What would it take to get Michael Turner here

A first and third is a high price to pay for a guy who has flashes of talent but hasn't really proven anything. Especially when we have a quality HB already on the payroll, regardless if you like the "person" or not. In addition, we'd be sacrificing all this for the side of the ball that didn't finish in the bottom 5 in rushing yards/per game allowed and just lost a shutdown corner and defensive leader.

In my mind, signing an RFA for that kind of compensation should be reserved for when you are getting as close as reasonably possible to a sure thing. A full-time starter who has proven performance and durability.

That said, if we can work an equitable trade for Turner then I'm game.

The first thing it would take is consensus with Marv and the coaching staff as to whether this dude is a viable candidate as starter or a backup/change of pace RB. If they believe the former, they wait til after at least their 2nd round choice on draft day and then talk trade. If they believe the later, then why bother wasting a phone call?

The first thing it would take is consensus with Marv and the coaching staff as to whether this dude is a viable candidate as starter or a backup/change of pace RB. If they believe the former, they wait til after at least their 2nd round choice on draft day and then talk trade. If they believe the later, then why bother wasting a phone call?

If Michael Turner were an unrestricted free agent about 15-20 team would be banging down the door to get him as a starter. This guy more like a Shaun Alexander, Ahman Green, Larry Johnson type that had to sit behind an All Pro until he got a chance to play on a regular basis. No way does this guy go to a team to be a backup.

If Michael Turner were an unrestricted free agent about 15-20 team would be banging down the door to get him as a starter. This guy more like a Shaun Alexander, Ahman Green, Larry Johnson type that had to sit behind an All Pro until he got a chance to play on a regular basis. No way does this guy go to a team to be a backup.

I don't know how anyone can say that. He's never had to carry the load for more than a game or two. How do you know he isn't Kenneth Davis re-incarnated? Kenny was good as a backup to Thermal, but as an everydown back he had his limitations.

You've got to be real careful when you go after a RB that has promise but his own team is willing to give him up. The chances you could lay a huge egg are much greater than striking gold...

Lamont Jordan... Kevin Barlow... Derrick Blaylock... Darrick Holmes... TJ Duckett... Ron Dayne...Samkon Gado are backs that had a few very good games and got traded to other teams... only to disappoint.

On the other hand, Ahman Green is one success story.

At this stage of the Bills rebuilding... you need to have a stone cold premonition on a guy like Turner before you throw draft picks/players/big money for him.... because if you're wrong... it could easily set the franchise back a couple of years... and I don't think a fan, such as yourself, would accept that too well.

?

He's a part-timer playing on a team with a powerful offense with a decent OL. In the times I've seen him on the field, he didn't impress me as more than a guy who had an open lane already paved for him. He does have speed. Shaun Bryson comes to mind.

Too much. He is not enough better than Willis (if he is better than Willis) to worry about it. He is unrestricted next year, and will be an option to replace Willis after he walks if we want to do that. But I really wish the Henry/Lynch/Turner stuff would die down. Marv might have his mind made up and pull the trigger on Willis, but if so I think we are a worse team in 2007 and better in 2008, so I hope he does not.

I don't know how anyone can say that. He's never had to carry the load for more than a game or two. How do you know he isn't Kenneth Davis re-incarnated? Kenny was good as a backup to Thermal, but as an everydown back he had his limitations.

You've got to be real careful when you go after a RB that has promise but his own team is willing to give him up. The chances you could lay a huge egg are much greater than striking gold...

Lamont Jordan... Kevin Barlow... Derrick Blaylock... Darrick Holmes... TJ Duckett... Ron Dayne...Samkon Gado are backs that had a few very good games and got traded to other teams... only to disappoint.

On the other hand, Ahman Green is one success story.

At this stage of the Bills rebuilding... you need to have a stone cold premonition on a guy like Turner before you throw draft picks/players/big money for him.... because if you're wrong... it could easily set the franchise back a couple of years... and I don't think a fan, such as yourself, would accept that too well.

It seems like everyones' down on LaMont Jordan. I like the guy. Hard runner and catches well out of the backfield. Oakland is a HORRIBLE situation, yet he still managed in his first year to produce nicely. Last year was just such an abyssmal season that thay couldn't get anything going. I'd take Jordan over Willis anyday. Oakland had expressed interest in Travis, why I'm not sure. I'd be quite happy with Jordan. Maybe its the Raiders we should be talking to.

Too much. He is not enough better than Willis (if he is better than Willis) to worry about it. He is unrestricted next year, and will be an option to replace Willis after he walks if we want to do that. But I really wish the Henry/Lynch/Turner stuff would die down. Marv might have his mind made up and pull the trigger on Willis, but if so I think we are a worse team in 2007 and better in 2008, so I hope he does not.

With the recent break-the-bank OL acquisitions, posters have stated that rush success is assured and so it cannot matter who runs.

Why buy somebody else? :rolleyes:

It seems like everyones' down on LaMont Jordan. I like the guy. Hard runner and catches well out of the backfield. Oakland is a HORRIBLE situation, yet he still managed in his first year to produce nicely. Last year was just such an abyssmal season that thay couldn't get anything going. I'd take Jordan over Willis anyday. Oakland had expressed interest in Travis, why I'm not sure. I'd be quite happy with Jordan. Maybe its the Raiders we should be talking to.

Jordan got paid and played the entire 2005 season overweight, he put up good but not great numbers in Norv Turners system then got hurt this past year playing in one of the worst offenses ever put on the field

I still like the guy when he is in shape

?

He's a part-timer playing on a team with a powerful offense with a decent OL. In the times I've seen him on the field, he didn't impress me as more than a guy who had an open lane already paved for him. He does have speed. Shaun Bryson comes to mind.

With all due respect, Shaun Bryson never looked anywhere near as good as Turner has looked. I'm still of the mind that it would take a lot for him to get to the next level. He certainly benefits greatly from LT's presence and the wear-and-tear he puts on defenses. But I'd take him over Bryson every day of the week.