Global Warming very likely man made

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The scientists wrote the report based on years of peer-reviewed research and government officials edited it with an eye toward the required unanimous approval by world governments.

Yeah, I'm sure the final product is good science...

it is probably natural variation and a little man made as well. What was the excuse when all the glaciers melted? The cave men were burning too many fires---sorry Geico man.

"Global warming...so easy, a caveman can do it."

"I don't think I'm exactly in love with your tone..."

CO2 has been increasing steadily since 1900. The report suggests that Global warming is directly linked to CO2 concentrations. If this is true then why was the planet getting colder from 1900-1980’s as CO2 emissions where booming during this period?

It’s very difficult to separate the politics from this issue. I do believe the planet is warming, no mystery there, but what’s causing it is still up for grabs. KNOW ONE has proven that there is a CO2 relationship or even a correlation to global warming.

CO2 has been increasing steadily since 1900. The report suggests that Global warming is directly linked to CO2 concentrations. If this is true then why was the planet getting colder from 1900-1980’s as CO2 emissions where booming during this period?

Because it's global warrming!

I'm sure Al gore would be interested in this little tidbit:

"The Chinese delegation was resistant to strong wording on global warming, said Barbados delegate Leonard Fields and others. China has increasingly turned to fossil fuels for its huge and growing energy needs."

But it's all OUR fault, right?

:lol:

"The Chinese delegation was resistant to strong wording on global warming, said Barbados delegate Leonard Fields and others. China has increasingly turned to fossil fuels for its huge and growing energy needs."

Yes, it's all our fault and that's exactly what everyone's been saying.

or, Take 2:

We are world leaders, why don't we start acting like a leading nation and do something cutting edge, and lead the way out of the fossil fuel mess? It's much better than taking the juvenile approach of complaining that things are unfair. If we have eliminated our fossil fuel consumption while nations like China and Russia and Iran are stuck in first gear trying to figure out how to support their countries on limited resources, better for America, innit?

If you take the word "our" to mean "human", then yes. Maybe, just maybe, some look at this from a global, human perspective, rather than a US interest perspective. But that wouldn't square with the right-wing driven hate machine intent on demonizing Al Gore.

I have a problem with the newest report- first it says the problem is CAUSED by man, then it says it is merely sped up. The it says nothing can be done to slow it down.

First off, there shouldn't be so much interpretation om caused or sped up- do what you can to not speed up or cause.

Second, common sense dictates there are immediate means to slow it down, and I don't need a guy wearing a lab coat to tell me that

or, Take 2:

We are world leaders, why don't we start acting like a leading nation and do something cutting edge, and lead the way out of the fossil fuel mess? It's much better than taking the juvenile approach of complaining that things are unfair. If we have eliminated our fossil fuel consumption while nations like China and Russia and Iran are stuck in first gear trying to figure out how to support their countries on limited resources, better for America, innit?

Sounds like Hillary's the candidate for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1PfE9K8j0g

Sounds like Hillary's the candidate for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1PfE9K8j0g

In that soundnibble, Hillary made it sound like she'd take away all the profits that companies like Exxon are earning, and would put those profits into a giant research fund. You can't just confiscate corporate profits wholesale like that; without undermining the basis of a free market economy. Comments like those make her seem very scary for business, which will make it harder for her to be elected.

In that soundnibble, Hillary made it sound like she'd take away all the profits that companies like Exxon are earning, and would put those profits into a giant research fund. You can't just confiscate corporate profits wholesale like that; without undermining the basis of a free market economy. Comments like those make her seem very scary for business, which will make it harder for her to be elected.

lol, how could it get harder than impossible