Listening on Sirius

KC from Cali

I know this is complete talk and here say but they were talking about us trading up with Cleveland to take Adrian Peterson. I assume we would have to give up our 1st, 2nd and 4th. I think we should do it if we can get a 2nd for Willis (i doubt we will get a 2nd however). Let me know what you all think....

:wallbash: stupid rumor. We're in no position to be giving up premium draft picks. We're not one adrian peterson away from contention. We need a lot of defensive help assuming we lost nate/fletcher/kelsay and offensive line help. Add to the fact we don't have a 5th rd pick this year. Giving up a 2nd and 4th would leave us with a 1st, 3rd,6th, 7th. Nope not feelin it.

I know this is complete talk and here say but they were talking about us trading up with Cleveland to take Adrian Peterson. I assume we would have to give up our 1st, 2nd and 4th. I think we should do it if we can get a 2nd for Willis (i doubt we will get a 2nd however). Let me know what you all think....

peterson isnt worth that big of a risk if he falls to us he falls if not i say wait till 2nd round hes injury prone.

Is Adrian Petersen THAT good that he is worth swapping 1st round picks and giving up a 2nd and 4th rounder to Cleveland?

No one can predict the future, but I have to say the odds of Buffalo coming out on top in your scenario are pretty low in my opinion. I don't think Marv would make that deal and I wouldn't either. But hey, Adrian Petersen could be a monster who stays healthy for years to come. My crystal ball says no.

Is Adrian Petersen THAT good that he is worth swapping 1st round picks and giving up a 2nd and 4th rounder to Cleveland?

No one can predict the future, but I have to say the odds of Buffalo coming out on top in your scenario are pretty low in my opinion. I don't think Marv would make that deal and I wouldn't either. But hey, Adrian Petersen could be a monster who stays healthy for years to come. My crystal ball says no.

Agreed. As the Bills are hardly a RB away from going from playoff pretenders to contenders. Especially with us possibly on the verge we'll lose two of our best players on D in free agency. I'm high on Peterson as the best RB in the draft but can't say he's any better then McGahee right now and that be far too much to give up in terms of net loss and gain.

One more thing in the highly unlikely event this trade did take place. It better be for Calvin Johnson and not Adrian Peterson

As great a prospect as Johnson is, and he might just be the best one in the entire draft, asking a rookie WR to make an impact is asking a lot. I know someone will point out Colston but he was an exception not only with as late as he was drafted but most WRs take a good two - three seasons to make a true impact. Granted if we fill some of our other needs through free agency I'm all for taking a WR high in the draft but staying where we are now might allow us to get a Dwayne Jarrett and keep our other picks proposed in the trade which to me is far more valuable.