Does anyone care that the Browns won the coin toss?

OnTheRocks

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=6480

Browns win toss, will pick third

Zac Jackson, Staff Writer

INDIANAPOLIS -- There was good news for the Browns Friday morning as they won the coin toss with Tampa Bay and will pick third overall in April's NFL Draft.

The teams gathered at 7:45 a.m. to toss the coin. Tampa Bay's representative, general manager Bruce Allen,called heads, and the coin came up tails.

The Browns were represented by general manager Phil Savage.

The toss was necessary because both teams finished with identical 4-12 records and identical opponents' winning percentages.

The Browns also won a combine coin flip tiebreaker in 2002 with Atlanta for the 16th overall pick.

Stay tuned to ClevelandBrowns.com throughout the day for more from the combine.

Don't care too much, but still nice to know. If both QB's are gone though, Tampa may take a player who affects someone we hope falls to us getting snatched up. I prefer a Dlineman, but if there is a early run on them, I hope we can still get Levi Brown.

I do care because the browns still hold out hope to trade that pick to a team looking to grab calvin johnson. Browns' fans, i hear, want the Pats' two picks for the 3rd. I really would like to see the Browns turn around ..... and then play the Bills in an AFC champ game soon.

As I noted, a minor point. But one that carries through 7 rounds.

Not really. If I recall correctly, teams with the same record rotate picks in the later rounds. i.e if three teams finish 1-15, team a gets the #1 overall, team b gets the #2 overall and team c gets the #3 overall, based on SOS. However in round 2, #33, 34 and 35 will not be a,b,c but rather b,c,a or c,b,a (not sure which one)

Not really. If I recall correctly, teams with the same record rotate picks in the later rounds. i.e if three teams finish 1-15, team a gets the #1 overall, team b gets the #2 overall and team c gets the #3 overall, based on SOS. However in round 2, #33, 34 and 35 will not be a,b,c but rather b,c,a or c,b,a (not sure which one)

Then let it carry through 3.5 rounds, more or less.

The topic question was if anyone cared. It is evident that I care, you do not care, and I care not that you do not care that I care.

Take care.

:worthy: