Possibly losing 4 defensive starters

generaLee83

#1 - Cato June was a huge dissapointment for the Colts in 06 after having a great year in 05.

#2 - Cato June is a smallish weak-side backer, not a candidate for London

's MLB job.

Shows just how off you are.

The point is... Good teams deal with turnover.

The Colts have lost 3 starting LB's in the last 3 years.

I understand where Cato plays.

Crowell will move inside.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear NFL,

Some members of the twobillsdrive stadium wall would like to forfeit the season next year. We cannot compete. We suck. We think we are going to lose 4 defensive starters and the sky is falling. What the New Orleans Saints did was just impossible and we can never duplicate that. Our tremendous fan base has given up. We quit. We cant possibly replace a over 30 mlb, a 2nd string defensive end and a supposed shut down corner that is a money only player.

Thank You

The loyal?? Buffalo Bills Fanbase

Dear NFL,

Some members of the twobillsdrive stadium wall would like to forfeit the season next year. We cannot compete. We suck. We think we are going to lose 4 defensive starters and the sky is falling. What the New Orleans Saints did was just impossible and we can never duplicate that. Our tremendous fan base has given up. We quit. We cant possibly replace a over 30 mlb, a 2nd string defensive end and a supposed shut down corner that is a money only player.

Thank You

The loyal?? Buffalo Bills Fanbase

Dear IndyJay,

Many of the members at twobillsdrive stadium wall, are in fact die hard Bills fans. We simply do not like to lose sight of what a good franchise is, because of others who believe we can turn-around a new player in the same position every two years and hope to be successful. We are still Bills fans, but hey, while were at it, why don't we cut Losman, Evans, and McGahee in hopes of obtaining three players who may possibly be better. After all the Colts did 'yada yada yada'

Thank You

Someone who has a brain

Nope. Just a Bills fan. And you??

As I have said before.. Who cares what they do in Free Agency.. Who cares about the draft.. Who cares what they do on the field. How we judge this team should be on one thing only. How the hell did we do in the press conference. I mean Marv was just awful up there so clearly the season is cooked. Did you see that Press Conference. Jesus. He sucked so the Bills are gonna suck too. Where the hell is the damn Press Conference coach??

As I have said before.. Who cares what they do in Free Agency.. Who cares about the draft.. Who cares what they do on the field. How we judge this team should be on one thing only. How the hell did we do in the press conference. I mean Marv was just awful up there so clearly the season is cooked. Did you see that Press Conference. Jesus. He sucked so the Bills are gonna suck too. Where the hell is the damn Press Conference coach??

I think we call it a Presser now.

Dear IndyJay,

Many of the members at twobillsdrive stadium wall, are in fact die hard Bills fans. We simply do not like to lose sight of what a good franchise is, because of others who believe we can turn-around a new player in the same position every two years and hope to be successful. We are still Bills fans, but hey, while were at it, why don't we cut Losman, Evans, and McGahee in hopes of obtaining three players who may possibly be better. After all the Colts did 'yada yada yada'

Thank You

Someone who has a brain

If you have a brain then use it. Come on. Wait and see what happens instead of jumping off a fricken bridge..

If you were told last season that the Bills would cut loose both safeties and start rookies what would you have said?

All teams deal with turnover.

SD lost their starting QB and went 14-2.

Chicago lost their all pro Safety and DT. And went to the Superbowl.

You have to deal with loss..

Dear IndyJay,

Thank You

Someone who has a brain

I never said cut loose these guys because their are better players out there but you have to deal with change... Next year it will be 4 new players that we lose.

The Patriots lose players every year and somehow make the playoffs.

If you have a brain then use it. Come on. Wait and see what happens instead of jumping off a fricken bridge..

If you were told last season that the Bills would cut loose both safeties and start rookies what would you have said?

All teams deal with turnover.

SD lost their starting QB and went 14-2.

Chicago lost their all pro Safety and DT. And went to the Superbowl.

You have to deal with loss..

1. I'm not jumping off a bridge.

2. I would have said that we would not make the playoffs. And we didn't.

3. Yes they do. But some teams decide to keep good players when they have 30+ mill in cap space.

4. SD already had a First Round Pick waiting for a few years ... and Brees did awesome in NO also.

5. And lost.

I never said cut loose these guys because their are better players out there but you have to deal with change... Next year it will be 4 new players that we lose.

The Patriots lose players every year and somehow make the playoffs.

Sorry, I didn't realize that playoffs were the goal. I thought Marv said quite clearly that a SB win is our goal. The Patriots have not made the SB since Weiss, Crenell and a few others left.

1. I'm not jumping off a bridge.

2. I would have said that we would not make the playoffs. And we didn't.

3. Yes they do. But some teams decide to keep good players when they have 30+ mill in cap space.

4. SD already had a First Round Pick waiting for a few years ... and Brees did awesome in NO also.

5. And lost.

Sorry, I didn't realize that playoffs were the goal. I thought Marv said quite clearly that a SB win is our goal. The Patriots have not made the SB since Weiss, Crenell and a few others left.

After 6 years without making the playoffs.. just making the playoffs should be the goal.

1) I am glad.

2) Congrats. Good Job.

3) Then stop chearing for the Bills because clearly they disappoint you.

4) Exactly lets wait and see what the Bills do to replace these players.

5) They did lose. In the RCA dome in a game that clearly was the NFL Championship game. And they lost a slugfest. It was the game of the year. They win that game and they have their 4th Superbowl ring.

After 6 years without making the playoffs.. just making the playoffs should be the goal.

1) I am glad.

2) Congrats. Good Job.

3) Then stop chearing for the Bills because clearly they disappoint you.

4) Exactly lets wait and see what the Bills do to replace these players.

5) They did lose. In the RCA dome in a game that clearly was the NFL Championship game. And they lost a slugfest. It was the game of the year. They win that game and they have their 4th Superbowl ring.

Tell me. What is the common denominator between the Patriots and Bills last year? NEITHER got a SB or Champion sip ring. Playoffs are NOT the goal.

1. ...

2. ...

3. huh? stop cheering for a team when they disappoint you? So I'm guessing you were ecstatic when Norwood missed the kick? Because obviously you could never be disappointed in the Bills.

4. Marv has already stated that we will replace through the draft ... meaning it may take years to replace those players. and you talk about just wanting to make the playoffs for the first time in 6 years :lol:

Tell me. What is the common denominator between the Patriots and Bills last year? NEITHER got a SB or Champion sip ring. Playoffs are NOT the goal.

1. ...

2. ...

3. huh? stop cheering for a team when they disappoint you? So I'm guessing you were ecstatic when Norwood missed the kick? Because obviously you could never be disappointed in the Bills.

4. Marv has already stated that we will replace through the draft ... meaning it may take years to replace those players. and you talk about just wanting to make the playoffs for the first time in 6 years :lol:

Yes. I was thrilled when the kick was missed. Brilliant logic. Miss it.. Miss it... Yes.. Giants win.

Yes the Bills disappoint me but at least I go into a season waiting to see what they do. I mean I guess it is all about the Press Conferences.. Lets judge them based on what they say to the media.

Superbowl or nothing then right? So you should be thrilled under your logic. Because apparently the Bills will blow giving them a high draft pick to be better the next year. 32 teams and only 1 wins it all so you should enjoy many years of disapointment to come. What a way to go through life.

take years to replace those player.. Did Ko and Donte play that poorly...

Last year the Bills started a 1st or 2nd year QB depending on your view point. A new Left Tackle, new Left Guard, New Center, New Right Tackle, New 2nd WR, New TE. 2 new DT's, 2 new Safeties, a New Coaching staff. A new GM. And you people are worried about 4 new starters on Defense..

Last year they left 10 million of cap money on the table as well. They won 7 games and could have easily made the playoffs. They nearly beat the SB champs in their house. That is pretty good and I trust these guys to make some more changes this year. But hey.. They blew the !@#$ing press conference so !@#$ it all. Who cares. I mean if they dont win the Superbowl daquixer_is_back is not going to be happy.... !@#$ing press conferneces...

With the expected extreme difficulty in retaining Nate Clements, London Fletcher-Baker and Chris Kelsay and the strong possiblity that Takeo Spikes will be released how does this team even expect to maintain the mediocre defense it had last year?

Losing 4 starters?

I'm an optimist and I see this team struggling to win 6 games this year.

A great draft and a most certain below average free agency hunt is not going to counter the loss of these 4 players.

Losing 4 starters and not replacing them would cause us some serious trouble. Good thing we are entitled to free agents and a draft. I don't think picking out four out of 22 starters and acting like losing some guys is the end of the world. The NFL shows that almost anybody can be replaced (Colts - Edge, comes to mind right now).

Nate: not coming back, too expensive, Ashton can start. I hope we don't draft Hall #12, and would prefer McGee/Youboty/KT as our first three accepting the downgrade, but having resources to improve elsewhere.

London: Quality player, but again replaceable. I still wouldn't mind seeing him come back, but know it isn't likey. But there are free agents and draft picks who can match his contribution.

Kelsey: Hargrove takes his spot, and I don't think we are much worse off with Hargrove/Denney than Kelsey/Denney. Possibly a downgrade since Kelsey is a quality player, but wait and see.

Spikes: He was not a great player last year. We either replace him with a better healthy Spikes, or we replace him with a different player because we think that play can outplay him. Either way I don't think this is going to be a downgrade.

What matters for any good GM is finding the best value to build the team. I think Marv will make the right value judgments on these four, and any of them we lose is because we can be better with alternatives instead of paying their price. This is how football teams are built with a salary cap. I would be MAD to read tomorrow that we signed Nate to Champ Bailey money. It would make our team worse. I would be HAPPY to read we signed Nate to a hometown discount deal that makes him a good value for us. Otherwise I'm prepared to let Marv make the right decisions. Turnover is part of the NFL...the teams that do it best see the results.

BOTTOM LINE:

None of us would even be having this discussion IF Marv and the Bills organization would have painted a more positive picture in his presser last Friday.

The sad part is a good number of the posters on this board are too nieve to realize that the Bills need much more than what this years Draft and Free-Agency will yield to even have a chance at the playoffs.

This team will take a big step backwards in 07!

:lol:

BOTTOM LINE:

None of us would even be having this discussion IF Marv and the Bills organization would have painted a more positive picture in his presser last Friday.

Correction: We wouldnt be having this conversation if the whiners that infest this place hadnt started irrationally bashing marv and saying we are doomed, just because we may not re-sign ONE decent player.

Correction: We wouldnt be having this conversation if the whiners that infest this place hadnt started irrationally bashing marv and saying we are doomed, just because we may not re-sign ONE decent player.

C'mon, they aren't whiners, they are the realists and everyone else that thinks the Bills will be fine are drinking the Kool-Aid and looking through Rose coloured glasses

Without Clements (a Pro Bowl Corner in our books), Fletcher (an aging vet who made tackles downfield instead of where he was suppossed to), Kelsay (an average rotational DE), and Spikes (someone people were calling for to be cut because he would never come back from his injury, and has yet to be released and probably won't until everything is evaluated further) the Bills SB Caliber defence will never be the same and this team will be worse then the Raiders next year.

Its just like last year, they will be lucky to win a game next year because of those lost players, like when they lost Adams, Milloy, Vincent, and Posey, all starters and replaced them with rookies and cheaper alternatives who played just as well as the guys they replaced.

Come over to the side of the realists, there is never any proof the team will ever get better with Marv and Ralph around and its more fun to sit around crying "whoa is me, this team sucks"

BOTTOM LINE:

The sad part is a good number of the posters on this board are too nieve to realize that the Bills need much more than what this years Draft and Free-Agency will yield to even have a chance at the playoffs.

This team will take a big step backwards in 07!

:lol:

All about the press conferences... It is all about the press conferences...

The only starter on D that I care about losing is Kelsey. He is the only one with an upside that is in our range. If we lose London fine, there are a ton of MLBs out there plus Crowell and company including Wire who was just re-singed to fill that smallish void. London never attacked enough anyway. 150 tackles...8 for losses. Yay! He was great for Buffalo while he was here but its time to move on. Clements isn't worth the money he'll get. He is a top 15 corner but probably no better than 12th. Youboty, Thomas, and McGee will be fine. Some "experts" had Youboty as a first round choice last year, including Kiper I believe. He only dressed once but it was because he missed training camp and therefore never got onto the specialties. As a third or fourth corner you got to be on the specialties units. TKO is alright but again no harm no foul at the LB positions. We have lots of good young talent plus the draft where we will certainly take at least one LB. The biggest concern right now for the Bills is to protect JP, open holes for Willis, and stopping the run. McCargo comes back this season and will be able to make a splash in his second year in the Bigs. Kelsey and Schobel are the bookends of that defense and can eliminate the need to blitz in passing situations if can retain Kelsey. That is who are focus should be on IMHO.

It's NOT about re-signing one decent player because they will lose MORE than that!

It's about their approach to the up-coming season that has Bills fans (who don't have tunnel vision)

up in arms!

THIS IS A PIVOTAL SEASON FOR THIS FRANCHISE and a step backwards could be disasterous for their long term future in Western New York!