SportingNews Mock draft

Fingon

Zach Miller

TE, Arizona St. in the first round. And Earl Everett ILB Florida in the second.

IF anyone has their premium access it would be nice if you posted the rest of the stuff.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/teams/bills/

Zach Miller with the 12th pick in the first round?

Are these writers just "mocking" us?

Just reading that main page they have the Bills picking #12 overall and choosing Zach Miller..

How good is this guy? If he can be a top flight TE close to Vernon Davis...what is so bad about picking him #12?

Will all depend on the combine workous...that is why IMO it is just too early to speculate where players will get picked...SO much will change between now and the end of March into April.

As a Sun Devil fan, I will tell you that I think Miller will be a better TE than Todd Heap. Heap was the last TE from ASU that was drafted early, and Miller broke all his records at ASU. Miller is Always open, catches everything and is a class act.

Now, I dont think 12 is a good spot to take him, but in the mid 20's I could live with it....

I think it depends on who we retain in free agency. Vic Carucci was on NFL Radio last night and they discusses the Bills needs which he thinks are: OL, LB, probably TE, and don't forget RB---he doesn't think McGahee is going to be here past next year.

The point is TE is a position of some need: Royal is okay but past him I think the position is real sketchy and inconsistent for the Bills.

Go to this link and below under "Your Turn" click the link by "RGawlas" and read. He think Jason Peters has been disappointment at tackle and London Fletcher might retire in the offseason. Who is this clown? He obviously doesn't know anything about the NFL or the Bills. :blink:

yeah, i read this and was like :blink:

"...and the player starting opposite him, Jason Peters, has been a little disappointing also"

Just further proof of how ignorant this guy is, he apparently wrote something about Mike Williams being on the line. he deleted it. read this reply from GoBills255:

"Whoa...put down the 2004 fantasy magazine.

Posted by GoBills255 on Feb 14, 2007 06:04 PM

Mike Williams, the #4 pick in the 2002 draft, IS a bust, but he hasn't played for the Bills since 2005.

Do you think the Bengals will let Corey Dillon go? He seems disgruntled. I bet he ends up in New England.

What will be really interesting is how the Saints handle both McAllister AND Ricky Williams in the backfield. That should make for an interesting locker room dynamic.

Other than that, great read and very informative."

which prompted this:

"Posted by RGawlas on Feb 14, 2007 06:12 PM

GoBills255,

Thanks for that.. hah, I'll take that out. I wasn't sure if he still played or not. I guess he on the Jaguars now. But thanks for picking that out, I'll take it out of there now. "

ummmm.....didn't Jax cut his a$$????? this guy is painfully uninformed.

How good is this guy? If he can be a top flight TE close to Vernon Davis...what is so bad about picking him #12?

You mean the Vernon Davis that caught 20 passes for 265 yards and 3 touchdowns compared to Robert Royal's 23 passes for 233 yards and three touchdowns?

Just kidding mostly, but Vernon Davis is still a top flight talent, and not yet a top flight football player.

But I don't put much more into this being our pick than the mocks that have us with a QB. I want to get the best player available at #12 thinking about total contribution over the next five years. But if I'm giving any slight edge to position it is G/DT/LB, and not a skill position. But if by draft day he is viewed as the best football player available, I will be fine with it.

You mean the Vernon Davis that caught 20 passes for 265 yards and 3 touchdowns compared to Robert Royal's 23 passes for 233 yards and three touchdowns?

you mean the Vernon Davis that played in only 10 games because of a broken leg??? the one who broke tackles and outran the defense for a 52 yard TD after coming back from said broken leg??? yeah, i'd take that guy.

but, not this year with so many more glaring needs on defense....