Worst Logic in a Mock Draft

Astrobot

We are not picking a left tackle, QB, punter, kicker, or safety first. Every other position is possible if that represents the best improvement for our team. I don't think Brown is the kind of super talent or Pennington the super weakness to have this be the best fit, so I don't see it happening.

But other than that we should be looking for the best football player we can get. Our #12 draft pick will be wearing a Bills uniform in 2011, and we have no idea what our team will look like then. Draft an inferior player to fill a need and you hurt your team in the long run. PART of a draft pick's value is how he upgrades your team in year 1, so I'm all for looking for the best talents in positions that less fully covered and giving a small advantage to that in case of close calls between several players. But more of a draft pick's value is spread over his first five years of contributions, and to get the most value there you need to try to get the best football players.

People will point to Whitner being a need pick, but I don't think he was. I don't think it was about needing a strong safety in 2006, but I think Marv thought that Whitner was the most valuable and talented football player available at that pick from a broader perspective. Assuming that we weren't taking a QB, the next five players picked were: Sims, Ngata, Wimbley, Bunkley, and Tye Hill. The jury is still out, but despite all the outcries I think that 1) Marv drafted the player he thought was the best football player available 2) Marv might prove to be right.

I think that Brown is one of the players that COULD be the best football player available at #12. I also think that Okoye, Leon Hall, Adrian Peterson, Alan Branch, Marshawn Lynch, Dwayne Jarett, Patrick Willis, or others could be that best player, but it depends on a lot of information gathering between now and the draft, and how the first 11 picks go.

Yeah, I find some talk out their asses when it comes to the Bills' needs. I would have said Levi would be a great pick, but Peters allows us to get a more pressing need. Is Mike Williams even still in the league.

Plays for, or more accurately is on the roster of Jacksonville. Was injured most of the year - sound famaliar?

I wouldn't mind the pick of Levi Brown at all. Let's be honest with ourselves, do we really KNOW Terrence Pennington is the answer? He got a lot of help at first, but seemed to settle in OK after a few games. He and Preston may have just been all we had so I wouldn't be against the possibility of two bookend tackles. When was the last time that happened!?!?!?!?! :lol:

I wouldn't mind the pick of Levi Brown at all. Let's be honest with ourselves, do we really KNOW Terrence Pennington is the answer? He got a lot of help at first, but seemed to settle in OK after a few games. He and Preston may have just been all we had so I wouldn't be against the possibility of two bookend tackles. When was the last time that happened!?!?!?!?! :lol:

Levi hasn't gotten alot of mention here- but depending how free agency falls before the draft and how the teams ahead of us pick- he is certainly a possible choice of ours.

2 bookend tackles locked up contractually for awhile would be sweet!!!

It just depends if they really believe in Pennington or not.

When McNally was with the Giants they started some late drafted rookies that ended up being out of the league quickly.

12. Buffalo - L. Brown OT Penn St. - The Bills have had great success with o-lineman early and Brown is a real bruiser that would fit in well in Buffalo.

Hello? Mike Williams?

It would have been more accurate to say the Bills under Levy had success with o-lineman early. Brown, Wolford and Fina were first round draft picks during the Levy regime. Richter was also a first round pick. Drafted before Levy was in Buffalo, but was a big part of the turn around in the late 80's. So it isn't so far fetched an idea that Marv would go after a lineman early.

Right on bflodan. We may have covered up our right side the best we could, so teams may really be ready to throw the kitchen sink at that side this year. I have stated my top 3 realistic (sorta) favorate choices as Okoye, Jamal Anderson, and Gains Adams. Throw in Levi Brown as my runner up. :lol:

The Buffalo has had great success with o-linmen recently is a puzzling claim, but honestly I think you could do a lot worse than Levi Brown at #12. Switch Peters back to RT and if Levi is ready as a rookie the Bills would have great tackles. Maybe the pick could be used at a different position, but i wouldn't be pulling my hair out if the Bills picked Levi.

i like Levi, PSU fan, but would we say he is a "our guy is not there pick?" I have to think the inside D-line is a more pressing need. kind of like last year.

Yeah...i'm rooting for Okoye- just have been surprised Levi hasn't been talked about much here.

He would be a worthy pick.

I still think Pennington did a decent job and got better as time went on. Although id love to see someone come in and challenge Pennington for the RT spot. But I do think Pennington will be even better in 2007......

An offensive tackle is not really a desperate need for the Bills right now