How far does the Blackout stretch?

I live in Rochester, NY and really don't have the extra cash for a ticket to the game. But i'm still dying to see the game.

I was wondering if anyone knew how far the blackout stretched? I'm thinking if it's not too far I could drive to a bar that has the Sunday Ticket where it isn't blacked out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo stations are all part of the blackout. Sunday Ticket is also blacked out in any area that is mainly serviced by these stations.

I do know that WBNG in Binghamton will be showing the game. A town like Ithaca gets WBNG on its cable (although Sunday Ticket there will not have it b/c Ithaca is in the Syracuse market) but your best bet would be to get down to the Southern Tier somehow.

Dont quote me, but I thought I heard it was like a 75 mile radius? I live in Syracuse and I can't get it and really have no options outside of going, but holiday season so cash is tight, I  :thumbdown:  hate this blackout crap

868844[/snapback]

The 75 mile radius is somewhat irrelevant for the Bills as Syracuse certainly is much further than that and is blacked out because it reaches a sliver of that radius. Blacking out Syracuse also blacks out Sunday Ticket in its viewing area.

The 75 mile radius is somewhat irrelevant for the Bills as Syracuse certainly is much further than that and is blacked out because it reaches a sliver of that radius. Blacking out Syracuse also blacks out Sunday Ticket in its viewing area.

868847[/snapback]

Wonder why someone at the station hasn't thought to alter the transmission pattern in the sliver's direction. I don't think it would be that difficult to do. Maybe the station fears a lawsuit from the NFL and it wouldn't be worth the pain.

I live in Rochester, NY and really don't have the extra cash for a ticket to the game. But i'm still dying to see the game.

I was wondering if anyone knew how far the blackout stretched? I'm thinking if it's not too far I could drive to a bar that has the Sunday Ticket where it isn't blacked out.

Any help would be appreciated.

You don't have $50 for a ticket and parking, but can go to a bar and maybe spend about half that on food and drinks?

The blackout extends 75 from the point of origin. But also, if a signal broadcasts into that 75 mile radius it is also blacked out. That's the bad news.

The good news is, if you are outside the 75 blackout radius, you can still get the game on NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm in Waterloo, Ontario and can watch a blacked out game because I'm 120 miles+ from the broadcast location.

Make sense?

Hopefully you find a way to see it.

Cheers

The blackout extends 75 from the point of origin.  But also, if a signal broadcasts into that 75 mile radius it is also blacked out.  That's the bad news.

The good news is, if you are outside the 75 blackout radius, you can still get the game on NFL Sunday Ticket.  I'm in Waterloo, Ontario and can watch a blacked out game because I'm 120 miles+ from the broadcast location.

Make sense?

Hopefully you find a way to see it.

Cheers

868899[/snapback]

Not in America, see my post above.

Wonder why someone at  the station hasn't thought to alter the transmission pattern in the sliver's direction.  I don't think it would be that difficult to do.  Maybe the station fears a lawsuit from the NFL and it wouldn't be worth the pain.

868862[/snapback]

What happens when stations stop over the air broadcasting? How will that change stuff?