Fitzgerald to the Vikings?

The Tomcat

Citing the St. Paul Pioneer Press, SI.com reports there is speculation the Minnesota Vikings might attempt to trade their No. 7 overall draft choice this year plus additional compensation to acquire Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald this offseason.

Fantasy Impact: Interesting. Fitz would be a huge upgrade at receiver for the Vikings, but we aren't so sure the Cardinals would part with him.

Why would they want to trade him...he and Boldon are an incredible 1-2 punch.

Yeah and we could offer Indy the 12th pick overall, as well as part ownership of the team for Peyton Manning.

..... doesn't mean it's going to happen.

plus future consideration.....I just cant believe its even discussed. I guess everyone has a pricetag...just depends if anyone will buy it at that price.

Fitzgerald is from Minneapolis--Fez might know for sure--but I believe his dad is a sportswriter there...that's the only reason why this might have even remote credibility...

I remember reading that the elder Fitzgerald and Denny Green are very close..Young Fitz may be ticked at the Cards for firing Denny

Citing the St. Paul Pioneer Press, SI.com reports there is speculation the Minnesota Vikings might attempt to trade their No. 7 overall draft choice this year plus additional compensation to acquire Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald this offseason.

Fantasy Impact: Interesting. Fitz would be a huge upgrade at receiver for the Vikings, but we aren't so sure the Cardinals would part with him.

Why would they want to trade him...he and Boldon are an incredible 1-2 punch.

just because Minnesota is willing to trade for one of the best WR in the league doesn't mean that Arizona isn't laughing at them for attempting it. besides, what good would having a guy like Fitzgerald do for the Vikings if they don't have a guy who can get him the ball??? dumb rumor!!!

just because Minnesota is willing to trade for one of the best WR in the league doesn't mean that Arizona isn't laughing at them for attempting it. besides, what good would having a guy like Fitzgerald do for the Vikings if they don't have a guy who can get him the ball??? dumb rumor!!!

In the NFC West.

But certainly Fitz & agent would negotiate a hefty price...possibly more than if the Vikes tapped a rookie in the draft with other favorable contract terms.