Making Friends...Just Complaining

NCDAWG

I have lived in NC for just over two years now, and it has been impossible to make friends with the guys that are around here. Now most of the guys in my neighborhood are not NC natives, they are transplants from NY,NJ,OH, and other areas. But the couple of times I have met a guy with common interests, it just goes south...quick. One guy turned out to be a raging alcoholic, even pissing himself the last time we went out. Another guy is sooooo whipped that we can't even go to a movie without his wife calling 4-5 times in a 3 hour period. They either want to go out and get laid or trashed. There seems to be no middle of the road. One guy pulled out his bible and started preaching at me in the middle of Hooters. Has the whole world gone nuts? Sorry...just a rant.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lived in NC for just over two years now, and it has been impossible to make friends with the guys that are around here. Now most of the guys in my neighborhood are not NC natives, they are transplants from NY,NJ,OH, and other areas. But the couple of times I have met a guy with common interests, it just goes south...quick. One guy turned out to be a raging alcoholic, even pissing himself the last time we went out. Another guy is sooooo whipped that we can't even go to a movie without his wife calling 4-5 times in a 3 hour period. They either want to go out and get laid or trashed. There seems to be no middle of the road. One guy pulled out his bible and started preaching at me in the middle of Hooters. Has the whole world gone nuts? Sorry...just a rant.

Maybe it's you? :sick:

Fezmid- Shame on you!!

Off The Wall is the place where TBD'rs come to be supported, nurtured and understood!!

Please post a new reply to this man. Thank you.

I'm not on suicide watch or anything, just kinda frustrated with the lack of quality human beings who appreciate the Bills and Sabres and enjoy a beer from time to time.

Fezmid- Shame on you!!

Off The Wall is the place where TBD'rs come to be supported, nurtured and understood!!

Please post a new reply to this man. Thank you.

Well he does have to take part of the blame... He's the one who moved to North Carolina. :(;)

I was just kidding around though, and I think (hope) he realized that. :)

If you want some real advice, I'd recommend finding some groups. If you like photography, find a photo club or take some photo classes. If you like remote control stuff, there's tons of clubs for RC racing, flying, etc. Get out and meet people that you know will have similar interests and you'll find people to hang out with eventually.

There has to be a Bills group in NC, no?

CW

Well he does have to take part of the blame... He's the one who moved to North Carolina. ;):)

I was just kidding around though, and I think (hope) he realized that. :)

If you want some real advice, I'd recommend finding some groups. If you like photography, find a photo club or take some photo classes. If you like remote control stuff, there's tons of clubs for RC racing, flying, etc. Get out and meet people that you know will have similar interests and you'll find people to hang out with eventually.

There has to be a Bills group in NC, no?

CW

Yeah, it's all good. I moved from south Fl... and it was worse there. At least the weather is much nicer here. I hear you. Just started playing the banjo and was looking up groups that meet locally. The one Bills group that I found is non-alcoholic :( . Kooky.

Yeah, it's all good. I moved from south Fl... and it was worse there. At least the weather is much nicer here. I hear you. Just started playing the banjo and was looking up groups that meet locally. The one Bills group that I found is non-alcoholic :( . Kooky.

a non-alcoholic Bills group??

Gee where's the fun?

I'm with you on that one.

I guess I'll be your friend too. ;)

a non-alcoholic Bills group??

Gee where's the fun?

I'm with you on that one.

I guess I'll be your friend too. :(

Oh yeah, I showed up with all the gear on ready to watch a Bills game with some crazy bills fans...and I got some yuppie christian group who watched bills games. Which is ok, for some. But I like to relax and go nuts for the Bills. And it was at a bar to boot. So I get there and order a brew and go to the table and the "leader" says "welcome fellow bills fan, but we don't drink." At which point, I say, " ok, (chug my beer), I'll be right back." I left right there. I don't trust people who don't drink. ;)

Oh yeah, I showed up with all the gear on ready to watch a Bills game with some crazy bills fans...and I got some yuppie christian group who watched bills games. Which is ok, for some. But I like to relax and go nuts for the Bills. And it was at a bar to boot. So I get there and order a brew and go to the table and the "leader" says "welcome fellow bills fan, but we don't drink." At which point, I say, " ok, (chug my beer), I'll be right back." I left right there. I don't trust people who don't drink. :(

LOL. Actually that would make a funny commercial!

Oh yeah, I showed up with all the gear on ready to watch a Bills game with some crazy bills fans...and I got some yuppie christian group who watched bills games. Which is ok, for some. But I like to relax and go nuts for the Bills. And it was at a bar to boot. So I get there and order a brew and go to the table and the "leader" says "welcome fellow bills fan, but we don't drink." At which point, I say, " ok, (chug my beer), I'll be right back." I left right there. I don't trust people who don't drink. :(

So first you complain that your friends drink too much, now you're complaining they don't drink enough. Sheesh Goldielocks, you're picky ;)

Sometimes I wonder...But I still have control of my bodily functions, :(

Always a plus when meeting new freinds...

What about people from work? When I moved to Long Island, I had only my wife and a guy from college, but on Sundays I would always do football games, and make my wings, after a while people got used to wings, and at the same time they became Bills fans, worked for me, never underestimate the power of the wings.

I'm not on suicide watch or anything, just kinda frustrated with the lack of quality human beings who appreciate the Bills and Sabres and enjoy a beer from time to time.

My brother and his wife lived near Raleigh the past few years and met several good people who were transplanted northerners and fans of the Bills/Sabres (as well as other northern teams).