Mike Greenberg would take Brady over Montana

Willis990

Assinine? How about addressing my points rather than calling names? With the speed of the defenses now I don't see pure pocket passers like Brady being able to hang on - hence IMO they are done. Maybe you can explain the three picks and 57 passer rating to me - don't forget I am a retard so you will have to speak slowly :thumbsup:

it's called being pushed to the limit by an outstanding team who threw everything they had at him and were in his face all day...and he STILL came through with the game on the line. imo, anyone who doesn't at least mention brady when talking about the the best QBs ever is incapable of objectivity.

...which, as a bills fan, i do sort of respect. but still...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, tuck rule, missed field goals, ridiculous ref calls(ones that we never see again), comes to mind -- that wasn't luck? Did u just watch that game? Are u telling me that the Patriots beat the Chargers - or did the Chargers beat themselves and the Patriots just happen to be on the other sideline? How ignorant are we again?

12-1 in the playoffs. Occasionally, you get some breaks. Want to rewatch the "Comeback"? You think the Bills just came out and kicked the Oilers' ass in the 2nd half. Reed stepped out of bounds by 2 feet, came back in and caught a TD. Darryl Talley destroyed a WR to get an INT. Stuff happens. And it happens more to good teams.

Assinine? How about addressing my points rather than calling names? With the speed of the defenses now I don't see pure pocket passers like Brady being able to hang on - hence IMO they are done. Maybe you can explain the three picks and 57 passer rating to me - don't forget I am a retard so you will have to speak slowly :thumbdown:

Hey OC,

I don't think GM's see it the same, as Vick will be traded by next season and they are going w. Schaub (Pure pocket passer).

Firstly greeny would rather take it up the ying yang. Montana is so much better than Brady will ever be

I won't even think about it....if Greenberg goes w/Brady, then I easily pick Montana. Both Mikes are morons

right on - now instead of Brady getting credit for losing the game he's gonna get credit for winning. There is no way in hell Brady is better than Montana. This game proves that clearly. 3 picks? 3 picks in a playoff game = better than Joe Montana? Would the late 80's Dallas or Giants have fumbled away an interception? No fuggin way. The positive for us? This simply means that the Patriots will fall farther next year. From what I've seen they are done. In fact - I think the Colts are gonna smoke them because they finally have a defense.

Please don't ignore the post by Lurker two posts above you which is fatal to your argument.

Brady has had to play with such a rag-tag bunch of WR's, that I'd go w/ Brady in heartbeat. At least Montana had a HOF guy in Jerry Rice and another playmaker like John Taylor.

Jerry Rice, not just a HOFer, but widely regarded as the best or one of the 3 best players in NFL history. He's got just about every receiver record there is.

He holds the records for yards, TDs, and receptions--not to mention a crapload of others.

Montana also ran the pass-happy West Coast offense in an era when people didn't know how to defend it yet.

I hate Brady. I wish he played elsewhere. But there's no denying that the guy is an amazingly consistent QB, even when surrounded with lackluster talent.

Excellent point. Give the Pats credit for their titles, but have they beaten a single great team in the past 5 years?

The NFC of Montana's era had some dominating teams going up against each other every year in the playoffs.

Yes, the NFC of that era had dominating teams before the salary cap era, but the reason that the SF team was so great was they had either the largest or second largest payroll every year that Montana played for them. The only other team in the NFC that came up with as much salary was the cowboys, and when the Salary Cap era was instituted, the 49'rs were stuck with a bunch of older players (including Montana), and no way of signing new blood. That is why Young was finally given the qb job, and Montana was shipped off to KC. It is a tribute to Young that he was able to win for several years with the old team he had around him.