Michael Vick to running back?

RLflutie7

That the Falcons have kicked the idea around . . . only because of injuries.

Move Vick to running back and have Matt Schaub play QB.

Then Adam says they're never going to do it, but it's been discussed.

If they did it and Vick did well along with Schaub it would kill Vick's QB career.

I've said before that I think too many young African American QBs look to run too much and I got screamed at and told to leave.

But if you watch Vince Young on third downs and other big plays (overtime) he plans on running rather that throwing and that will hurt him in the long run.

Vick is going to break Bobby Douglas' record for QB rushing, becoming the first QB to rush for over 1,000 yards in a season. That's nice but does it really help him or his team?

Vick has taken enough heat from the elder Mora and everyone else.

Don't do it Falcons.

Mike should just throw the ball and trust your teammates.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That the Falcons have kicked the idea around . . . only because of injuries.

Then Adam says they're never going to do it, but it's been discussed.

If they did it and Vick did well along with Schaub it would kill Vick's QB career.

I've said before that I think too many young African American QBs look to run too much and I got screamed at and told to leave.

But if you watch Vince Young on third downs and other big plays (overtime) he plans on running rather that throwing and that will hurt him in the long run.

Vick is going to break Bobby Douglas' record for QB rushing, becoming the first QB to rush for over 1,000 yards in a season. That's nice but does it really help him or his team?

Vick has taken enough heat from the elder Mora and everyone else.

Don't do it Falcons.

Mike should just throw the ball and trust your teammates.

867113[/snapback]

Kill Vick's career? It would kill Vick. Imagine Vick running straight ahead over guard and being hit behind a middle linebacker.

It would also kill Schaub. Can anyone imagine Vick picking up a blitz? :oops:

Don't do it Falcons.

867113[/snapback]

The Falcons won't do it for 1 big reason: It would expose Schaub as the career backup he is and make it impossible to hoodwink some club into trading for him like Jacksonville did to the Bills in 1998 with RJ.

I think its funny how you guys tried to make me look dumb  :oops: ... just look at the stats. Bush is on pace for a 97 reception, 850 receiving yard year ... as I said. A Reggie Bush type.

867241[/snapback]

They're just messing with you Daq. :lol:

Yeah, but Bush plays RB, not WR.

867259[/snapback]

Actually if you really want to debate this, one could say that Bush "plays" WR and is "listed" at RB ... look at the carries to receiving ratio. He is basically half RB/half WR

:oops:

Ok. Let me edit my post so that people who don't want to engage their brain can understand what my post originally meant.

"I would not put Vick at RB. I would put Vick at Wide Receiver if ANYTHING. Like Reggie Bush is at WR 75% of the game (yes even though he is LISTED at RB)."

Is that better?