Sirius Radio predicts free-agent

Buffalo Mike1

Colvin took less money to play for the Pats. He got a better deal from the Lions I think it was, but rejected them.

And the Pats won't get into a bidding war, which is what I see happening with the top FA's. A lot of teams have a lot of cash.

And why won' Thomas do what Colvin did ?

Because money talks for most.

When it did not talk with Colvin, what makes you think it will with Adalius Thomas...I am sure the guy might forgo a few million to join the Patriots if it means contending for the superbowl every year.

When it did not talk with Colvin, what makes you think it will with Adalius Thomas...I am sure the guy might forgo a few million to join the Patriots if it means contending for the superbowl every year.

I think it's safer for me to say that a player will opt for the money versus your contention that just because Colvin took less, Thomas would as well. Especially with the way the Pats have treated their players over the past few years.

But the proof will be in the pudding.

Colvin took less money to play for the Pats. He got a better deal from the Lions I think it was, but rejected them.

And the Pats won't get into a bidding war, which is what I see happening with the top FA's. A lot of teams have a lot of cash.

That's right. The Pats are happy to pay 75% of market value and sell players on the BS factors: Patriots "mystique", the Patriots "system", yada yada yada.