Patrick Willis

Reminds me of a young Takeo Spikes, in looks and is an absolute ANIMAL.

He can jump, he can HIT, and he can run.

Prediction: We pick him up, he converts to #59 to piss off London.

Also, he's a GREAT all around person, Polamaluish if you will. Refers to all elders as sir, soft spoken, and kindhearted, but on the field is a Harbinger of Death.

Also, he's a GREAT all around person, Polamaluish if you will. Refers to all elders as sir, soft spoken, and kindhearted, but on the field is a Harbinger of Death.

Hope Pactrick is still there when we pick, could go either way.

All that and he got knocked on his ASS by Jason Beekman in the Senior Bowl.

All that and he got knocked on his ASS by Jason Beekman in the Senior Bowl.

do people really care about Senior Bowl performances?

i would think that the way players look in Senior Bowl practice is almost more important for scouting than the performance in an all-star game where "teams" have all about a week together beforehand.

I agree with this pick at #12. It a REAL need. We still have last year's #1 (McCargo) at DT along with Tippett (our top FA last year) and a 2nd year man in Kyle Williams so we have DT covered at least. We filled out the OL on Friday. The two big holes left are MLB and CB. It seems the shopping of Spikes means they want Ellison and Crowell to be the OLB of the future. Youbouty was a 3rd (with many experts saying he might slip into the 1st round) last year and while he didn't play much, the coaches saw him for 4 months of practice & in the locker room. If they think he's an eventual #1 corner, then we have him and McGee (with a big contract) looking to man the corners. Plus, the top CBs in this draft have some question marks. What's left (other than depth - admittedly very important)? MLB. Patrick Willis is the consensus top LINEBACKER (not just top Inside Linebacker but top linebacker) in this draft. It's got to be pretty good to get the best linebacker in the draft. How often has the consensus #1 linebacker not panned out to be at least a solid pro? I don't know but it seems top LBs are a pretty safe pick at the worst. It may be boring to have our pick already done, but it seems to be the best pick. Let's just hope Patrick Willis is around at #12.

Crowell played MLB in college and it's still up in the air whether he'll make the move inside or not. The OLB class seems to be a little bit deeper in terms of players that we're looking for and need for the cover 2, so why not just wait on drafting a linebacker in the first(And Willis will ABSOLUTELY be there at 12) and pick up the DL/CB or trade down for more picks? It makes alot more sense. I like Willis and wouldn't mind drafting him with our 1st rounder, but no way at 12. I don't care how much we like him.