Schobel overlooked?

scribo

I am pretty sure Aaron has sacked Marsha Brady more than anyone else. Am I right?

Well, Tom Jackson said today, as he introduced Jason Taylor in studio, that Taylor holds that honor. He later said Taylor has sacked Brady 8 or 8.5 times (I don't remember which). I was just wondering if any one else saw/heard that, and whether I am correct in that Schobel's accomplishment was overlooked?

Of course, Chris Berman saved the day for the show, naming Frank Reich the greatest QB ever for the Wildcard Round (for his performance in The Comeback). He then named Moulds one of the greatest skill position players for the Wildcard Round (for his performance against the stinkin' fish back when Flutie was under center).

I am pretty sure Aaron has sacked Marsha Brady more than anyone else. Am I right?

Well, Tom Jackson said today, as he introduced Jason Taylor in studio, that Taylor holds that honor. He later said Taylor has sacked Brady 8 or 8.5 times (I don't remember which). I was just wondering if any one else saw/heard that, and whether I am correct in that Schobel's accomplishment was overlooked?

Of course, Chris Berman saved the day for the show, naming Frank Reich the greatest QB ever for the Wildcard Round (for his performance in The Comeback). He then named Moulds one of the greatest skill position players for the Wildcard Round (for his performance against the stinkin' fish back when Flutie was under center).

From Bills Digest Page with Chris Brown:

BEST 'I OWN YOU' MATCHUP: Aaron Schobel vs. Matt Light - Schobel had two more sacks Sunday and now has more sacks of Tom Brady than any other player in the NFL (10.5). He also had a pair of QB hits and a forced fumble. He makes Matt Light look like a turnstile.

BEST 'I OWN YOU' MATCHUP: Aaron Schobel vs. Matt Light - Schobel had two more sacks Sunday and now has more sacks of Tom Brady than any other player in the NFL (10.5). He also had a pair of QB hits and a forced fumble. He makes Matt Light look like a turnstile.

however Jason Taylor has more victories over tom brady

CBS also said that with today's start, Pennington has the most playoff experience of any Jets QB EVER. Is that correct? More than Namath?

Namath only played in three playoff games with the Jets, two of which came in the year they beat the Colts. Infact over his 12 year NFL career he only lead the Jets to three seasons over .500 and is partly why many consider him vastly overrated.

CBS also said that with today's start, Pennington has the most playoff experience of any Jets QB EVER. Is that correct? More than Namath?

Outside of the SB year, I think the Jets only had one other playoff game in Namath's era. They were usually a doormat team, even with Joe Willie. Plus, back then it was 2 rounds of playoffs, not 4.

leave it to that jerkoff tom jackson to get his facts wrong AGAIN. Espn has devolved into a sorry state full of cartoon characters and meathead ex-players who have no business getting on tv and actually talking. Im sick of the bills (even its individual players) getting no goddamn love ever (except from berman, the network's only saving grace).

leave it to that jerkoff tom jackson to get his facts wrong AGAIN. Espn has devolved into a sorry state full of cartoon characters and meathead ex-players who have no business getting on tv and actually talking. Im sick of the bills (even its individual players) getting no goddamn love ever (except from berman, the network's only saving grace).

If Berman was a saving grace he'd know Schobel was the one with the record. Truth be hold he's as big as a meat heahead ex player.

It was a taylor love-fest today. In the minds of that cast, the only DE in the AFC East are Taylor and Seymour, and even he gets overlooked from time-to-time. Taylor gets a lot of credit for his work against Brady because the QB has so many Dolphins-related issues.

It was a taylor love-fest today. In the minds of that cast, the only DE in the AFC East are Taylor and Seymour, and even he gets overlooked from time-to-time. Taylor gets a lot of credit for his work against Brady because the QB has so many Dolphins-related issues.

Seyour wasn't overlooked the day Cris Carter did his little sob story about how his crazed father stalked his hysterical girlfriend down the street, shot her in the back several times, killing her, then blew his own brains onto the asphalt. Cut to Seymour: "uhh, its weird cuz i know he did it, but i can't believe he did it" Cut to Carter praising Seymour for...i really couldn't figure out what. Being on the patriots? yeah thats got to be it.

I give berman his props for actually being a vet who carved out a distinctive niche for himself which all later SC analysts have subsequently aped, quite unseuccessfully. And I will bet Berman knew Jackson dead wrong about the record, but didn't want to correct the dunce and embarass him on the air.

JACKED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerkoff Tom Jackson - will that make the ESPN nickname show?

In Berman's defense, he wasn't on the set when Jackson gave the bad info. Jackson was on the mini-football field. I actually got the impression that all the guys realized almost instantly that Jackson had just said something that hadn't been researched, like he just assumed it, said it and then realized it just might not be true. I'm willing to bet the show's stat guys figured it out instantly but didn't want to embarrass Jackson or bring up something like that while their special guest, Taylor, was right there.