Ramblings on the new tude

The Big Cat

I've seen several people make reference to this seemingly reliable Bills team. Someone cited the 2004 season as an example saying that in typical Bills fashion, teams of the past would find ways to LOSE. Every-GD-time. But something has changed this year and for whatever reason, I don't see this team bagging it this Sunday and I think we have an honest shot at the Ravens.

Am I being a stupidly and blindly optimistic Bills fan (a charge we have ALL been guilty of at least twice)? Or is this team for FINALLY for real?

I liked the comments that Ralph passed on from his "kids" (I'm assuming they're in their 50's or 60's). He said they were present at a team get together and that the feeling of unity was higher than it's ever been. He then went on to name Jauron as the best coach since Marv.

Is the coaching that much better this year? Is it personell? Is it a combination of the two- in which case, go Marv? Or is this a smoke and mirrors team stringing together victories over questionable teams?

I want to Billieve I really do. I think 9-7 is a definite reality based on this team's play the past two weeks. But who knows if they can hold it together. What does everyone think about this team's attitude? And how will personell additions/subtractions impact any momentum they might build going into 07?

Go Bills!

I'm not sure exactly what it is either, and we still have a ways to go , but after witnessing 3 of the games live this year, I gotta agree about the unity/chemistry thing. Not since our favorite Bills era have I seen so much willingness, enthusiasm, communication and concern from the team as a whole. It's pretty obvious that JP hangs with the O-linemen, probably even more than the Wr's, as they always communicating on the sidelines. Guys like Hargrove, while helping as a role player on the field, have really helped getting the team and the fans pumped up. Fletch is the undisputed leader on the defense, and the young guys in the secondary do a good job relaying the calls too. There's just a whole different feeling around here, and it stems from the guys on top.

I see a team thats playing hard for every snap.  I see a team that wants to win.  I see a team that gets down by a TD DONT give, they keep fighting.  I see a team of youth that loves the game of football.  I see a team that loves and endures the staff at 1 Bills Dr.

873138[/snapback]

I agree 100%. This bills team is completely on the same page throughout. Everyone trusts each other, which is just as key as having talented players. I truly believe that something special can happen in the next two weeks. Teams of the past would have thrown in the white flag during that Texans game (last year vs the fish!) but j.p led them after the d finally made a big stop. And this run is against hot teams and good teams and we're winning them or giving the Colts and CHargers a run for their money when we are outmatched (compaerd to the '04 team that had the run against all sub- 500 teams and then blew it against the steelers). No I think we'll do our part for our playoff chances, and if we don't make it, I will be so amped for next year to see what we can do!!

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::thumbsup::worthy::rolleyes:

I've seen several people make reference to this seemingly reliable Bills team.  Someone cited the 2004 season as an example saying that in typical Bills fashion, teams of the past would find ways to LOSE.  Every-GD-time. 

873092[/snapback]

I'm was one of them.

It's not that I'm on board with this team being "for real", or that I fully believe they can win out these next two games ( I have a good feeling about the next two, though.)

It's just that I have confidence that they will not be humiliated by a team of 2nd stringers that knocks Buffalo out of the playoffs, or assraped by Deion frigging 37-year old Sanders, or be burned on national TV by Daunte Hall playing wide receiver, or have a pass thrown by friggin Travis Henry go south.

These are things that always happened to Buffalo in the recent past when there was a chance for a breakthrough game against a good team.

I have a good feeling that if we lose, it will at least be an honest, close loss.

Screw the refs. Just kidding.

Great chemistry on the team right now. And they are showing what we all begged for MM to do last year. Give the younger guys playing time. Jauron has done that and looks what has been going on. They are playing very hard each and every play.

With all of the being said I firmly believe in bringing in a couple FA's at the end of the season.... hate to use the term, but "character guys". Not the flashy, see me - pay me guys... but guys like Evans who just get the job and know that their play will determine their salary. Not their antics.

9-7 here we come!!!

Not since our favorite Bills era have I seen so much willingness, enthusiasm, communication and concern from the team as a whole.

Gee the parallels....are...ummm...MARV!!!! I'm feeling you 1987, I really am. Look out baby, we're gettin in the playoffs!! And I want another shot at Brady if at all possible!!

Gee the parallels....are...ummm...MARV!!!!  I'm feeling you 1987, I really am.  Look out baby, we're gettin in the playoffs!!  And I want another shot at Brady if at all possible!!

873198[/snapback]

I have elected to forget most of the second game so I wonder what a third game might seriously look like with the way both teams are playing right now.

Didn't you absolutely love Jauron responding to that by saying he's not nearly in marv's class?

873225[/snapback]

I did. I listened to the press conference on a podcast so I didn't SEE Dick's reactions. But everytime someone from the media pumped him for a little self promotion, he managed to deflect the comment. It almost seemed as though all the attentioin they were giving him was making him uncomfortable but he REFUSED to accept the credit they tried to give him.

I did.  I listened to the press conference on a podcast so I didn't SEE Dick's reactions.  But everytime someone from the media pumped him for a little self promotion, he managed to deflect the comment.  It almost seemed as though all the attentioin they were giving him was making him uncomfortable but he REFUSED to accept the credit they tried to give him.

873228[/snapback]

I would give my Christmas bonus for the chance to have coffee with the two of them.