Jim Miller thinks if we trade Willis....

Tom

The Red Zone w/ Vic Carucci and Jim Miller Sunday 02/25/07

#28 Adrian Peterson | RB

Full Name: Adrian Peterson

Born: March 21, 1985

Hometown: Palestine, TX

Height: 6-2

Weight: 218 lbs.

Pos: RB

Class: Junior

ATT 168 | YDS 935 | TD 10

trading willis sure would change our priorities in the draft and the trade up isn't all that far fetched. Certainly worth considering. What about a trade up for a spot six through nine that includes the trade? I could Willis to Cleveland for a trade down and a third round draft choice. That being the case I think we get Peterson and have a chance to get us an offensive lineman in the second and a fair corner and linebacker in the second or third.

here's the problem I have with that....

- you have just officially blown a 1st round choice from 3 years ago

- you have given up the opp to upgrade another need position

now, I don;t think Willis fits with the new approach. But there has to be another way to get the RB we need (Travis Henry for 1-2 years?) while taking advantage of the talent of this draft.....like Amobi Okoye....

trading willis sure would change our priorities in the draft and the trade up isn't all that far fetched. Certainly worth considering. What about a trade up for a spot six through nine that includes the trade? I could Willis to Cleveland for a trade down and a third round draft choice. That being the case I think we get Peterson and have a chance to get us an offensive lineman in the second and a fair corner and linebacker in the second or third.

Unfortunately, I think a move from 12 to 3 would require A LOT more than just Willis and a 3rd rounder. In fact, I doubt any such move would come with less than an additional first round pick -- which we can't afford to give away. I could, however, see Marv waiting to see if Peterson drops out of the top 5-6 and then trying to move up.

Unfortunately, I think a move from 12 to 3 would require A LOT more than just Willis and a 3rd rounder. In fact, I doubt any such move would come with less than an additional first round pick -- which we can't afford to give away. I could, however, see Marv waiting to see if Peterson drops out of the top 5-6 and then trying to move up.

cost to move up is prohibitive.

go back to when the Bills drafted Thurman with Marv in the draft room.

They had him at the top of their board and were in pretty much the same situation with Ronnie harmon.

Yet, they still did not move up, eve though the cost was a fraction of what it would be to move into the top 5.

Bills will not move up for a RB who has a shelf life of under 4 years.

Bills will not move up for a RB who has a shelf life of under 4 years.

Agreed.

Patriots found mahoney at pick 20 something.

If the bills were to move down in the draft, get extra pick and a macgahee pick, that could be a productive approach. It seems like alot of the draft picks from 15 -90 are very bunched up and it's gonna be hit amd miss. So more picks you have, better chance of a hit.

The Red Zone w/ Vic Carucci and Jim Miller Sunday 02/25/07

#28 Adrian Peterson | RB

Full Name: Adrian Peterson

Born: March 21, 1985

Hometown: Palestine, TX

Height: 6-2

Weight: 218 lbs.

Pos: RB

Class: Junior

ATT 168 | YDS 935 | TD 10

Don't see this happening at all.

We really cant afford to trade up with all the holes we have.

If you look at a draft value chart it would take a number 1, 2 and 3. NO WAY!!!

Peterson is an injury-risk just like McGahee. I still say get a DT (Okoye) with the 12th pick and get a RB either in the 2nd rond or 3rd round if Willis is traded (most likely he will be).

Can't say that I disagree with your concerns or view on the selection of a DT but Thurman Thomas was passed on for a bad injury and did outstanding and Peterson is the first guy in 20+ years who even remotely reminds me of Eric Dickerson. It would be sweet to make a third and short, at least occasionally.... not complaining mind you.