The Size of it All

Is it just me or do the Bills, game after game, look undersized and thus pretty much dominated on both sides of the ball?

I wonder what our record would have been with a Pat Williams-type in the middle of the D line.

I think we all wonder that. They definately need an impact player at DT to have a dominant cover 2 defense. Have to collapse the pocket to get the most out of this defense. They'd still probably not be great against the run, in a simialar one gap defense under GW the Pat Williams/London Fletcher Bills were very poor against the run(pre-Sam Adams). I was pleased today to see them stray from cover 2 today rather than allow a run dominant team to do what they do best. Make no mistake, having Nate Clements out there allows this defense a good deal of flexibility that most cover 2 D's don't have. Hope they don't lose that guy. Anyone else notice that Terrence McGee was back again today too? When they do have to play man-to-man, McGee is a real nice #2. In cover 2....he's a good kick returner.

I think we all wonder that. They definately need an impact player at DT to have a dominant cover 2 defense. Have to collapse the pocket to get the most out of this defense. They'd still probably not be great against the run, in a simialar one gap defense under GW the Pat Williams/London Fletcher Bills were very poor against the run(pre-Sam Adams). I was pleased today to see them stray from cover 2 today rather than allow a run dominant team to do what they do best. Make no mistake, having Nate Clements out there allows this defense a good deal of flexibility that most cover 2 D's don't have. Hope they don't lose that guy. Anyone else notice that Terrence McGee was back again today too? When they do have to play man-to-man, McGee is a real nice #2. In cover 2....he's a good kick returner.

You've had this one nailed for a while now. :wallbash: