Asante Samuel franchised

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=906365

And I'm skeptical of the Pats franchising Samuel...

:worthy:

And lest people think this was an isolated incident:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry897085

The Patriots won't tie-up the money it will take to franchise, or even transition tag Samuel. So he'll be gone.

MDB, are you EVER right?

Have the Pats won the SB the past 2 years?

If you're waiting for a pat on the back for correctly predicting two years in a row that one of the 31 teams who aren't the Patriots would win the Super Bowl, it's going to be a long wait. Especially when you were wrong two years in a row before you were right two years in a row.

CB's are always in high demand. Had Samuel been free, he and Clements would have been making the rounds to the same group of teams, driving each other's price up because each has an agent lying to the team about what other teams have offered him.

agreed. i actually just came to that conclusion on the other post regarding this topic before i read this. i'm allowed to change my mind, right???

Yeah, Nate was already gone. Since tagging him was not an option (I'm not sure that was the best promise to make, but breaking it would be worse and isn't happening). The Pats would not have signed Samuel or Nate as a free agent, because they are smart enough to know that would hurt the team. Nate is gone, and Ahston and Terrance are our corners until a lower level free agent or a draft pick proves otherwise.

Have the Pats won the SB the past 2 years? Again HD, let me know when they can win one without Weis, Crennel, or the help of the refs. :blink:

Oh and good move on their part. It was a no-brainer.

They won 3 Super Bowls in six years and I believe they will get their fourth in the next two years. The Niners w/ Montana took 9 years to win 4. Yes Weis and Crennel are probably very good coordinators but teams can't win every year, again look at Montana it actually took him 8 years to get 3 SB's and Brady had 3 in 4 years which is remarkable. Also stop w/ the refs.. The Colts changed the rules after their 03 game and in 04 w/ the rule cha :blink: nges The Patriots still kicked their ass.