John Clayton about the Bills.

if things don't change this could be Losmans team by November. His words, not mine... see below.

Even though the Bills lost to the Jets, 16-14, Drew Bledsoe made two throws that prove he's not over the hill. His laser pass to tight end Mark Campbell for a 16-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter was a rope. He also lofted a perfect fade pass that Lee Evans caught for a 46-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter. The problem for Bledsoe is that time is running out for the Bills' offense and their team. They are 0-4. Bledsoe rarely is getting 200-yard passing days. The offense is averaging 12.75 points a game. J.P. Losman is going to be healthy at the end of the month. If things don't change, the team could be his in November.

The problem is the ther other umpteen consecutive punts by the offense in the game....

While Drew did look very good on those plays.....it doesn't change the fact that the offense didn't move before then....or that we are 0-4

Losman will be playing simply because he is the future of this team....and with nothing else to lose the future is going to start now....not to mention the fact that the owner is not happy and they need to sell tickets......

Wow, where have I been??? John, it was only 2 weeks ago that you were steadfastly defending Bledsoe through thick and thin. Now you are calling for his benching?

if things don't change this could be Losmans team by November.  His words, not mine... see below.

Even though the Bills lost to the Jets, 16-14, Drew Bledsoe made two throws that prove he's not over the hill. His laser pass to tight end Mark Campbell for a 16-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter was a rope. He also lofted a perfect fade pass that Lee Evans caught for a 46-yard touchdown pass in the fourth quarter. The problem for Bledsoe is that time is running out for the Bills' offense and their team. They are 0-4. Bledsoe rarely is getting 200-yard passing days. The offense is averaging 12.75 points a game. J.P. Losman is going to be healthy at the end of the month. If things don't change, the team could be his in November.

65291[/snapback]

Guest donahoe is a genius
if things don't change this could be Losmans team by November.  His words, not mine... see below.

65291[/snapback]

I think the key quotes after the game came from the Jets:"That (stopping Henry) was our main goal," Jets nose tackle Jason Ferguson said. Said LB Victor Hobson: "That was definitely a focus. We felt if we stopped the run, we would be in a great position to win."

We felt if we stopped the run, we would be in a great position to win. TRANSLATION : Bledsoe is no threat to beat us.

OK give him credit for the two scores late in the game, but the Bills still lost.

The sooner Bledsoe hits the bench, the sooner the Bills fans can look forward

to a brighter future.

not to mention the fact that the owner is not happy and they need to sell tickets......

65298[/snapback]

One thing people on this board tend to forget is that Ralph LOVES Drew. He says it over and over again. He is enamored with him. The decision to get Drew was as much RW's call as it was TD's.

But our offense is not averaging 12.75 points per game, the team is. The offense is averaging a nice even 11 points per game!

As I said elsewhere, we only need 16 against Miami to raise that to 12.....

I think the key quotes after the game came from the Jets:"That (stopping Henry) was our main goal," Jets nose tackle Jason Ferguson said. Said LB Victor Hobson: "That was definitely a focus. We felt if we stopped the run, we would be in a great position to win."

We felt if we stopped the run, we would be in a great position to win. TRANSLATION : Bledsoe is no threat to beat us.

OK give him credit for the two scores late in the game, but the Bills still lost.

The sooner Bledsoe hits the bench, the sooner the Bills fans can look forward

to a brighter future.

65320[/snapback]

"Run and Stop the Run" -- Marv Levy, ad nauseam, 1986-1996.

Doesn't matter who the opponent is, or who their QB is, this is the goal of all NFL teams.

And the fact is, without a running game, despite an overall mediocre performance, Bledsoe had the Bills ahead with 2 minutes left in the game.

If they didn't respect him before the game, they sure as hell do now. Bledsoe still has the ability to beat a team with a couple of throws.