Sabres last night at Chicago

OnTheRocks

It was fun listening to RJ call the name "RUUUUUTUUU!" last night.

Brought back some good memories.

Miller 34 saves! :thumbsup:

Looked like 35 saves to me. I don't see how that puck went in at the end of the game, and none of the replays showed the puck in the net (although the camera work was crappy).

Looked like 35 saves to me. I don't see how that puck went in at the end of the game, and none of the replays showed the puck in the net (although the camera work was crappy).

Saw an overhead on the postgame- the original shot hit the post, came out and went through Miller's legs, then hit his stick and went back through his legs and into the net. Definitely crossed the line by about a foot before the defender swept it back underneath Miller.

I was at the game sitting right next to the net. Shot hit the post and then hit Miller in the back and bounced just over the line kind of underneath him. It was very tough to see it even on the replay.

I think that is the 2nd time Miller has lost a SHO in the last minute of the game (last time was against the Devils on a bad call)...

I think that is the 2nd time Miller has lost a SHO in the last minute of the game (last time was against the Devils on a bad call)...

Devils, and the most recent Canes game was another one. I think the Canes beat him with a minute-and-change left.

Saw an overhead on the postgame- the original shot hit the post, came out and went through Miller's legs, then hit his stick and went back through his legs and into the net. Definitely crossed the line by about a foot before the defender swept it back underneath Miller.

Ok, well that makes me feel better then. The replays during the game showed nothing.

I guess that's why the Sabres weren't protesting too much.

The name Ruuuuuuuutuuu brings up good memories? I only remember the year he was our second line center and scored all of two goals all year. I believe he was later traded to Chicago

the good memories wasn't so much about the player, as it was the era.

The name Ruuuuuuuutuuu brings up good memories? I only remember the year he was our second line center and scored all of two goals all year. I believe he was later traded to Chicago

Yes, he was traded to Chicago along with someone else whose name escapes me at the moment in exchange for the Dominator!

Listened to part of it on the way home from another Bonnies loss, before catching the end on MSG.

You sure that wasn't a home game? Certainly sounded like it when Buffalo scored their second goal... :flirt:

the good memories wasn't so much about the player, as it was the era.

Exactly... Christian played for the Sabres... Tuomo plays for the 'Hawks now... I guess it is a popular last name in Finland?

On another note this is why I hate Wiki... Conflicting stories... Which one is the actual? Does anybody know?

Also during the 1992-93 NHL season, the Sabres executed what probably was the most important trade in team history, and acquired goaltender Dominik Hašek from the Chicago Blackhawks for Stephane Beauregard and a 1993 fourth-round draft pick (Eric Daze).

Ruuttu began the 1992-93 playing for the Chicago Blackhawks after being traded for goaltender Dominik Hasek in what is now considered to be one of the most lopsided trades in sport history.

?? Or was it all rolled into one trade??