Any "Cash to Cap" Remaining

grog

With the Bills "Cash to Cap" policy as stated during Marv's PC, how much room under the cap remains to sign FAs? I'd say the Bills would be about done in the FA market this year.

Buffalo has spent big bucks on Kelsay, Dockery and Walker. Add in Whittle and with the retention of a few of our own guys the estimated 15 to 20 mil of cap space must have vanished by now :P

Having said that, I do like what they have done, not sure if it will work out, but at least Marv and Co. seem to have a plan.

With the Bills "Cash to Cap" policy as stated during Marv's PC, how much room under the cap remains to sign FAs? I'd say the Bills would be about done in the FA market this year.

Buffalo has spent big bucks on Kelsay, Dockery and Walker. Add in Whittle and with the retention of a few of our own guys the estimated 15 to 20 mil of cap space must have vanished by now :P

Having said that, I do like what they have done, not sure if it will work out, but at least Marv and Co. seem to have a plan.

For what it's worth in an AP story reports "Really a terrific day for us," coach Dick Jauron said. "It was just an outstanding day. We've got a happy building. Our free agency is, maybe not totally complete, but with the addition of these three today, it's been a terrific time."

If is complete I just have to shake my head in anger as feel we overpaid for Walker. I can stomach the Dockery signing but wouldn't say he was on the top of my list and see it was for more then Hutchinson got last year and slightly less than Steinbach got from the Browns one has to hope he compares to them which I don't feel he does.

My guess is we sign 1 more free agent and i think it will be a wide reciever or running back. I look for them to draft defense in the the first 3 rounds of the draft with maybe Willis at our first round pick

Didn't the Bills have 26 million in cap space? Seems like there is still a sizable amount of cash left. At least fora couple middle range FAs. Maybe a backup RB who could start or a linebacker.

31 million

My guess is we sign 1 more free agent and i think it will be a wide reciever or running back. I look for them to draft defense in the the first 3 rounds of the draft with maybe Willis at our first round pick

Exactly. But, I think we might sign a CB (K Thomas or other) and maybe a backup RB (A Thomas or other).

Then it is all D (LB, CB, DT) and RB in the draft in first 4 rounds of the draft. I do believe when we get to 6th or 7th a QB is probable (and smart) and then the best athlete available at WR, TE, or S.

If we trade Spikes or Willis we get an extra pick or two. My bet is Spikes cant be traded b/c or injury and high salary and so they cut him. Not that I love that move just think marv and dick do it based on comments so far.

Anyway, maybe we get a 1st, 2nd , 3rd and 2 4ths in we trade Willis then getting LB, CB, DT and RB in first 4 rounds is no problem. best value for the 5th 1-4 rnd pick.

Much much younger team on D but a nice veteran team on O with the OL pick ups!!!!

Go Bills!

P.S. Anybody else think that Royal and Cislack (especially Ceislack) will surprise with receiving numbers/impactthis year? I like how Losman ( found Ceislack last yr... nice chemistry.

Exactly. But, I think we might sign a CB (K Thomas or other) and maybe a backup RB (A Thomas or other).

Then it is all D (LB, CB, DT) and RB in the draft in first 4 rounds of the draft. I do believe when we get to 6th or 7th a QB is probable (and smart) and then the best athlete available at WR, TE, or S.

If we trade Spikes or Willis we get an extra pick or two. My bet is Spikes cant be traded b/c or injury and high salary and so they cut him. Not that I love that move just think marv and dick do it based on comments so far.

Anyway, maybe we get a 1st, 2nd , 3rd and 2 4ths in we trade Willis then getting LB, CB, DT and RB in first 4 rounds is no problem. best value for the 5th 1-4 rnd pick.

Much much younger team on D but a nice veteran team on O with the OL pick ups!!!!

Go Bills!

P.S. Anybody else think that Royal and Cislack (especially Ceislack) will surprise with receiving numbers/impactthis year? I like how Losman ( found Ceislack last yr... nice chemistry.

I was really high on Cislack last year and wanted to see him get more touches, I'm thinking he and Royal are going to have really good years as they should be able to go out in pass patterns vs being blockers.

Without any sort of calculations, my guess is we have a bit less than half of our $31 MM remaining. Which is still quite a bit of coin. I think we will not blow it all and save some to extend JP and LE.

EDIT:

I was a bit off on my 'little less than half' estimate. I assumed all contracts to be total value divided by length of contract.

31 MM - 6 Kelsay - 2.6 Hargrove, Tim Anderson, Greer - 7 Dockery - 5 Walker - 1 Whittle = 9.4

Tight but can squeeze in a couple more mid-tier FAs. Ofcourse if Spikes is traded, we save $2.8 MM in cap space.