Brian Leonard - FB - Rutgers

PIZ

I watched some of the game last night, and I didn't see much from him, but it was mainly because the QB never really looked his way. I think this guy could really open the Bills offense up. He has speed, great hands, and can block. Worth a shot?

Brian Leonard

Seems to be a good player, but perhaps a "luxury" pick for an already well-stocked team...

Seems to be a good player, but perhaps a "luxury" pick for an already well-stocked team...

You read my mind Cincy. If we did not have holes to fill on the OL and DL he would make a great luxury pick. Leonard reminds of of Alstott, except that he is faster and he blocks.

He didn't get nearly as much ball this year as last because Ray Rice became the go to guy. Credit Leonard with sucking it up and being the team guy.

He could go as a high one to a team with no glaring needs. I see him as a solid mid-2. Too bad we have so many needs...he would be a great pickup (I would take him if he was still hanging around in the 3rd round).

You read my mind Cincy. If we did not have holes to fill on the OL and DL he would make a great luxury pick. Leonard reminds of of Alstott, except that he is faster and he blocks.

I really hope we don't have to fill a need. The Bills should fill the OL gaps (RG) and DT through free agency. The Bills haven't had a 3rd down type of a back who was an actual threat since Thurman Thomas. A perfect 3rd and 5 back; I think the 3rd down conversion rate would go way up. He could be the Bills version of Reggie Bush.

I really hope we don't have to fill a need. The Bills should fill the OL gaps (RG) and DT through free agency. The Bills haven't had a 3rd down type of a back who was an actual threat since Thurman Thomas. A perfect 3rd and 5 back; I think the 3rd down conversion rate would go way up. He could be the Bills version of Reggie Bush.

We will definitely have the cap space to do that. But will we spend the money?

I'm sure your expecting this response-but no way do we spend a first round pick on a freakin FB!!!!

As far as the above poster saying Leonard could be our version of Reggie Bush........thats a bit whacked comparing Leonard to Bush.

Let the crazy draft postings begin!!!!

I don't really consider him a FB. I'm not comparing Leonard's ability to Bush's, but I think we could get similar production. I'm saying his role would be the same.

late Second, Third round pick, def top 100. He has the leadership skills Marv likes. Has great hands. I would never mention him in the same breath with Rerggie Bush though. Part of Bush's production comes from being able to line him up in different spots where his speed always forces the defense to account for him. Leonard is going to line up in the backfield for the most part. Leonard reminds me a lot of Rob Konrad moreso than Alstott.

I'm sure your expecting this response-but no way do we spend a first round pick on a freakin FB!!!!

As far as the above poster saying Leonard could be our version of Reggie Bush........thats a bit whacked comparing Leonard to Bush.

Let the crazy draft postings begin!!!!

He is not comparing Leonard to Bush as players. He was comparing the roles that they both play, specifically on 3rd down. Like Bush, Leonard can line up in the backfield and run, or split out and catch the ball.

late Second, Third round pick, def top 100. He has the leadership skills Marv likes. Has great hands. I would never mention him in the same breath with Rerggie Bush though. Part of Bush's production comes from being able to line him up in different spots where his speed always forces the defense to account for him. Leonard is going to line up in the backfield for the most part. Leonard reminds me a lot of Rob Konrad moreso than Alstott.

Bush lines up at RB and WR... if you've seen any of Leonard you would know he does the same.

Bush lines up at RB and WR... if you've seen any of Leonard you would know he does the same.

As an H-Back, Leonard could do the same, maybe not as explosively as Bush, but still versatile. He (to us and really most of the NFL) isn't a first round pick - he's more or less a first day, but not first round. Our first round pick should be something we truly need, a second wideout, a d or o lineman, corner if absolutely necessary, not something we can pick up in the second day or as a UDFA.

Thats a good point, but let me add hes ten times better of an athlete then Alstott.....

I think Leonard is a 3rd round pick, definately a day 1 pick!

One of the main reasons that I doubt the Bills would commit a 1st to an FB (almost regardless of how good he is) is that his singluar talents (as a pro he would likely be need to be utilized as an H-Back in a hybrid O which provides opportunities to get him the ball more and sometimes even lines him up as a slot receiver) is that the Bills have no #2 of a similar skillset to plug in for him when he gets dinged and goes out to recover, to give him a blow occaisionally or if gosh forbid he were to get IR'ed.

The Bills O is not set up to utilize Leonard's skills well and i do not see the Bills altering their O to take advantage of 1 players skills particularly for when the unplanned for happens we are then forced to rely on a Damon Shelton or a Brad Cieslak to make our offense work.

You stole mead's bug! Or did you meet his royalty price (1 case of wine) to use the little guy?

Man, I have tried FOREVER to update my avatar......it just does not let me.....im willing to give up the password for anyone who can help me........i know the size matters (lol) but, ive tried everything to get it to work......i finally just gave up.......the last thing I want is someone same avatar......so any help would be great!!!!!

He is not comparing Leonard to Bush as players. He was comparing the roles that they both play, specifically on 3rd down. Like Bush, Leonard can line up in the backfield and run, or split out and catch the ball.

If that's the case fine.

But rather than waste a pick on Leonard in the first round.....or any early round-

I'd rather take a dynamic halfback- that has to be accounted for by the defense.

Sorry- no matter the hype I don't see Leonard as that player. I would consider taking him in he 4rth round or lower -though.