Cold Pizza just had story on Chargers Turner

seriously. I have not seen enough of this kid to warrant the use of a first and third pick. i'd rather take a gamble on a kid like lynch with one first pick and see what he can do. Save the third.

I am guessing that is their way of saying they are not willing to let him go. Apaarently, and not suprisingly, there are a lot of teams inquiring about his availability.

1. AJ Smith has too much ego and thinks he can come on the Upper side in every trade he makes.

2. The chargers are doing a wait and watch before trading Turner to some one.

3. The chargers are stupid to hold on to this guy as they will get nothing in return next year unless they franchise tag, which I can't see them doing while they have LT.

Any of the above 3 is reasonable....

Or they are concerned that LT is rapidly approaching the wall given the obscene number of touches he has had over the past 3 seasons. I posted about this before the year re: Shaun Alexander and LT. I was right with Alexander and wrong with LT. When backs have more than 400 touches over a period of a couple years they tend to flame out in a pretty spectacular way - or at least have SIGNIFICANT declines in production. My examples would be Eddie George, Shaun Alexander, Thurman Thomas (look at his YPC drop way way off), and Rodney Hampton. There are obviously exceptions but San Diego may be wise to hang onto Turner and see what this year portends for Mr. Tomlinson. Plus they have to be thinking Super Bowl as well, why would they deal an nice insurance policy for anything less than a stable of draft picks at this point?

If Turner is worth a 1st and a 3rd, how is Willis not worth at least that? I mean, he has never shouldered a full work load, and I think that a lot of SD's success running the ball can be attributed to their offensive line and their coaching.

From what I have seen of him, I think he may be successful with another team and he has the chance to be a good RB, but worthy of 2 first day draft picks, I'm not sure about that.

Right, I think they're still in the "dazzle me" phase. Jones helped set the RB market a bit as will any McGahee deal. Them saying they'll ONLY accept a 1 and 3 actually helps us right now becuase I'm pretty sure we'll take a 2 for McGahee which makes him cheaper in comparison and is a much more proven commodity.

I see the Giants, Bears, and Packers (especially if they are trying to have one more year for Favre) as legit options. Of course other people like the Raiders could sneak in there. I feel we could mezmorize Al Davis into taking McGahee - he'd fall in love with the background story and pedigree. Not sure I'd want Lamont Jordan in return, but the Raiders definetly have high draft picks.

If Turner is worth a 1st and a 3rd, how is Willis not worth at least that? I mean, he has never shouldered a full work load, and I think that a lot of SD's success running the ball can be attributed to their offensive line and their coaching.

From what I have seen of him, I think he may be successful with another team and he has the chance to be a good RB, but worthy of 2 first day draft picks, I'm not sure about that.

He is only worth a 1st and 3rd because he was tendered an offer that calls for that compensation. I can not see any team giving up that much for him.