Anybody listen to overnight radio

bbb

The last few years has seen a change in my working patterns, so I listen to a lot of overnight radio.........ESPN was so good a couple of years ago with Todd Wright. He was way different than the rest of the ESPN radio guys. His "assemblage" were all cool, and it was just offbeat, funny and hard to describe. When I found out that he had been doing it for ten years, I figured for once something I like is rock solid and won't be going away.

About 6 months later, they canned him. How do you do that after a decade?!? From what I read, he had had two DUIs in recent years and it seemed that had something to do with it.

Anyway, they replace him with this Jason Smith, who I was hoping I would grow to like. Instead I hate him more every time I hear him. We went from the offbeat Todd Wright to this total cookie cutter, who could be any other guy on Gamenight or any other ESPN show, except that he's worse. He is not funny at all, has no good insights, his features absolutely are stupid - four scores and several years ago - give me a break. Todd's buy or sell was always interesting.

This guy is such a dope that last year, he was this big Carolina Hurricanes fan during their Cup run. Why would a guy in CA, who is from the Northeast be a Canes fan? Well, it turns out because he was a Whalers fan..............Believe me, if the Bills or Sabres ever move to some Southern city, they will be my most despised team. Ugh - the guy is such a loser.

End of rant.........Anybody have any thoughts?

The last few years has seen a change in my working patterns, so I listen to a lot of overnight radio.........ESPN was so good a couple of years ago with Todd Wright. He was way different than the rest of the ESPN radio guys. His "assemblage" were all cool, and it was just offbeat, funny and hard to describe. When I found out that he had been doing it for ten years, I figured for once something I like is rock solid and won't be going away.

About 6 months later, they canned him. How do you do that after a decade?!? From what I read, he had had two DUIs in recent years and it seemed that had something to do with it.

Anyway, they replace him with this Jason Smith, who I was hoping I would grow to like. Instead I hate him more every time I hear him. We went from the offbeat Todd Wright to this total cookie cutter, who could be any other guy on Gamenight or any other ESPN show, except that he's worse. He is not funny at all, has no good insights, his features absolutely are stupid - four scores and several years ago - give me a break. Todd's buy or sell was always interesting.

This guy is such a dope that last year, he was this big Carolina Hurricanes fan during their Cup run. Why would a guy in CA, who is from the Northeast be a Canes fan? Well, it turns out because he was a Whalers fan..............Believe me, if the Bills or Sabres ever move to some Southern city, they will be my most despised team. Ugh - the guy is such a loser.

End of rant.........Anybody have any thoughts?

Well, I really hated Todd Wright...his show was tiresome...stupid game show contests that went on forever and were really only interesting to the contestants...his obesession with Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake was pretty creepy, the way too long sports update segments which used the same "obscure references" each and every time, but, like you, I used to listen...the only thing I liked about his show, was that he used to talk hockey pretty regularly. Nowadays, the only hockey talk on sports radio seems to be, "people don't like hockey, rodeo outdraws hockey on Sunday afternoons...blah, blah, blah"

then, FOX SPORTS RADIO entered our market, and their overnight show is superior to anything on ESPN. George Sedano is the overnight guy during the week, and is very good. On the weekends they normally have Ben Maller, who is pretty damn funny, and is football heavy throuhgout the year.

End of my rant!

ps- if you can't get enough of Tod Wright, he is on the FOX SPORTS NET Florida sports update shows from time to time, talking Florida sports.

Well, I really hated Todd Wright...his show was tiresome...stupid game show contests that went on forever and were really only interesting to the contestants...his obesession with Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake was pretty creepy, the way too long sports update segments which used the same "obscure references" each and every time, but, like you, I used to listen...the only thing I liked about his show, was that he used to talk hockey pretty regularly. Nowadays, the only hockey talk on sports radio seems to be, "people don't like hockey, rodeo outdraws hockey on Sunday afternoons...blah, blah, blah"

then, FOX SPORTS RADIO entered our market, and their overnight show is superior to anything on ESPN. George Sedano is the overnight guy during the week, and is very good. On the weekends they normally have Ben Maller, who is pretty damn funny, and is football heavy throuhgout the year.

End of my rant!

ps- if you can't get enough of Tod Wright, he is on the FOX SPORTS NET Florida sports update shows from time to time, talking Florida sports.

Here, we just lost our overnight Fox Sports affiliate in favor of ESPN. And I couldn't be happier.

Sedano and company really got on my nerves for some reason. I like Jason Smith better.

Here, we just lost our overnight Fox Sports affiliate in favor of ESPN. And I couldn't be happier.

Sedano and company really got on my nerves for some reason. I like Jason Smith better.

They can do that, but I like that they don't have too many schticks, like the aforementioned Todd Wright...my only real problem with Sedano is that he talks too loud sometimes...

Jason Smith is alright if he is talking about something I care about...but, ESPN radio, likely because they don't take too many phone calls (which can be both good and bad) kind of forces things like golf and NASCAR down your throat. The only show on ESPN radio that I like listening to is MIKE & MIKE...Dan Patrick can be amusing in small doses, but his show is too much about him, and ESPN...I just don't think it makes very interesting radio...