The Chargers

I actually found myself switching to root for the Pats around the 4th quarter because I was so disgusted with the stupidity and thuggery of the Chargers. They completely shat the bed, and would have won easily if they ran LT more. Between D. Jackson on seattle who drops 2/game minimum, and the SD receivers especially the 6'5" jackass (fletcher?) I saw more balls dropping than at the playboy mansion. I expected more mistakes from Rivers, but he was very composed, and actually impressive. His Pick was a superb play by Colvin (and that should have been a 15 yard facemask in my opinion) They didn't deserve to win, and they didn't deserve my support. (I was also watching with 2 Pats fans...) I thought the refs were involved in a lot of key plays, but they actually got them right. They could've called a lot more holding on the pats against Merriman, but that is true any week. They actually missed a few that should've gone for the Pats. Maybe SD is the new darling of the refs. I am now resigned to accepting another Pats SB win, unless NO can pull it out.

By the way----did anyone see the M. Harrison "catch" and fumble saturday??? It was even reviewed and they upheld it. Bizarre. The have consistantly called that incomplete all year except for that one.....They correctly called 2 incomplete in tonights game.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wouldn't call this a typical Pats game. Brady had four turnovers (three interceptions and a fumble) which was shocking to me. They were practically begging to get beaten today but the Chargers choked so many times that it's still hard to comprehend the incompetant play and coaching flubs. The Pats had 51 rushing yards while LT had almost 200 yards combined rushing and receiving, yet he doesn't even touch the ball in a key three and out series towards the end of the game. In the end, the Pats had to escape so many choke jobs by the Chargers, before Brady eventually became Brady again, that I lay the outcome of this game at the feet of the Chargers. The Pats were just there for the ride today.

You're right, I overstated. Their approach still was the same, I think; wait for the other team to make mistakes, etc., but the Pats were about as sloppy themselves as I've seen. They were just fortunate that the Chargers were so, so much worse.

Dave McBride, good points about the Pats baiting the Chargers into throwing to their receivers. It is absolutely inexcusable that Tomlinson did not have 30+ carries in this game.