Anyone have a 1994 Honda Accord?

Buftex

I could fill a phone book with what I don't know about cars. I am having a problem with my 1994 Honda Accord.

On the dash board, where the indicators are (the indicators that highlight the gear you are in, or whether you are in park, neutural, reverse, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear) the "D4" light is blinking on and off. I just noticed it yesterday, and, also noticed that my front driver side headlight was out.

I have owned this car for almost 5 years (about 145,000 miles) and have never had any real problems with it until the last few weeks.

A few days before Christmas, the starter went. I took it in to get it fixed, and while they were fixing it, they broke my radiator. The mechanic fully admitted he broke it, they replaced it at no extra charge. It seemed to be running fine for a few days, but then the front right headlight went out. I tried to figure out how to tighten it, and in the process, it came back on. It got to the point where every time I started the car, I had to go and tap the front headlight, to get it to come on. I figured it had a short, and it intended to have it fixed this coming weekend. The strange thing is, this headlight has gone out on me three times in 5 years, while my right headlight has never gone out in the time I have owned the car.

My concern is the blinking light. I don't have a manual for the car, and have been able to find any reference to this on-line. Anyone else ever have this happen? Do I have a lot to worry about with this problem? Anyone have any insight? Thanks for taking the time to read this...

I could fill a phone book with what I don't know about cars. I am having a problem with my 1994 Honda Accord.

On the dash board, where the indicators are (the indicators that highlight the gear you are in, or whether you are in park, neutural, reverse, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear) the "D4" light is blinking on and off. I just noticed it yesterday, and, also noticed that my front driver side headlight was out.

I have owned this car for almost 5 years (about 145,000 miles) and have never had any real problems with it until the last few weeks.

A few days before Christmas, the starter went. I took it in to get it fixed, and while they were fixing it, they broke my radiator. The mechanic fully admitted he broke it, they replaced it at no extra charge. It seemed to be running fine for a few days, but then the front right headlight went out. I tried to figure out how to tighten it, and in the process, it came back on. It got to the point where every time I started the car, I had to go and tap the front headlight, to get it to come on. I figured it had a short, and it intended to have it fixed this coming weekend. The strange thing is, this headlight has gone out on me three times in 5 years, while my right headlight has never gone out in the time I have owned the car.

My concern is the blinking light. I don't have a manual for the car, and have been able to find any reference to this on-line. Anyone else ever have this happen? Do I have a lot to worry about with this problem? Anyone have any insight? Thanks for taking the time to read this...

I've no idea about the blinking "D4" indicator. It's hard to think it's any sort of warning signal. 145K is a lot of miles - and a lot of vibration and temperature cycling. Maybe something on the panel circuit board is starting to fail?

Re: The left headlight: Sure sounds like some sort of failing connection, either mechanical or electrical. Perhaps an intermittent short. Or a failing connector.

In the auto corrosion biz, there are patterns of damage and failure. The left side of the vehicle takes a greater beating than the right, because as the vehicle is driven, it gets hit by spray, slop, debris, stones etc. generated by the oncoming traffic. Result being that it spends more time undergoing potential corrosive, wet conditions than the RH side. The right hand side, however tends towards more lower body corrosion - because of the crown, a vehicle parked on the road is slightly canted towards the curb, so the collection and retainment of moisture is incrementally higher than the LH side - resulting in more rot-outs of rocker boxes, door bottoms, and inner/outer fender weldments and flanges.\

Did you check the turn signal fluid on the left side?

On the dash board, where the indicators are (the indicators that highlight the gear you are in, or whether you are in park, neutural, reverse, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear) the "D4" light is blinking on and off.

Your car's on-board computer has detected a problem with your transmission. It has left a code to be retrieved, and the blinking is a signal that there is a code. You have to take it to a shop to have them get the code out. Or you could try Autozone, they may be able to do it. That code translates into what the problem is

Your car's on-board computer has detected a problem with your transmission. It has left a code to be retrieved, and the blinking is a signal that there is a code. You have to take it to a shop to have them get the code out. Or you could try Autozone, they may be able to do it. That code translates into what the problem is

Thats true, Autozone generally will read the codes for free. The question is whether they have the right connection for the 1994 model.

The D4 may be blinking due to the faultly wiring affecting your headlight. Is you speedometer jumping at all?

I am hoping it is something more along those lines. My speedometer seems to be working fine, in fact the car is running fine (as far as it feels), other than the headlight...

Thanks for your input guys! No time to take care of it right now, but I will let you all know what it turns out to be...I sure hope it isn't the transmission!

These other suggestions are off the wall. A 94 has the OBD1 system, (on board diagnostics one). OBD2 is on newer cars where you plug into a computer. You should actually be able to continuously turn your ignition key where a light will flash on your dash, the sequence or number of counts will relate to a code identifying your problem. Go to Autozone, they'll at least retrieve the code for you

On the dash board, where the indicators are (the indicators that highlight the gear you are in, or whether you are in park, neutural, reverse, 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear) the "D4" light is blinking on and off.

So what's the end of the story???