Smell Of Gas In Midtown Manhattan

Bill from NYC

I don't know about you, but if I'm sitting at work and smell a thick gas odor I'm not sitting around trying to figure out what it is.

Damn right. I had that happen at work last year. A pipe outside the building started leaking gas and it got sucked through the ventilation system. First hint of it I was outside in about two seconds. You don't mess around with gas smells in buildings.

bull sh--. New Yorkers are some of the most resilient people on the planet. When the powergrid went down people went to bars, had fun and banded together- there was no looting-which would be the case in many other citys

I was without power for 10 days and had to put up with all the bull sh-- that COn Ed was feeding me. You're right...no looting. But there was an increased police presence in the area with multiple mobile command RV's in plain view, so I think that may of had something to do with the lack of crime. In NO after Katrina, cops evacuated their families which led to crime.

listening to the stern wrap up show????? :rolleyes:

nope, don't like Howard much (his whining when he was ending his non satelite radio show and bitching about the CBS guy annoyed me too much)

I also refuse to pay for Radio, I'll live through commercials (which some satelite stations have), and listen to cd's

bull sh--. New Yorkers are some of the most resilient people on the planet. When the powergrid went down people went to bars, had fun and banded together- there was no looting-which would be the case in many other citys

New Yorkers also eat 2-6 Avocados a day!

On my way to work today I went past the dead bird stuff. By 9:15 AM they only had half a block of congress blocked off. I didn't even know what was wrong till like noon.

It didn't seem like nearly as big of a story as the media made it. Surprise, surprise.

Further proof that people in NYC will panic over anything.

It's hard to beat the people of NYC for being great. I don't think 11+ million people live in such harmony anywhere else on the planet. It's an amazing place. And I never heard panic yesterday. Just concern. 9-11 was the true measure of the character of NYC and it got an A+: Few cowards, multitudes of heroes.

Sorry for the over-seriousness of the reply, but even though I don't live there, I love it.