offseason daydream

CAT

lets assume we keep our key FA, except NC and get 3 quality FA starters. FA: CB,. OG ,DT. Then get a LB, OT,RB in first 3 rounds. Finish up with a WR, FB, and another LB. With that offseason and improvement of our young guys we should be able to get 10 wins and make the playoffs. Then we are 1 or 2 playmakers away from a top 6 team. This is a critical offseason . We need to get much better talent or fan support will plummet. Given a sellers market we need to target and be aggressive in FA . By the way the RB needs to be fast and shifty to supplament a solid but not super WM.

lets assume we keep our key FA, except NC and get 3 quality FA starters.  FA: CB,. OG ,DT.  Then get a LB, OT,RB in first 3 rounds.  Finish up with a WR, FB, and another LB.  With that offseason and improvement of our young guys we should be able to get 10 wins and make the playoffs. Then we are 1 or 2 playmakers away from a top 6 team.  This is a critical offseason .  We need to get much better talent or fan support will plummet.  Given a sellers market we need to target and be aggressive in FA .  By the way the RB needs to be fast and shifty to supplament a solid but not super WM.

877650[/snapback]

Here's a list of the expected UFA available after this offseason. Outside of Nate and Samuel there are few starters out there. The only guys that jump out at me are David Macklin and Tory James.

Bauman, Rashad: UFA Bengals

Buchanon, Phillip UFA Buccaneers

Cash, Chris UFA Falcons

Clements, Nate UFA Bills

Cox, Torrie UFA Buccaneers

Fisher, Travis UFA Rams

Fletcher, Jamar UFA Lions

Groce, DeJuan UFA Saints

Hood, Roderick UFA Eagles

James, Tory UFA Bengals

James, William UFA Eagles

Jimoh, Ade UFA Redskins

Lehan, Michael UFA Dolphins

Macklin, David UFA Cardinals

Manning, Jr., Ricky UFA Bears

McCleon, Dexter UFA Texans

Poteat, Hank UFA Jets

Samuel, Asante UFA Patriots

Sanders, Lewis UFA Texans

Starks, Duane UFA Raiders

Tate, Robert UFA Cardinals

Thomas, Kiwaukee UFA Bills

Walker, Frank UFA Giants

Walls, Lenny UFA Chiefs

Williams, Jimmy UFA Seahawks

Wright, Kenny UFA Redskins

lets assume we keep our key FA, except NC and get 3 quality FA starters.  FA: CB,. OG ,DT.  Then get a LB, OT,RB in first 3 rounds.  Finish up with a WR, FB, and another LB.  With that offseason and improvement of our young guys we should be able to get 10 wins and make the playoffs. Then we are 1 or 2 playmakers away from a top 6 team.  This is a critical offseason .  We need to get much better talent or fan support will plummet.  Given a sellers market we need to target and be aggressive in FA .  By the way the RB needs to be fast and shifty to supplament a solid but not super WM.

877650[/snapback]

We have to learn to win in the AFC East to make the playoffs next year....We were 3-3, but that is not enough.....We need to be 5-1 or 6-0 in the division....

Here's a list of the expected UFA available after this offseason. Outside of Nate and Samuel there are few starters out there. The only guys that jump out at me are David Macklin  and Tory James

Bauman, Rashad: UFA Bengals

James, Tory UFA Bengals

877969[/snapback]

B'gals like 5th year CB Bauman, but he's been on IR since very early in the season. I don't recall what for but it was pretty bad - busted ankle, torn ligaments - not sure.

Tory James is a smart enough CB, but he's on his downside. A blurb from the morning n'paper here...

"...There are some farewells on the horizon. Without a playoff berth, the regular-season finale against the Steelers is likely the last Bengals game for rapidly aging cornerback Tory James, whose contract expires in March. It's also the likely last game of guard Eric Steinbach, a consistent, versatile player whose flexibility probably priced him out of the Cincinnati market.".

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../612260381/1066

From what I have been hearing is that GB wont be able to afford Al Harris the CB from GB, hes a lockdown corner and Id have complete faith in him if GB let him go and we couldnt afford Clements.....Harris would be a huge addition even if we kept Nate, he could take over for Thomas.......

From what I have been hearing is that GB wont be able to afford Al Harris the CB from GB, hes a lockdown corner and Id have complete faith in him if GB let him go and we couldnt afford Clements.....Harris would be a huge addition even if we kept Nate, he could take over for Thomas.......

878453[/snapback]

Harris and Clements?!?... :thumbsup:

The odds of shelling out $35 million in signing bonuses to 2 CB's are about the same as Oakland winning this years Super Bowl.

878453[/snapback]

GB has harris locked up for 3 more years......he is blowing smoke about a holdout and the pack have been known to fold (see mckenzie and walker), but i don't see them dealing harris........

even if they did deal him, it would take at least a 2nd rounder and he certainly wouldn't settle on being a nickelback........

i just don't see it as a realistic option......