Biggest bust of the 2007 Draft?

Mikie2times

Better than Vince 5 years from now? I want some of what you're smoking.

Adrian Peterson fumbles? When?

There is so much misinformation int his thread its sickening.

HAHA yeah I think that this season will really show what VY is gonna do as a pro QB. I still think he's far from a good passer, and this off season will allow for DCs to prep for him through game film a little bit more. If he comes out and excels next season as a passer then I will have been 100% wrong about VY in the NFL.

I nominate Adrian Peterson for my biggest bust of the 2007 draft.

In 2004 Peterson started all 13 games, 2005 he started 7, and in 2006 he started 6. Two out of the three years he hasn’t even played half an NFL season. I’m not going to analyze how he got injured; just simply pointing out that he’s been injured a lot.

Regardless of his injury history his running style won’t help his durability in the pros, or the transition he will make from the college game. Peterson will fight for yards and take on a lot of extra contact. His great strength allows him to drag defenders and break tackles without lowering his pads. In college he could do this and keep his eyes up field, utilizing his speed to break so many long runs. In the pro’s it just won’t work like that, and those additional hits will wear on his 6’2 frame. People naturally think he’s a good between the tackles runner but he’s more of a stretch play home run type, that doesn’t know how to get you 3 or 4 yards consistently. In the pros he has to know how to get 4 yards instead of trying for 50 and getting a loss.

Overall I just see some serious injury concerns, and a large style transition Peterson must overcome to be a franchise back. I don’t think he can be a guy that will survive 5 years from now as a full time starter. He will make some highlight reels but will never live up to the expectations.

Runner Up- Brady Quinn

actually Peterson is a victim of the Maurice Clarett rule--if wa allowed to come out after his freshman year he probaly goes in top three picks and is now a pro bowl running back, but after two years of getting beat up against 8 or 9 in the box with no offensive line and a team with no quarterback he now is a risky pick.

i'm gonna get flamed for saying this, but i think Okoye won't live up to the hype

Agreed. At the very least, all the fears that he might be gone before 12 strikes me as unfounded. He's a good player but not a freak in terms of size and other measurables. In fact, he's on the small side. He'll be there for our taking if we want him.