Timing of McGahee stuff is not good

jahnyc

I can understand why the Bills would entertain a trade for WM. He has underperformed (reaons not entirely clear) and he wants a new contract with significant money. The problem is that he is coming off of a mediocre season, he will be a free agent after the season, and now our interest in possibly trading WM is public. In other words, our bargaining position is not particularly strong and I doubt that the Bills will get good value for WM.

The bigger problem: another big hole to fill with limited options and significant financial constraints. Moreover, free agency does not seem to be a viable option and it is a weak year for RBs in the draft.

I like Marv, but I am beginning to feel like the Bills are chasing their tail. I have doubts that a rookie RB will be an improvement over WM. Same with CB (if it is a rookie or Youboty) and middle linebacker (if it is a rookie or Crowell). I know that free agency is always a possibility, but with our self-imposed financial constraints and the lack of quality players available at CB or inside LB, I don't see Bills successfully filling their holes with players that will equal or exceed the play of the players that they will be losing. I am also concerned that Jauron seems genuinely concerned about losing Clements.

The Bills cannot always be in the position of building for the future. Some poor planning and decisions (not extending Clements a couple of years ago (instead extending McGee), drafting McGahee, letting Pat Williams leave) have resulted in the Bills current state of mediocrity. If the Bills really want to stop this cycle, they need to step up and hold on to their key players. Re-signing Clements would be a start.

I can understand why the Bills would entertain a trade for WM. He has underperformed (reaons not entirely clear) and he wants a new contract with significant money. The problem is that he is coming off of a mediocre season, he will be a free agent after the season, and now our interest in possibly trading WM is public. In other words, our bargaining position is not particularly strong and I doubt that the Bills will get good value for WM.

The bigger problem: another big hole to fill with limited options and significant financial constraints. Moreover, free agency does not seem to be a viable option and it is a weak year for RBs in the draft.

I like Marv, but I am beginning to feel like the Bills are chasing their tail. I have doubts that a rookie RB will be an improvement over WM. Same with CB (if it is a rookie or Youboty) and middle linebacker (if it is a rookie or Crowell). I know that free agency is always a possibility, but with our self-imposed financial constraints and the lack of quality players available at CB or inside LB, I don't see Bills successfully filling their holes with players that will equal or exceed the play of the players that they will be losing. I am also concerned that Jauron seems genuinely concerned about losing Clements.

The Bills cannot always be in the position of building for the future. Some poor planning and decisions (not extending Clements a couple of years ago (instead extending McGee), drafting McGahee, letting Pat Williams leave) have resulted in the Bills current state of mediocrity. If the Bills really want to stop this cycle, they need to step up and hold on to their key players. Re-signing Clements would be a start.

Is it just me or could this whole situation could be an elaborate smoke-in-the-mirrors ploy to determine the pre-2007 worth of a potentially greedy, under-achieving player? Depite this recent charade, it's unlikely they'll get rid of him and aside from a hold out, the WORST scenario would involve an unextended Willis running for his next contract after finding out his current status-quo doesn't carry that high of a price tag.

Anyone?

Is it just me or could this whole situation could be an elaborate smoke-in-the-mirrors ploy to determine the pre-2007 worth of a potentially greedy, under-achieving player? Depite this recent charade, it's unlikely they'll get rid of him and aside from a hold out, the WORST scenario would involve an unextended Willis running for his next contract after finding out his current status-quo doesn't carry that high of a price tag.

Anyone?

thought that myself this morning. good point.