Libby found guilty...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you were looking in the mirror when typing this last post, I see.

Ya dave, a blow job and outing a CIA agent are both "crimes" of the same magnitude. And you can take it a step further, why was she outed? To punish someone for exposing the lies that took us to war. This is a very serious case, not a witch hunt.

Here are the four counts he was convicted of:

* obstruction of justice when he intentionally deceived a grand jury investigating the outing of CIA operative Valerie Plame;

* making a false statement by intentionally lying to FBI agents about a conversation with NBC newsman Tim Russert;

* perjury when he lied in court about his conversation with Russert;

* a second count of perjury when he lied in court about conversations with other reporters.

Actually compared to others in this administration, he's not that bad. He only lied 4 times. :lol:

Nope, but are you suggesting that him lying about what he knew in this case is simply of no matter? He was protecting someone, maybe himself, maybe Dick. We don't know

Which is a completely different matter than

Ya, outing a CIA agentr should not be considered a crime

Ya dave, a blow job and outing a CIA agent are both "crimes" of the same magnitude. And you can take it a step further, why was she outed? To punish someone for exposing the lies that took us to war. This is a very serious case, not a witch hunt.

Of course, Clinton wasn't convicted of a blow job, just as Libby wasn't convicted of outing a CIA agent, just as Martha Stewart wasn't convicted of insider trading. They were all convicted of LYING ABOUT NOT DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL.

I thought it was Karl Rove that outed Plame, anyway. Wasn't it?

Of course, Clinton wasn't convicted of a blow job, just as Libby wasn't convicted of outing a CIA agent, just as Martha Stewart wasn't convicted of insider trading. They were all convicted of LYING ABOUT NOT DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL.

I thought it was Karl Rove that outed Plame, anyway. Wasn't it?

Yes, but the point was, what were each covering up? Lying about a blow job is not as bad as lying to protect someone that outed a CIA agent. Who is hiding the bigger crime? That is important. Clinton's blow job was totally a witch hunt. It was the height of folly to have a make believe friend tape record Monica Lewinski and use that to get a president. As to Rove or Cheney, I believe all this came out of the VPs office, not from Rove. Cheney was a key figure in the trail even though he did not appear. He thought about testifying for the defense but feared cross examination and backed out.

I'm sorry, I forget which one was convicted of getting a hummer and which was convicted of outing a CIA agent?

Oh, that's right, neither one.

From my reading of the law about outing field agents and understanding of the circumstances of Plame's assignments back in '03 and a few years prior, it doesn't appear that giving her name to a reporter was illegal. (Whether it was or wasn't is a debate that was waged in depth here several months back, and not one I am looking to reopen.)

The investigation became a witch hunt when Fitzgerald continued the investigation after learning that Dick Armitage was Novak's source.