Officer Refuses To Go To Iraq

It would be even better if we felt like our military was being used to defend our nation instead of being thrown into some far out quagmire with no real mission.

874865[/snapback]

My God! You're advocating, that if someone in the Military " feels" like a war is immoral, its ok to desert the military.

My point is: if he's convinced his orders are illegal, he's trying to weasel out of responsibility for avoiding them.  Basically, he's trying to avoid taking a stand. 

Either it's an illegal war, or it's legal.  Seems to me he's trying to say "Well...it's illegal...but I don't believe that strongly enough to completely not support it....so can I just sort-of not support it?"  That's cowardly, not having conviction in his beliefs.

874930[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification, I see what you were getting at now...

How the fug do you point the finger at "today's military" over a couple of clowns among over a million that pull this crap? Like this stuff hasn't been happening forever? :doh:

I mean, where the hell is the discipline in this military? It's not the SOLDIERS that are the problem, it's the institution.

I mean, where the hell is the discipline in this military? It's not the SOLDIERS that are the problem, it's the institution.

Are you kidding me? Individuals will always make bad choices. There's more discipline in today's military than ever before - actually too much in many cases. I've seen guys have their careers ended over sh-- that wouldn't have warranted a memo when I first joined.

The biggest difference is now we're fighting a public war, which means virtually everything negative gets reported.

Are you kidding me? Individuals will always make bad choices. There's more discipline in today's military than ever before - actually too much in many cases. I've seen guys have their careers ended over sh-- that wouldn't have warranted a memo when I first joined.

The biggest difference is now we're fighting a public war, which means virtually everything negative gets reported.

Really? I don't know about you, but when I was in, they deep-sixed barracks inspections. They changed rules WRT the UCMJ, etc.

Can you provide examples of "too much discipline" or guys having their careers ended over stupid stuff?

Really? I don't know about you, but when I was in, they deep-sixed barracks inspections. They changed rules WRT the UCMJ, etc.

Can you provide examples of "too much discipline" or guys having their careers ended over stupid stuff?

Are you fuggin' kidding me? Your example is getting rid of barracks inspections? :thumbsup:

Nice Darin....

Throw in there also these idiot parents who are crying because their children sign contacts to defend this country and OBEY the orders of the President... I just love all the quotes of "My son joined for college money, not to fight" / "My daughter was treated bad in bootcamp and then sent to fight in a war she didnt want to fight"

This woman here is in need of a 10 inch penis http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/28/sheehan.arrest/index.html

And so on...................

Problem is we are now a country that thrives off all negatives and worried about others rights... Support your American Drama Queens, watch CNN!

There is plenty of discipline Joe... New generation of people now in. Ive been in half Army and half Navy for over 16 years now. When I first came in, if you messed up, you got your ass kicked and moved on with it. Now, we have the "Time Out" generation in and the military is getting VERY weak. Throw on top of these officers we have as leaders. Some of these guy were people you use to beat the hell out of in high school. The mental picture is not being handled in bootcamp. Bootcamp is a summer camp now. WEAK! All the branches of service bootcampers are givin "Trainin Time Out" cards and if they feel they are being stressed, they pull out their cards and the mean instructor has to leave them alone until they calm down. Im going to request one when I go back to the Gulf in May, pull it out when I feel stressed and tired... Im sure the terrorist will understand.

There is plenty of discipline Joe... New generation of people now in. Ive been in half Army and half Navy for over 16 years now. When I first came in, if you messed up, you got your ass kicked and moved on with it. Now, we have the "Time Out" generation in and the military is getting VERY weak. Throw on top of these officers we have as leaders. Some of these guy were people you use to beat the hell out of in high school. The mental picture is not being handled in bootcamp. Bootcamp is a summer camp now. WEAK! All the branches of service bootcampers are givin "Trainin Time Out" cards and if they feel they are being stressed, they pull out their cards and the mean instructor has to leave them alone until they calm down. Im going to request one when I go back to the Gulf in May, pull it out when I feel stressed and tired... Im sure the terrorist will understand.

What? You're going to the Gulf?

Oh no sir. You go march back to your mommy and have her sign you a note to excuse you from fighting