Making Friends...Just Complaining

NCDAWG

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lived in NC for just over two years now, and it has been impossible to make friends with the guys that are around here. Now most of the guys in my neighborhood are not NC natives, they are transplants from NY,NJ,OH, and other areas. But the couple of times I have met a guy with common interests, it just goes south...quick. One guy turned out to be a raging alcoholic, even pissing himself the last time we went out. Another guy is sooooo whipped that we can't even go to a movie without his wife calling 4-5 times in a 3 hour period. They either want to go out and get laid or trashed. There seems to be no middle of the road. One guy pulled out his bible and started preaching at me in the middle of Hooters. Has the whole world gone nuts? Sorry...just a rant.

What does your wife/girlfriend think about all of your rants?

What does your wife/girlfriend think about all of your rants?

My wife doesn't understand it either. She get especially mad with the whipped guys. She doesn't understand why a woman would do that, and not let her man enjoy a night out on the town. My wife is great, and she is a bigger Sabres fan than me!

LOL!!

Lets see:

1. you love The Bills

2. you like to drink beer

3. you have a good sense of humor

4. you did good on the manlaw quiz

I would have to say the problem isn't one of your making!

Yeah, like I said earlier...just venting a little. You guys on this board always give a little "hometown" advice. Thanks.

I have lived in NC for just over two years now, and it has been impossible to make friends with the guys that are around here. Now most of the guys in my neighborhood are not NC natives, they are transplants from NY,NJ,OH, and other areas. But the couple of times I have met a guy with common interests, it just goes south...quick. One guy turned out to be a raging alcoholic, even pissing himself the last time we went out. Another guy is sooooo whipped that we can't even go to a movie without his wife calling 4-5 times in a 3 hour period. They either want to go out and get laid or trashed. There seems to be no middle of the road. One guy pulled out his bible and started preaching at me in the middle of Hooters. Has the whole world gone nuts? Sorry...just a rant.

You can always go to the PPP for the non-stop game if "messy cookies" they play! :wallbash:

Yeah, like I said earlier...just venting a little. You guys on this board always give a little "hometown" advice. Thanks.

Play golf. Several of my freinds and I keep a common bond over golf. Not into drinking alot, watch a game together on occassion, but golf is a good social thing. Being down in NC you are in the hotbed of golf. Maybe you don't like golf, but give it a chance. You'll find a lot of nice folks and really gentlemen who drink a few beers who are at least not so kitty wiped that they can get out usually once a week for a round.

She doesn't understand why a woman would do that, and not let her man enjoy a night out on the town.

Probably because a lot of guys equate night on the town to sticking your meat rocket into another womans orafice. At least the guys I work with do.

Is there a NC Bills Backers Group? Check the Bills website. I met a ton of folks thru the NYC Bills Backers.

Also, VA brings up golf. Golf is a great way to meet people. I generally play a lot here in the summer, with probably 2/3 of the rounds by myself. I get paired with different people each time. Great way to meet people.

I don't know where Concord, NC is, but it sounds like you are in some type of suburban development, not the most social place. Is there a central downtown area with lots of bars/restaurants/shopping. That may be the place to live.

Also, do you go right home after work? Maybe stopping for a drink at different local hotspots would be a good thing. I've met many people this way, and found some great places I never would have known about.

Just a few suggestions from someone who moved to NYC and met a whole bunch of new people.

Is there a NC Bills Backers Group? Check the Bills website. I met a ton of folks thru the NYC Bills Backers.

Also, VA brings up golf. Golf is a great way to meet people. I generally play a lot here in the summer, with probably 2/3 of the rounds by myself. I get paired with different people each time. Great way to meet people.

I don't know where Concord, NC is, but it sounds like you are in some type of suburban development, not the most social place. Is there a central downtown area with lots of bars/restaurants/shopping. That may be the place to live.

Also, do you go right home after work? Maybe stopping for a drink at different local hotspots would be a good thing. I've met many people this way, and found some great places I never would have known about.

Just a few suggestions from someone who moved to NYC and met a whole bunch of new people.

Great idea!! That should help him.

Thank you for the ideas.