This DT from Louisville,...

BoondckCL

Okoye or something like that?

Now it is said that he is 19 years old and he is entering the NFL?

I think a lot of people are going about this in terms of the idea that he may be good for a long time because he is so young. But does anyone really know anything about him?

Now this is based solely on his name, since i am one who is man enough to admit that i know nothing about this kid. Was he born in this country? Because if not, who is to say that he really is 19? Danny Almonte anybody?

Just a thought for you to think about. Comments? Answers?

Only seen his Bowl game vs. Wake Forest so I admit I know little about him. But from what I hear he is VERY strong for his age, which will be 20 when he is drafted by whomever it may be. Looked pretty dominant in the only game I saw but the thing that is really intriging is he has all around DT potential: Run stopping and ability to collapse the pocket, something NO DT on our roster can do. Now, I don't know if this kid will be able to display all these abilities as a rookie, but potentially great all-around DT's are rare. I'd be willing to take a few more stopping the run lumps if our staff felt he'd be worth the wait and could eventually solve these problems. Hopefully we get a RG in free agency so we can actually run the ball ourselves!!!

Okoye or something like that?

Now it is said that he is 19 years old and he is entering the NFL?

I think a lot of people are going about this in terms of the idea that he may be good for a long time because he is so young. But does anyone really know anything about him?

Now this is based solely on his name, since i am one who is man enough to admit that i know nothing about this kid. Was he born in this country? Because if not, who is to say that he really is 19? Danny Almonte anybody?

Just a thought for you to think about. Comments? Answers?

He's been a regular player and 2 year starter for a major program that plays better than half it's games on ESPN every year. The casual NCAA fan has probably seen more of him than anybody that plays at a bigger school like Texas, which doesn't play those weeknight prime time games. Who knows if they lied about his age, his family moved here from Nigeria when he was 12 and his mother was an educator so it's not unrealistic that he was prepared for high school already.

He's strong and athletic, BUT how's his character? Does have the will to learn like the players we got last year. (Whitner, Simpson, Williams, and Pennington mostly)

Cadet, you have just brought one hell of a question to my mind with yours.

So this kid has been big all of his life, right? Who is to say that he has developed the propper techniques over the years, and utilizes them to his strength, rather than using his strength and size as his key tool in his game play?

Thanks for the links Lori, work ethic, willingness to be coached, and character definitely don't seem to be a concern with this kid. I can't wait for his combine workout #s come out, especially his lifting #s. I'm just curious what he can lift at his age, even though as we have learned, these do not always make a good football player, right Leif Larson?

im pretty sure he lived in africa thru his childhood. if thats true, i think surviving there, moving to the US, graduating high school early and playing 4 years at the Div1 level for Louisville all before he is 20... thats enough character building for me to be convinced.

sure he could be a bust, but i think he is a freak of nature(in a good way). in the next few years he'll have the man's body of a seasoned veteran with the resilience of a 22 year old...

or he'll be a huge bust... who knows? its the draft.

I don't like the idea of picking Okoye.

He had an average-good college career. The intriguing thing about him is his upside. He could be something really special or he could be a flop. Either way, he's VERY green and it would take some time before he starts making a big impact.

He's a project and I don't like drafting projects. Especially when we already have a bunch of them in the middle. I think DT is something that shouldn't be addressed in the First Round unless Alan Branch is there.

I'm honestly more interested in seeing if DeMarcus Tyler will be there in Round 2 (most assume he will be picked after Branch, Okoye, and Quinn Pitcock). I think it would give him and McCargo a better chance to flourish together just as they did in college.