In case of blackout

boco357

This has not been working. The guy who streams the Bills game is in the blackout area and has nto shown the last 2 blacked out games. It is too bad.........

All this technology and we still can't watch the freaking game......and what makes it worse is that we can't watch the game because 4000 measly tickets didn't sell. We will have 70,000 people there in a stadium that us WNY citizens pay for and the game can't be shown on TV. How is this right?

I just signed up and downloaded the program. It's at the very least interesting. I was channel surfing, checking out some random channel from China followed by CNN India, then some cricket lessons from Europe. Hopefully one of the streamer will come through this weekend and the game will be on. Plus I will check it out for the NFL Network game on Saturday night.

Could somebody in an area that has the Bills coverage "sling" (SlingBox) it so you can watch it?

The game would come off one of the free networks that is airing it (NBC, CBS, ABC, or FOX)... So why would it be illegal to sling to another?...

Or say... The game was on here in Illinois (or either Sunday Ticket) and I was going back home to WNY for the weekend (not attending the game)... could I "sling" it to myself?

???

Who else has used this?

867969[/snapback]

I just used it to watch the Dallas vs. Atlanta game.

I also watched the SF/Seattle game this past Thursday.

If you use try it....it's important to note that the person streaming it might not start it until the very beginning of the game....so if you can't get it before the game starts don't freak out.

I am not a computer genius, just enough to get in trouble. But my son in law is and I just explained your dilema. Sling box is the answer. All you need is a friend outside the blackot area, is willing to give you his password and allow you to stream it to you. Anyone tried it yet? It should work. You can stream in a tivo's recording or real time a program in. Maybe w can get aroun the bad ol NFL. Please advise if it worked for someone. By the way, a sling box is about $200. Later

This has not been working.  The guy who streams the Bills game is in the blackout area and has nto shown the last 2 blacked out games.  It is too bad.........

All this technology and we still can't watch the freaking game......and what makes it worse is that we can't watch the game because 4000 measly tickets didn't sell.  We will have 70,000 people there in a stadium that us WNY citizens pay for and the game can't be shown on TV.  How is this right?

868263[/snapback]

Get over it. I still can't believe all the complaining on this board about this rule. Ticket sales is the priority and it has to be that way. When was the last time you saw a good live local concert from your couch when it played at a public venue attended by people that bought tickets?

Quitcherbitchin.

Get over it.  I still can't believe all the complaining on this board about this rule.  Ticket sales is the priority and it has to be that way.  When was the last time you saw a good live local concert from your couch when it played at a public venue attended by people that bought tickets?

Quitcherbitchin.

868926[/snapback]

Wow, that's almost the same thing.

Get over it.  I still can't believe all the complaining on this board about this rule.  Ticket sales is the priority and it has to be that way.  When was the last time you saw a good live local concert from your couch when it played at a public venue attended by people that bought tickets?

Quitcherbitchin.

868926[/snapback]

He isnt arguing the rule ... he is saying that even when we are NOT sold out we still have a higher attendance than many other stadiums in the league that ARE sold out. I am in agreement with him, and I believe there should be a league wide rule of about 68,000 for it to be a sell-out.

sopcast is workin :thumbdown: channel 14470, binghamton feed

868931[/snapback]

Its saying "The sop adress is not valid" for me :thumbsup:

sopcast is workin :thumbdown: channel 14470, binghamton feed

linky

868931[/snapback]

I've got it on Sopcast, seems about a minute delayed from radio, but I'll use it as if viewing highlights.

I have a Slingbox. The end user license of slingbox forbids using it to broadcast your signal to someone else, and they state that if caught they will blacklist your box's ID code making it very difficult to use even just for yourself. I had thought about mailing my box to a friend in Florida and having them set it up on their system, but decided not to.

For the record, I have season tix, they are being used today, I can't be there due to recovering from minor surgery. Go Bills!

macnmotion

I've got it on Sopcast, seems about a minute delayed from radio, but I'll use it as if viewing highlights.

I have a Slingbox. The end user license of slingbox forbids using it to broadcast your signal to someone else, and they state that if caught they will blacklist your box's ID code making it very difficult to use even just for yourself. I had thought about mailing my box to a friend in Florida and having them set it up on their system, but decided not to.

For the record, I have season tix, they are being used today, I can't be there due to recovering from minor surgery. Go Bills!

macnmotion

868954[/snapback]

Pardon the ignorance, but a 'Slingbox' allows you to see blacked out games?

P.S. SopCast just started working for me also.