I can't wait until we do the same !@#$ing thing.

Truth is, the fish are the last of my concerns as far as getting to the playoffs next year. The team can carry the fish sweep into next season, but they need to get the NE crap off their backs. It was great watching the Jets beat them in their own stadium last year, and I think to myself, I can't wait until we do the same !@#$ing thing.

Nobody despises the fish more than me, but you're exactly right. The rights to this division go squarely through NE. Until that puzzle is solved, everyone else is just a pretender to the throne.

Probably not. The defense held Mularkey's crew to 100-and-change yards through three quarters, and Harrington finished with a 0.0 rating. A shutout and a game like that is a big thing and they don't come very often so I doubt they'll pull it off again next year even if we were to keep the same personnel on defense.

But...in the end, we still beat them by 3 touchdowns off the arm of our quarterback and last year's offense ,so how many more points will this revamped group be able to put on the board? A tougher question to answer, no doubt.

and don't dismiss the Jets either as despite that arm our QB displayed last year in tossing for over 300 games and having two WRs receive over 100 yards they still were able to beat us with an arguably better defense then we had last year. To me losing the players on defense hurts more then the acqusitions we got on the O-line because it's easier to be a competitive team with a better defense then a better offense. As feel it's much easier to win if have a better a defense then have to rely on winning in a shootout.