Anyone know anything about Sidney Rice

Git'er Done

SC Alum here.

Rice disappeared in some games this year, but that could have been due to instability at QB and some nagging injuries (ankle and hand this year). His Freshman year was better than his Soph year, IMHO.

Has good hands, great speed and vertical jumping ability. Will be an immediate red zone threat. He singlehandedly kept the Gamecocks in some games, including at Tennessee and vs. Florida.

I think he's taller than 6'2" listed. I think he's closer to 6'4" and about 200 lbs.

SC Alum here.

Rice disappeared in some games this year, but that could have been due to instability at QB and some nagging injuries (ankle and hand this year). His Freshman year was better than his Soph year, IMHO.

Has good hands, great speed and vertical jumping ability. Will be an immediate red zone threat. He singlehandedly kept the Gamecocks in some games, including at Tennessee and vs. Florida.

I think he's taller than 6'2" listed. I think he's closer to 6'4" and about 200 lbs.

I agree with this post. I bet alot of college football & I have watched SC play probably 10 - 11 times the last 2 seasons. I have seen Rice disappear in games but I have also seen him single handily keep his team in a football game which is not easy to do @ the WR position. This guy is an amazing athlete, he even played a little QB @ SC. If he is on the board when the bills are ready to make their 2nd round selection(which I highly doubt) I wouldnt think twice about grabbing him. Taking him at the 12 slot is a bit of a reach.

:unsure: I watched him many times over the past two years. He is big, fast, a leaper and with very good hands. Look at his stats against some very good SEC teams! He dominated games, even when double-teamed. He would be a great addition, and not too big a stretch at #12. However, like others, I believe we have greater needs. With improved offensive line play (protection for JP) the WRs we already have (like Price and Parish) should have more time to get downfield, have better stats, and take some of the heat off of Evans.

Here are some Sidney Rice plays I found on Youtube.com.......enjoy!

Nice!

The Bills could really use a guy that can pull the ball down in a crowd (not Lee Evans specialty,I love Lee tho). I would be surprised if the Bills picked him, but if they REALLY like him personally, and think that he stands out as a perfect fit for the team (I'm not gonna use the term "character" because that word seems to mean something different to everyone), and think he will be a consumate pro they might take him.

The Bills are trying to draft guys that will set high standards for any new incoming players, THAT is a big reason they drafted Whitner, they believe he has the right attitude to be a good pro/teammate. The more guys they get that have that attitude, the higher the demands on new players, they see guys that take the job seriously and will feel compelled to do the same.

The Bills are gonna target a few guys that "fit the BILL" and position themselves to get those guys (trading up, or more likely down, to get them). I think this means more to them than the specific position the guy plays (they won't draft a safety or a QB with the first pick, but pretty much any other position could end up the first pick (methinks)

And as I said before, the Bill will draft a JUNIOR (or maybe I should say "they won't draft a Senior).

I saw that this guy is coming out early, wondered if anyone has seen him play, etc.

The Bills will draft a Junior (maybe even a sophomore). Pin it up!

It will be very tough for the Bills to draft a sophomore as college football players are not eligible to enter the draft until after their junior season.

It will be very tough for the Bills to draft a sophomore as college football players are not eligible to enter the draft until after their junior season.

Sidney Rice is an eligible Sophomore (because this post was about Sidney, I felt compelled to add the "maybe even a Sophomore "part because no doubt someone would have pointed that out :thumbsup: )

OR three years removed from high school, whichever comes first. And since He was either redshirted (edit - he was redshirted) or went to an academy, he's eligible and declared for the draft.

So he's a Redshirt Sophmore in terms of eligibility.

OR three years removed from high school, whichever comes first. And since He was either redshirted (edit - he was redshirted) or went to an academy, he's eligible and declared for the draft.

So he's a Redshirt Sophmore in terms of eligibility.

Yeah SACTOBILLSFAN :thumbsup:

he's charlie Rogers with passion, Holtz said he had the best hands in college football, I've seen him play only 3 times, but if he falls into the 2nd, we should grab him, but I think he's a mid 1st rounder.

I think the Bills strategy is to target certain players (underclassmen, the first 4 picks last year were Juniors, not a coincidence) and try to position themselves to get them. If the player isn't a #12 pick but they feel he is the right guy they might move down. Has anyone heard anything about Rice's personality (not "character", that word should be banned, it has too many interpetations).

Like Most WR's his draft status will be highly influenced by his testing #'s but I defintly think he has higher top end speed than Jarret. Factor in his youth and I would put him as the #2 Wide reciever prospect behind Cal Johnson although I think most boards have him as the #4 reciever. No way he falls to the second round.