Levy's THIRD Bungling Mistake

Stiffler

Willis would have had,what makes you think it's a sure thing he's gone? I hope he's gone knowing the type of impact he could have (contract year) but why does it take contract year to entice these guys to play better, why can't they be that motivated to be the best unless it's about the money? Mcgahee if i i know anything about it will have his best year this year in atleast the last three, which isn't saying alot, but i hope marv finds his replacement and his ass is gone!

Good post. Guy has done very little since being here. Just because his contract is up all of a sudden he's gonna be awesome? Pretty big assumption.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post. Guy has done very little since being here. Just because his contract is up all of a sudden he's gonna be awesome? Pretty big assumption.

Done very little? What team are you watching?

Granted his play has been quite disappointing to almost all Bills fans for the last season and a half, but the fact simply is that he was the fastest Bill ever to gain 2,000 yards rushing.

Particularly given that this list of everybody else marks a pretty phenomenal achievement for any young running back.

This simple factoid obviously does not make him the best Bills RB ever in his first two years as the list does include some better all-around backs like Thurman, but the speed of this achievement simply renders a statement that he has done nothing since he got here as silly.

Granted his play has been quite disappointing to almost all Bills fans for the last season and a half, but the fact simply is that he was the fastest Bill ever to gain 2,000 yards rushing.

Particularly given that this list of everybody else marks a pretty phenomenal achievement for any young running back.

This simple factoid obviously does not make him the best Bills RB ever in his first two years as the list does include some better all-around backs like Thurman, but the speed of this achievement simply renders a statement that he has done nothing since he got here as silly.

I guess the 2k yard thing is ok. I have to say though, considering he was a high 1st rounder, he's been adequet at the very best. Im less concerned with stats than I am with how he looks when he runs. His acceleration and so on. In that regard, im underwhelmed.

The average Bills fan is truly pathetic. They complain about every little thing and blow it out of proportion when they complain about something. The Willis Toronto comment , the Willis trade rumor are just the lastest examples. I usually dont read most people comments here because it is just over reactionary drivel. I spend more time on the off the wall board. It's alot more fun. Pyrite, i dont know how you find the patience to debate with these crybabies.

I have to disagree with this. I simply don't think he's good enough to ever be a 1500+ yard back. The low 1300s with a 4.1 ypc seems to me to be about the best he'll ever be capable of, and even that's a dodgy proposition. That ain't chopped liver, but it ain't special either, and moreover you're looking at one or two years max of that kind of productivity from him in the future. You forget that the most yards Thomas ever rushed for was 1487, and guys like Bettis cracked the 1500 yard mark only once. Heck, even guys who were absolute top shelf backs for a short stretch of years - Eddie George and Fred Taylor (both of whom were clearly more talented than McGahee in their primes) - hit the 1500 yard mark only once, and even then finished only barely above it. I don't know what you're seeing, but in WM I'm seeing the equivalent of Eddie George in year 6 of his career -- beat up, able to only run a 4.6 40, and a lot more likely to become slower rather than faster. And I hate to belabor a point, but he's a crappy receiver, and I strongly suspect that both Levy and Fairchild want a guy who knows how to run a competent circle route (a la Thomas and Faulk).

Let me make this clear.....I'm not a McGahee fan. I've never felt he was a potentially "great" RB. However, he is capable of a big year. He proved that in his first year playing in the NFL, when he had motivation to prove he was back and beat out Travis. If that's simply 1300 yards and a 4.1 ypc, that would be well worth keeping this season and help Losman, Evans and a young OL advance as players. Not having a running game can ruin the season for everybody. What you are talking about......long term......I never said ANYTHING about that and I can't imagine ever giving Willis a long term contract. He is too dumb and gets too complacent to be given such a setup. For the most part, I agree with what you say, I think we are talking about two different things, I'm talking about keeping Willis one more year to try to maximize this season.

The average Bills fan is truly pathetic. They complain about every little thing and blow it out of proportion when they complain about something. The Willis Toronto comment , the Willis trade rumor are just the lastest examples. I usually dont read most people comments here because it is just over reactionary drivel. I spend more time on the off the wall board. It's alot more fun. Pyrite, i dont know how you find the patience to debate with these crybabies.

Yes. Thats it. Brillilant. How could I be such a ahole to criticize anything this teams does or any player on it. Willis is awesome. Marv is awesome. There all just so fckin funtastic I can't contain myself. Im just a spoiled little brat with all our playoff runs the last ten years.

I certainly wouldn't call the TSW crowd "average" Bills fans since many of us care enough about this team to spend way too much time even for a psychotic fan on the internet talking about and reading about our team.

In addition, the TSW crowd though sharing devotion and interest in the Bills in common cannot really be typified or summarized as having the same views, perspective, or approach toward our shared addiction.

It actually does not take all that much patience to deal with many of the most strident arguments on TSW since they often share the same failing as much internet commentary in that people take such extreme positions many of the points are simply laughable.

For example, it is simply contradictory for folks to argue both that WM is clearly worthless and we should trade him for a first day pick and draft and RB whom they immediately expect to step in as a starter.

It totally ignores reality for one to claim he has done nothing here when he actually is disappointing so many folks by raising their expectations with his very good performance in his first season and a half as a Bill.

When one adds into this the reality that he pulled off his initial performance after suffering compound tears in his knee that many were figuring his career was over after his final college game. When the injury is factored in his initial performance was really nothing short of phenomenal.

Folks who ignore this reality and claim he has done nothing simply paint themselves as not being credible at all.

First up pyrite responded to a post of a poster of a poster who responded to mine, i have been coming here for 6-8 years and i have 150 postsor so, i use the wall like you do. I in no way am i crybaby just someone giving my opinion, you don't like it then don't read it!