What game will you look back and say what if?

we shoulda beat the patsies opening day.but i love where this team is headed.if we play hard the last two games it is irrelavant if we make the playoffs.we will have so much to build off for next season.there will be a group of very hungry players that will be at the next level.this is gonna be a fun team to watch the next few seasons...go buffalo!

we shoulda beat the patsies opening day.but i love where this team is headed.if we play hard the last two games it is irrelavant if we make the playoffs.we will have so much to build off for next season.there will be a group of very hungry players that will be at the next level.this is gonna be a fun team to watch the next few seasons...go buffalo!

870139[/snapback]

That's the one that jumped to my mind ..... that first New England game .... :rolleyes:

All of them except the Chicago and second New England game, in a way.

But this season isn't about making the playoffs- yes, it would be nice, but it's about them learning how to win. Losing the Detroit, NYJ, Indy, and first NE game all hurt them, but it's a young team and they seem to have turned those heartbreaking losses into lessons.

Bills teams from 2000-2005 would have found a way to lose the Texans and Jags games. They seem to be able to win those now, and that's a huge step for a developing team.

For me - the Detroit game. They are a horrible team. How did we lose to them?

Remember two years ago when Jacksonville beat us on opening day? The last play of the game? That was my what if game for the 2004 season. We really could have used that win.

870129[/snapback]

Actually None. Our record is what we are. We were lucky to win a few games and unlucky to lose a few....In the end we did not make enough plays against NE, Jets at home and at Detroit. However, we made plays at the end of the game against

Jax, Houston. I am happy at the progress this team has made, especially considering that we were 3-6 at one point of the season. Now to go and re-sign some of these players and have a good draft....

Oh...wait...We are still in the hunt for the playoffs...With the way teams in the AFC have been choking, anything is possible.....

And we only lost to San Diego by 3 and Indy by 1.

The future is looking bright...

870558[/snapback]

I just hope we don't try to fine tune our team and destroy the chemistry we are starting to establish. We should re-sign our own; Clemens is the only one that should be expensive. The only real upgrades we need are a 2nd WR threat and a hard nose DT. All other positions, while they aren't all Pro Bowlers are solid enough to win with. You don't need a team full of All-Pros just good players who play great together. If you want a paper champion team look no further than the Carolina Panthers or Washington Redskins!

And we only lost to San Diego by 3 and Indy by 1.

The future is looking bright...

870558[/snapback]

I was going to mention those, along with the first NYJ and NE games.

Those are 4 games we lost by a combined 14 points. Throw in the Detroit game, and it's 5 games by 17 points.

This is a young team that is "learning to win." Perhaps next season, we'll be on the other side of 5 close games.

For me - the Detroit game. They are a horrible team. How did we lose to them?

Remember two years ago when Jacksonville beat us on opening day? The last play of the game? That was my what if game for the 2004 season. We really could have used that win.

870129[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...31entry856131

Makes no difference, the 7 loss's are all the same....We are here in the present and the task at hand is to keep our wits about us and BEAT Tennessee....

Nothing more to lament...just beat TeNN. and the stars will continue there unusual alignment, starting tonight, GO INDY, I love Peyton.....

This will be hard for some to accept, but the Bills should be in first place in the AFC East!

We absolutely should have beaten New England in the opener - at the time, I liked Jauron's decision to go for it on 4th and 1 but - in hindsight - you should always take the points when you're playin' on the road.

We also should definitely have beaten Indy on the road, and should have won the first Jets game too. We could have beaten San Diego, had we played hard for 60 minutes instead of hoping for some last-second heroics, but the most frustrating loss might well be to Detroit, because we are a better team and - for whatever reason - just did not show up to play on game day.

Couple a win against NE in the opener with any of the above, and we'd be ahead of the PayToilets today.

(Imagine if we had won all 5 - we'd be freakin' 12-2 today!)

Oh well...coulda, shoulda, woulda, right? We've got much to look forward to next season, I think. Another great draft, some more time for healing, another year of experience for the rookies & younger players - and the coaching staff, plus some key free agency acquisitions, and hey, we're ready to make a serious run at the Superbowl, yes?

'Course, we might still do that this year!

GO BILLSSSS!!!!! :unsure:

Many people are saying New England - you know what, their Defense stopped us on 4th and one.

I think it is a clear cut case that the most annoying loss HAS to be San Diego as our guys played their butts off and got screwed two plays in a row which I believe would have given them the vivtory - Bitter? YES. Optimistic? YES!!

(Imagine if we had won all 5 - we'd be freakin' 12-2 today!)

870650[/snapback]

I think 80% of the teams in the NFL could say the same thing. The line between winning and losing in the NFL is very thin. There are very few dominating and very few horrible teams. The Jax are probably kicking themselves for losing to the Bills, Titans and 2 games against Houston....Otherwise they would be 12-2 too....

Bottom line was we were not making plays during the 1st half of the season and it showed in the W column. The second half we are executing crucial plays. Just as the 3 TDs of Losman was important, so was the Defense stopping those two 4 th downs in the 1st half.

Yes on Detroit, but I think the first jets game is the ONE. How do you lose when you throw for 320 and run for 130ish? We let them BOTH slip away. How nice would it be to be 9-5 right now?

870133[/snapback]

Willis actually had 150 on the ground and we had like 480-495 total yards.