Just when it looked like we would completely own the division

Some teams got big signings that make the Bills signings make you question whether they will contend this year.

The Dolphins just got Joey Porter who is an outstanding LB.

The Jets actually got a decent RB with Jones.

The Patriots got Thomas, Welker, and Moss (possibly).

I really hope that we can still contend this year. It seems like after we make a big move to contend in the division, our rivals seem to make and even larger move.

I'm not going to give up just because of some hyped up players. I still say we will either win the division this year or at least come in 2nd and still making the playoffs.

Porter is a 3-4 LBer.

He is very weak in run support. A pure pass rusher.

Unless Dom goes back to a 3-4 all the time than the Porter signing was a waste for them.

Plus Miami always looks good on paper every offseason. Than reality sets in. :devil:

Damn, Miami got a LBer, the one thing that kept them from being contenders this year

The Jets brought in a disgurntled 1b running back, to add to their other 1b running backs, I don't think they improve too much with this one move

and NE Overpaid for a Mimai receiver, brought in a LBer who is being questioned by the teams local media (which usually sees no wrong in their moves) and may pick up a WR in a trade that only plays when he is personnally motivated, and has been known for drug use in the past.

I'm not shaking yet

Some teams got big signings that make the Bills signings make you question whether they will contend this year.

I really hope that we can still contend this year. It seems like after we make a big move to contend in the division, our rivals seem to make and even larger move.

agreed but u have to think why were these players (even the ones the bills got) released or not re-signed, maybe there not worth the money anymore we will see come training camp.

Wow. That was a quick swipe of TIPSTER19's post... :devil:

Replying to Just when it looked like we would completely own the division

When did it look like "we would completely own the division" ???

Not sure that I agree with the premise of the post's title. And it seems immature to assume that others won't make moves in the division after we make a move.

Intent of this threat???

you have to build your own team before you can expect to contend for the division crown. i think the recent success of the patriot's had more to do with what they were able to accomplish as a team, than specific individual efforts standing alone. it's like dating a really hot girl, and then running into a buddy who's got one slightly hotter. you can sit and wonder about all the great stuff he's going to be doing later that night, or invest some serious time into making sure your own night is good.

besides, the pats still looked dangerous before FA. they have a kazillion picks, they'll be good again. hopefully, we'll be gooder.

Good thing winning football games is not done in March by the free agent chess match, then.

This is a cart before the horse thread.

Hell we should pack the season in now then huh. Why even play? Porter does not have the supporting cast he did in Pitt, Moss is a cancer who admittedly smokes pot and says he takes plays off. Thomas could end up being a product of a very good Balt. system, but that remains to be seen. He was great last year but when you have those 2 big NT's, Suggs, Ed Reed and captain overrated himself Ray Lewis its hard to be the focal point. As for Jones this may be the best signing yet in the east (next to Dockery) hes a solid back but there is only one problem there OL sucks worse and there passing game is worse than Chicagos. Dont expect great things out of all these teams. I am being biased when I say this but I believe we will be the front runner this year. By the way i cant wait to boooooo Porter.

you have to build your own team before you can expect to contend for the division crown. i think the recent success of the patriot's had more to do with what they were able to accomplish as a team, than specific individual efforts standing alone. it's like dating a really hot girl, and then running into a buddy who's got one slightly hotter. you can sit and wonder about all the great stuff he's going to be doing later that night, or invest some serious time into making sure your own night is good.

besides, the pats still looked dangerous before FA. they have a kazillion picks, they'll be good again. hopefully, we'll be gooder.

What the hell does that mean? :devil:

Good thing winning football games is not done in March by the free agent chess match, then.

This is a cart before the horse thread.

I'd watch the sarcasm. Some people are vewy, vewy sensitive.

The reality is, Miami could bring in the entire Steeler defense and it just won't matter until they solve the QB problem. It would appear the plan is to bring along a healing Culpepper, and I'm not sure even a healthy Culpepper is the answer for them until they shore up their line.

Within the division, Miami is the least of my concerns. Our coaching staff found a way to sweep them last year, and I'm confident they'll find a way to sweep them again this year, with or without Porter. From a divisional standpoint, our priority must be to finally split games with NE and beat the Jets and Miami early, at the very least. And it's just insanely impossible to speculate about any of that happening at this juncture in the offseason.

When did it look like "we would completely own the division" ???

Not sure that I agree with the premise of the post's title.

Exactly. The Patriots have formed the habit of beating the Bills twice each year. Until the Bills prove, on the field, that they can at least split games with the Patriots, we have no right to go around talking about owning this division.

The Patriots have the better QB, the better OL, the better RB, the better coaching staff, and the better defense. The Bills have the better #1 WR, and the better special teams. While the Bills are catching up to the Patriots, they're still the front-runner.

Exactly. The Patriots have formed the habit of beating the Bills twice each year. Until the Bills prove, on the field, that they can at least split games with the Patriots, we have no right to go around talking about owning this division.

The Patriots have the better QB, the better OL, the better RB, the better coaching staff, and the better defense. The Bills have the better #1 WR, and the better special teams. While the Bills are catching up to the Patriots, they're still the front-runner.

Tom Donahoe is that you?

I'd watch the sarcasm. Some people are vewy, vewy sensitive.

Who's being sarcastic? I'm just still concerned about whether the Bills have the worst Defense in the NFL now, on March 6th.....

The reality is, Miami could bring in the entire Steeler defense and it just won't matter until they solve the QB problem. It would appear the plan is to bring along a healing Culpepper, and I'm not sure even a healthy Culpepper is the answer for them until they shore up their line.

Truth. At least they got rid of Harrington. I personally think Culpepper is highly overrated. But will the phish draft Quinn if he's still on the board? I think Cam Cameron might pull that trigger.

Within the division, Miami is the least of my concerns. Our coaching staff found a way to sweep them last year, and I'm confident they'll find a way to sweep them again this year, with or without Porter. From a divisional standpoint, our priority must be to finally split games with NE and beat the Jets and Miami early, at the very least. And it's just insanely impossible to speculate about any of that happening at this juncture in the offseason.

Exactly. Especially that last sentence.

But will the phish draft Quinn if he's still on the board? I think Cam Cameron might pull that trigger.
I don't know if Quinn will last that long, but I'm not a draftnik, so that's strictly based on what I've read lately. On the other hand, Pat Kirwin from NFL.com has the Fish taking Okoye at #9. If that happens, I can't wait to be here front-and-center with a big ol' bucket of popcorn. :devil:

I don't know if Quinn will last that long, but I'm not a draftnik, so that's strictly based on what I've read lately. On the other hand, Pat Kirwin from NFL.com has the Fish taking Okoye at #9. If that happens, I can't wait to be here front-and-center with a big ol' bucket of popcorn. :devil:

You and me both, brother. That'll be one whizbanger of a show. Draftnik implosion.

I don't know if Quinn will last that long, but I'm not a draftnik, so that's strictly based on what I've read lately. On the other hand, Pat Kirwin from NFL.com has the Fish taking Okoye at #9. If that happens, I can't wait to be here front-and-center with a big ol' bucket of popcorn. :nana:

if Okoye goes at nine, this board will crash harder than Bandicoot :devil:

What the hell does that mean? :devil:

my point is if you feel you have the right people, you build your team irrespective of what any other team is doing. the original poster thought we had made some good moves ("own" the division), but subsequent moves by other teams trumped them. deal with what you have, build your franchise, etc etc etc. i'm much more concerned about tom brady killing us next year then i am about the addition of thomas to their roster, and he was already in place.

i thought my hot girl analogy was pretty clear, but obviously not. my bad.