Our left side is now one of the best in football

We now have one of the best run blocking guards in football, and one of the best pass blocking tackles in football. They compliment each other perfectly, and both are young, improving, and under contract. Holy crap I'm excited to watch these two play next year.

just like you said lol

How is it obvious?

I've never heard them complain about him, and Losman called him the leader of the o-line last year and he liked him at LG

Considering his job from last season is gone & they signed 3 OL guys yesterday, have 3 guys they drafted last year competing for tackle & guard spots and have another 3 veterans who started last season, how much more obvious can it be that they're not going to make any attempt to sign him to compete for a probable backup spot when he can go elsewhere & get mid to lower grade starting guard $?

Drew Bledsoe has a better chance of being re-signed by the Bills than Gandy does. :thumbsup:

Odds of Walker being that guard?

For the money that they paid him, i am confident that they will install him in RT. Yes, I realize we paid Dockery more to play Left Guard but that is just more reason we wouldn't dump another big contract into RG, especially when Tackle is the more important position, in general, and Pennington has obviously not put a clamp down on RT like Peters has at LT. I expect they want RG to be a dog fight and may the best man win between Merz and Preston, with Whittle acting as a stop gap starter if these two do not show enough to win the job.

This is not to say that it is outside the realm of possibility that Pennington could continue to improve and assume the RT spot outright and walker could play RG but I just don't see that as likely considering the huge contract they dropped on him. The fact that walker has played both, though, is certainly a plus and does give us some flexibility if necessary, which is nice.

Of course, they may draft a Guard who will step in, but, looking at the Oline roster at the moment, there really isn't that much more room for more players, considering that Merz, Pennington, and Butler are Marv picks last year and are going to be given their chance to earn their roster spots, Whittle is obviously the versatile Veteran Backup, and Preston is young enough and has enough experience to at least give him a shot to take a step forward. That's five backups right there, which is already pushing the roster spots for OL.

Based on Walker's sack totals, it seems like he has a problem with speed rushers. He is a better fight at guard then, IMO.

This is the million dollar question, imo. I have the feeling the Bills think he is a RT, considering the money they paid for him, etc. as I said in my last post. I do see your point, though, so it will be interesting to see what happens by September. The comments i have heard from one bills drive have all emphasized that he moves well for a huge man, which leads me to believe that they think he can play RT. And at 6'8", he is tall for a guard, although, granted, dockery is 6'6". We'll see....

I heard the same things when Bennie Anderson was signed. The exact same things! How did that go?

I would rather they signed Steinbach. When the Bills acquire a Pro Bowl player or two I'll get excited.

The guy they got from Minnesota is no better than Villarial. Clements and Fletcher are gone with nothing to show for it - why weren't they traded last year?

I watched Oakland play (unfortunately I live in the NFL coverage TV area) every week and you are absolutely crazy if you think Langston Walker is a big upgrade at RT. The Oakland OL was a complete disaster and their QB's got KILLED every week. One of the worst offenses in NFL history!

Apparently, most of the posters have no idea about him.

The enthusiasm is understandable, but naive and premature to put it politely.

I think he's going to play RG.